on/off button turns looked 3T off

1. Saphir-prod
    Donut Apr 10, 2017

Saphir-prod , Apr 10, 2017 :
    Hi,

I have the problem, that if I have my looked 3T in a back and it lies on the side with the power button, the 3T switches off automatically. That is very annoying.
    The Buttons have a nice design and a good material but they are far to easy to press. The pressure point should be much higher.
    Is there any setting where I can switch off the possibility of switching off the 3T in looked mode?

Thanks for your help!

2. G_rajath_t.s_Xobp
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2017

athaarv likes this.
  3. Bartnl
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2017

Bartnl , Apr 10, 2017 :
    The power button only shuts down the phone when pressed longer then 10 seconds.
    Any shorter it will give you the onscreen option or in locked mode no option (as normal shot down does not work then). This is at all mobile phones like this, to be able to shut it down in case of a screen failure and a normal shutdown can't be done
    Do not put it on its side anymore.

4. Saphir-prod
    Donut Apr 13, 2017

Saphir-prod , Apr 13, 2017 :
    Good Morning,

with locked mode I mean the situation when the phone is not shut down but you can't use it because you have to unlock it, in my example the display is off too.

@Bartnl: Yes other mobile phones have it too but they don't have the problem, that the button is pressed by the wight of the phone. That's what I mean with the pressure point, it's fare to easy to press the buttons. To not put it on the side is no option because it's not a small phone and it would fall on his side if I would stand it up in the bag.

5. F_Ori_Pro_DuXD
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2017

6. Jörg Asmussen
    Donut May 2, 2017

Jörg Asmussen , May 2, 2017 :
    I try, but the phone does not listen when in the bag. Do you have a config setting that lets it stay straight in the bag ?

Saphir-prod likes this.
  7. Jörg Asmussen
    Donut May 2, 2017

I agree. I try to use the phone with one hand, and the button gets in the way all the time. Just during the last month, I have had at least 20 incidents, where the on/off buttons gets in the way and sets the phone in lock-mode, while I am operating the screen.

I used to have an iPhone 4S. The power-button was placed on the "top" of the phone. It never got in the way for my one-handed operations.

I know the new iPhones also have the power-button on the right side. But I can't understand how that design change happened ? There are so many operations, where the button gets activated by accident. Am I the only one feeling the button is placed in the wrong place on the phone ?

Nomsky95 likes this.
  8. Jörg Asmussen
    Donut May 2, 2017

One example is switching the "silence slider". It has a quite pressure point, which is ok, but to be able to switch it , I need to apply counter force on the other side of the phone. Accidentally that's rather close to the power-button.

Another example is just "grabbing" the phone, the power button gets activated.
    I wish I could just "grab" it with one hand, without have to think about where the power button is.

9. immadeofpixels
    Eclair May 2, 2017

immadeofpixels , May 2, 2017 :
    I just held my phone on it's side against a hard floor for minutes and nothing happened. The weight of the device alone is not enough to press the power button. Are there other items in your bag that might cause pressure against the phone or button?

10. Jörg Asmussen
    Donut May 2, 2017

Indeed, the phone is not alone.

11. Saphir-prod
    Donut May 4, 2017

Saphir-prod , May 4, 2017 :
    Oh yes that I know, having the phone in the hand is not easy without pressing a button by eccident. Feels quiet uncomfortable. Even the slider is sometimes moving without I want it. The power button should change places with the Sim card holder.

It happens for me too if the phone is alone in his place. I have a leather bag and I think you have to count the movement from me too.

I tested this a bit more with other phones and older phones have it with the power button only but newer phones don't get off if you press only the power button, you have to press a second button too. I wonder way ;-)

I like to say even there are points which are not designed/produced in a good way, it's an excellent phone!