One out of 2 OnePlus 7 Pro is now Dead

1. Shuller Jelly Bean Jun 17, 2019

2. Poloasis Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Poloasis, Jun 17, 2019 :
    Happened to my phone about 2 to 3 days where it goes off and the only way to turn it on is by going what's been described here. So far it happened 3 times since I got it on May 30th.

3. Ynot B Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Ynot B, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Happened to me 5 days in. Sent back for a replacement. So far I'm just over 1 week and it's still working.
    Other issues, but hasn't gone comatose.

4. rbrtfr Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

rbrtfr, Jun 18, 2019 :
    oh god this already happened to me, i had to return the first handset and got a replacement... it started by freezing some apps, then i noticed the image quality in some whatsapp chats went bad (like really pixelated) then it just froze and there was no trick that could bring it back (battery charged 100%)... so guess what.. this morning my replacement unit started behaving the SAME!! random app freezing, ugly photos in whatsapp... it hasnt turn off yet, but if it does man, i will ask for a full refund on this toy of a phone. also first experience with this company and so far it has been dissapointing really... why do you make us pay for the shipping of your faulty handset??? this is what we get

5. rbrtfr Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

rbrtfr, Jun 18, 2019 :
    return it man... i did. VERY frustrating really

6. rbrtfr Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

rbrtfr, Jun 18, 2019 :
    same here man, i HAD to pay for the shipping of this crap phone, why?!? 10 days later i got the replacement and just today it started behaving strangely, exactly the same as the fist one.. if this one dies on me, i want my money back!!!

malidan likes this.
  7. rbrtfr Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

rbrtfr, Jun 18, 2019 :
    you're not alone man... apparently the number of bugs in this phone is GIGANTIC

malidan and Gmx333 like this.
  8. rbrtfr Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

rbrtfr, Jun 18, 2019 :
    maybe ask for the refund.. i couldnt do it because i initiated my request as a replacement, so they said it couldn't be changed to a refund.. but now my replacement unit started with the same issues, so if this one fails too, i WILL request a complete refund

9. daybyday Cupcake Jun 21, 2019

daybyday, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Actually no. I have had this happen half a dozen times already. Paniced the first two times, then figured out vol up+power. I've got the 12GB/256GB EU version.

One time however, it froze while I was using the phone. Entire screen froze for a few seconds, then turned black, and then the usual symptom: nothing works except vol up + power.

So it's not just limited to some (deep) sleep state, it can also happen during normal operation, but it seems more prevalent while the phone is sleeping because most of the time it occurs when it's in my pocket or on my desk.

I also suspect it happens with the battery near 50%, but not so sure on that; I don't think I've seen it happen with a full (>75%) battery charge state yet.

10. G_Derrick_D Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

G_Derrick_D, Jun 23, 2019 :
    This worked for me, thanks.

11. Raj One Eclair Jun 23, 2019

Raj One, Jun 23, 2019 :
    I had many OP phones before. Even rooted the phones previously. Nothing unexpected happened so far. But today I simply factory reset the my OP 7 Pro from the settings menu. And its dead now. Not powering on. Tried all the possibilities but nothing.

12. Raj One Eclair Jun 23, 2019

Raj One, Jun 23, 2019 :
    God! All options to revive the dead OP 7 Pro failed. I followed every option listed on OnePlus Forum as well as on XDA Nothing worked
    It took me lots of research, trial and error, and finally after 4 hours, I successfully brought the dead phone to life. (having bought the phone in India and currently being in Switzerland where OP is officially not there, I had no option of visiting a service center).

Starting from scratch now; restoring backup! Relieved!!

Naveen_006 likes this.
  13. Raj One Eclair Jun 23, 2019

Raj One, Jun 23, 2019 :
    note: my phone just didn't die automatically. I actually factory reset it from the settings, and that was the end of OP 7 pro. It never started again. Guess, others have been lucky with Vol Up + Power button trick. For me, given a strange case, it required a lengthy and complicated process.

14. malidan Marshmallow Jun 23, 2019

malidan, Jun 23, 2019 :
    This is the exact same issue that was on the OPO and guess what that had a ghost touch issue too.;)

15. sbarbatodentro Gingerbread Jun 24, 2019

sbarbatodentro, Jun 24, 2019 :
    I've got the 12GB/256GB EU version and today died. Vol Up + power resume but it's not the correct way ... Oneplus make your job quickly.

16. jxaa060970 Cupcake Jul 2, 2019

jxaa060970, Jul 2, 2019 :
    I was in the same situation.

Thank you guys the volume up+power trick works!

Really scary lol

17. ISumit Eclair Jul 2, 2019

ISumit, Jul 2, 2019 :
    happened to me too. Should I replace it or refund it? I have already passed the Amazon's(India) window of replacement.

18. daybyday Cupcake Jul 5, 2019

daybyday, Jul 5, 2019 :
    I'm having this problem multiple times a week. Has anyone replaced the device and did it go away? I am trying to find out if it's just some devices or it happens to everyone.

19. jcantono Cupcake Jul 7, 2019

jcantono, Jul 7, 2019 :
    I've had 2 instances but none in a couple of wks since my last post in this thread (knock on wood...)
    Not suggesting that it's fixed just that I've been fortunate.

20. vriesdejoop Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2019

vriesdejoop, Jul 7, 2019 :
    Seems to be something wrong, very wrong. But it is not for all the phones. Perhaps just lucky, but I had not a single hickup with my phone bought on the first day it came out.
    Op7pro eu version.

I really hope for all of you OP will find out very soon what's going on