On Closing the OnePlus 2 Reservation List

1. cronicoverdose Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

cronicoverdose, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I am very curious as to what OP's production capacity is or will be at, because to potentially produce even 1 million units = 1,000,000 / 365 = approx. 2,740 / day. Then in 1 year time....every big player would come out with another brand new phone, interested to see how this smart phone market plays out.

2. ruchin1989 Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

3. yahoss Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

yahoss, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Good news. Now let the On line sales continue without invites and do away with the one hour window. People should be able to buy a OPT when they need it going forward. The wait should be over now. My 2 cents

4. ChrisTerp Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

ChrisTerp, Oct 15, 2015 :
    RIP OP2 Reservation List.

Ha ha ha - did folks even get an invite from this list? Seems more like invites were only sent out via contests, and showing up at OnePlus official Meet Ups (at least in the U.S.); India seems to of gotten the lion share of invites and devices from OnePlus and good for India as it looks like a market OnePlus is shooting for market penetration.

I started out at 1,68X on that "list", then only saw that number drop to where I am something like 230,XXX now. Early Member, early to sign-up on that reservation list and participate in the forum - pretty much a good "Tier" in OnePlus system and it didn't (hasn't) help me at all in getting an invite for the OP2.

Good luck OnePlus getting your marketing sorted out. Customers typically don't like waiting months to purchase a product that they can just walk down the street and pickup at the nearest mobile/wireless store.

5. OneTimesOne Honeycomb Oct 15, 2015

OneTimesOne, Oct 15, 2015 :
    They finally realized that of the 5 million entries...only 7000 of those entries actually belonged to real people...and of those real people...only 2000 actually wanted a phone to keep instead of scalp on eBay.

6. aakashjhaveri Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

7. Gonzo01 Lollipop Oct 15, 2015

Gonzo01, Oct 15, 2015 :
    "... other things in life besides invites..." :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

ChrisTerp likes this.
  8. AnkushKShah Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

9. Papao KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Papao, Oct 15, 2015 :
    OnePlus will soon go bankruptcy........market saturation....market competition........market flooded with smartphones......prices will fall down.........technology will be matured.....etc......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. Papao KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Papao, Oct 15, 2015 :
    And bye bye....if I have the chance, I will not buy OP2 .........why.......software update will be closed down too.......and OP2 becomes real brick........................:D:D:D:D:D:D

11. Papao KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Papao, Oct 15, 2015 :
    And OP2 is a failed product..................that is what I will remember...........:D:D:D:D:D

12. rbagdai The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 15, 2015

rbagdai, Oct 15, 2015 :
    I am proud of being an early supporter of OnePlus! :)

13. <MuHcOw> Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

<MuHcOw>, Oct 15, 2015 :
    @Mike and others ;)

I don't quite understand why OnePlus staff didn't create a somewhat regular queue...
    A queue where nobody gets bumped up or down... (sort of)..

• Before ANY invites are handed out old forum members and such are placed first in line (this is up to debate).

• Then you start handing out a few invites to the first users in line AND let the rest of us enter the queue.

• Notify people when they can EXPECT to receive an invite within the next 24 hours.

• Users who don't react on an invite automatically gets bumped to a secondary queue.

• The secondary queue receives every 10th invite that you hand out.

• Notify users in the secondary queue when they can expect to receive an invite within the next 24 hours.

• Invites handed out in the secondary queue should have longer “lease time” x2 or x3 compared to those handed out in the primary queue.

• People in the secondary queue who do not react on an invite should be placed in a tertiary queue that receives every 10th of the invites in the secondary queue with even longer invite “lease times” (x5 or more). 24 hour notice as before.

• Users who still don't react on an invite should be “kicked out”.

• Unused invites in the secondary and tertiary queues will be transferred back into the primary queue (with normal lease time).
    Wouldn't that work?? - 100% automatic – No games – No happenings – No nonsense!!! (no sale??)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015

14. RahulMahey Cupcake Oct 15, 2015

RahulMahey, Oct 15, 2015 :
    What happens if we get an invite, but the OnePlus 2 models are still out of stock and we are not able to purchase them? Will the invite go to waste after 24 hours?

15. <MuHcOw> Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

<MuHcOw>, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Yes

16. baltiets Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

17. benluca KitKat Oct 15, 2015

benluca, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Here we go again, with the "Mythical 5 Million" ... and for all of that, less than 10,000 devices actually manufactured, sold, delivered and in the hands of real owners.

And, another "fake" announcement. If you're going to stop the list, than STOP it ... as opposed to setting a fake "deadline", in yet another attempt to enlist unwitting "fans" to further drive up the fake numbers and mythical demand.

Here's a suggestion: Deliver on the original promise (by Carl), by manufacturing "30 to 50 times more" devices and sell those, rather than to continue in promulgating a fake demand for a ridiculous phantom 5 million. Once you've sold those, make some more (and sell them).

RLBL, jdneilso and Papao like this.
  18. funmunke Marshmallow Oct 15, 2015

funmunke, Oct 15, 2015 :
    It's hard to call a phone that moved bigger numbers than many of it's competitors a failed product. :p

19. deepakjohnn Gingerbread Oct 15, 2015

deepakjohnn, Oct 15, 2015 :
    Got my invite today, but hav already got my OPT by way of a shared invite from a forum member, to whom am very grateful. Nd thanks oneplus for a great phone

benluca likes this.
  20. Papao KitKat Oct 15, 2015

Papao, Oct 15, 2015 :
    You are so naive.......

benluca likes this.