One out of 2 OnePlus 7 Pro is now Dead

1. xxkhbxx
    Froyo Aug 18, 2019

xxkhbxx , Aug 18, 2019 :
    I'm going to contact the media about this, sadly if no one does it I'M GOING TO. There will be a massive lawsuite

Oh well....

quinshel, shahani_Naveed and P4p4y4 like this.
  2. quinshel
    Eclair Aug 18, 2019

quinshel , Aug 18, 2019 :
    They need to acknowledge this issue and give a statement about it , everyone is disappointed and the precious data on the phone , cant give it to any service center to replace it ..

I still not able to retrieve my dead phone...no update on msmtools yet.

tommygooden and P4p4y4 like this.
  3. shahani_Naveed
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

shahani_Naveed , Aug 18, 2019 :
    did you tried power+volume up ?

quinshel likes this.
  4. quinshel
    Eclair Aug 18, 2019

Are you kidding me.. I done that one month back. Haha

5. ganeshbe86
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

ganeshbe86 , Aug 18, 2019 :
    I have a 12GB/256GB Nebula blue device. This has happened to me at least 10 times in the last 2 months. OnePlus is not coming out and explaining why we are facing this issue. Reported the bug after the first occurance and never got a response. This is not even in their known bugs/issues list. Something's definitely wrong!!

Missing reminders, alarms, mails, calls and messages because of this bug.

xxkhbxx, quinshel and conormob like this.
  6. quinshel
    Eclair Aug 18, 2019

You got a expensive paper weight like mine.. Welcome. To the club.

xxkhbxx and ganeshbe86 like this.
  7. cyayon
    Donut Aug 19, 2019

cyayon , Aug 19, 2019 :
    I don’t know if it was already done, but I think it’s time to find a good marketing name for this major issue...
    Like antenna-gate for iPhone 4 a few years ago.

i had a OP 7PRO and returned to amazon for a full refund...

i purpose death-gate or ground-gate (in reference of a previous post about a possible ground issue).
    Do not hesitate to purpose something else :) !

xxkhbxx, quinshel and ganeshbe86 like this.
  8. ithernit
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

xxkhbxx likes this.
  9. Chobbes65
    Froyo Aug 20, 2019

Chobbes65 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    It's been needing to be addressed for the last 2 months!

malidan and xxkhbxx like this.
  10. cyayon
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

cyayon , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Today, hardware manufacturing and design is no more a big issue. A lot of companies are able to build good devices.
    The main challenge today is software and software and software...
    Clearly OnePlus, is not able to perform in this domain.

quinshel likes this.
  11. kmkozan
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

kmkozan , Aug 20, 2019 :
    So this is interesting. Because my phone had died again, I took out the SIM and put it back into my previous phone. Since doing that the phone has died twice in 2 days. Previously it would go several weeks before experiencing this issue again. I wonder if the phone goes into a deeper sleep with no SIM since it doesn't have to maintain the cell connection. Or, if it goes into sleep more frequently, resulting in more frequent crashes.

I wonder if there's a utility we could install to keep the phone from going into sleep mode and just turn off the screen. It would probably destroy battery life but at this point it's better than having the phone crash all the time.

12. F1566312828154
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

13. drugman48
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

14. ranjit_burgute
    Donut Aug 20, 2019

ranjit_burgute , Aug 20, 2019 :
    Keep music playing in background on mute in loop mode. this is very dumb and will heavily consume battery but will prevent phone from going in deep sleep mode but it works ;)

15. csteph12
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2019

csteph12 , Aug 20, 2019 :
    I also had this problem with the OnePlus 7 Pro turning off and having to be reset. Each time it was face down, once on a table and once on a bedsheet. The only change I made that week was activating Face Unlock. Disabled this and haven't had a problem since. Suspect, it might have something to do with the popup camera!

16. Jmartinbsu
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2019

Jmartinbsu , Aug 21, 2019 :
    Yeah, this has happened to me a handful of times. Vol Up + Power fixes the issue but it's annoying. I think the phone is actually still on and not shut off like people say. I think it's a software issue where the OS just locks up.

17. 49merc
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2019

49merc , Aug 21, 2019 :
    I had this issue this weekend. It's only happened one time, the SIM card was removed and I put the phone to sleep. Unable to wake it even after several tries of holding the power button and the volume up button. I tried holding up and down volume button and power button at the same time, eventually it booted. Gave me quite a scare, I wonder if I can trust the phone?

18. Chobbes65
    Froyo Aug 21, 2019

Chobbes65 , Aug 21, 2019 :
    Not the pop up camera. Mine keeps shutting down and I don't use it.

19. ganeshbe86
    Donut Aug 21, 2019

ganeshbe86 , Aug 21, 2019 :
    "I have a 12GB/256GB Nebula blue device. This has happened to me at least 10 times in the last 2 months. OnePlus is not coming out and explaining why we are facing this issue. Reported the bug after the first occurance and never got a response. This is not even in their known bugs/issues list. Something's definitely wrong!!

Missing reminders, alarms, mails, calls and messages because of this bug."

I am using a smart watch and I have Bluetooth always on. If I remember correctly, only after I started using the smart watch with Bluetooth always on connected to Huawei Health app, I am facing this issue. I have to check for this issue without keeping Bluetooth on for a week.

xxkhbxx likes this.
  20. Chobbes65
    Froyo Aug 21, 2019

Chobbes65 , Aug 21, 2019 :
    I also have the huawei health app; could this be the cause maybe?