OMG! resellers of invites among us on ebay!!

1. sungjinchoi01
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

2. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

Sonny , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Your wish has been granted.

3. leiwang2012
    Froyo Sep 25, 2014

leiwang2012 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Believe or not, the iPhone resellers sells iPhone 6+ over $2000.

4. FXOjafar
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

FXOjafar , Sep 25, 2014 :
    You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :)

5. Davinb
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2014

Davinb , Sep 25, 2014 :
    First in best dressed tho

https://account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/PBXU-08V9-AUJR-3UOC

6. jhousebey
    Donut Sep 25, 2014

jhousebey , Sep 25, 2014 :
    No. Way to take it to the extreme. 5 points for execution!

7. Asatur
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2014

Asatur , Sep 25, 2014 :
    he he .. I have a suggestion about 15 $ or 10 $ in this forum . :((

But I cant Buy Invite. ! I want to get it :))

8. mramirkhan
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

mramirkhan , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I know its extreme but it just demonstrates that the logic is flawed

9. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

flynnsarcade , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Interesting. Okay, let me put this spin on it... assuming you couldn't argue that this invite is a form of "digital ticket" (which would be a stretch), I would say it is against the rules, and the listing could be removed by eBay, but I do not think it to be fraud. Unless of course the seller is misrepresenting the item they are trying to sell.

If you decide to report the listing to eBay, then that's fair. But if you pay money, receive the item, and then tell eBay that your item was not received / broken / etc. when it was truly not... that, is fraud. An offense I personally wouldn't encourage people to do.

Now to get around this, one could always sell a pencil for $25-$50, and with the pencil comes a free code to buy a OnePlus One. A dirty workaround, but it probably complies with eBay's rules. Another idea is just to use newsgroups or some other avenue that does not have restrictions on selling digital items. OnePlus has stated that the only forum they will be policing the sale of invites, is their own, so resellers aren't really breaking OP's code of conduct either (as far as I know).

I'm just not sure why people are getting so wound up about this. If you are going to get mad at anyone, get mad at OnePlus for creating this secondary market. This problem will be solved once the pre-order system gets going, and the secondary market is squashed.

*side note: I don't sell invites, but I can see why people would.

10. sungjinchoi01
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Sonny likes this.
  11. jhousebey
    Donut Sep 25, 2014

jhousebey , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Interesting. I can see if I was running for President of the free world with this logic. My Logic on each topic vary and my Logic on a Cell Phone forum is that. It would be different if they were hoarding invites, and they could keep the invites forever. But they can't and so I have my opinion. Regardless of what I think, my opinion is just one out of many. So let's agree to disagree and move along.

12. gatenosix
    KitKat Sep 25, 2014

gatenosix , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I didn't say anything about that. Regardless, you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. So what if I sell invites? Quite frankly, it's none of your business.

13. gatenosix
    KitKat Sep 25, 2014

gatenosix , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Great; if nothing happens, you just made yourself look like an idiot. If something happens, it happens; that won't stop me from selling invites if I wish to sell them.

14. pwuk
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2014

pwuk , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Calm down, it's only a mobile phone

flynnsarcade likes this.
  15. sungjinchoi01
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

16. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

flynnsarcade , Sep 25, 2014 :
    And judging by the market value of the invites (which have gone for up to $100 each), I would consider these to be very tangible assets for re-sellers. For the company, they have helped in the intangible sense, by creating a real advertizing buzz on a shoestring budget. So hat tip to OnePlus in that regard.

17. aznalan15
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

18. T3.
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

T3. , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I made almost 200 doing it. ebay is the wrong place to do it.

19. Ayushya
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Ayushya , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Some people have plenty of "time", others have plenty of "money". Former will be here, latter, on ebay. :rolleyes:

20. mramirkhan
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

mramirkhan , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I disagree, if something happens then great you get what you deserve. if nothing happens then I personally dont lose anything so win again, sounds like win win to me