ONE PLUS 2 AFTER 2.2.0

1. shashik008
    Froyo Dec 29, 2015

shashik008 , Dec 29, 2015 :
    hi I updated my op2 to latest 2.2.0 update.. I am facing some problems

1) colour temperature doesn't change using the slider in either quick settings or from display settings.

2) battery drain.. terrible performnace.. last night battery % is 9 when I went to sleep.. I kept the mobile in battery saver.. still my mobile didn't last till morning it's around 7 hours of sleep.. ANDROID SYSTEM IS. taking up most of the battery after update..

3) auto rotate doesn't work in chrome, when watching online videos.. after watching video for sometime on chrome browser,, auto rotate stops working.. I had to go to quick settings and turn off and turn on again to make it work.

4) after the update. system has run very laggy.. apps stuck and frequent reboots.. don't worry just clear cache from recovery and reboot and charge the mobile for 100%. this procedure solved the issue.

5) really sorry to say but this camera is very bad.. as I can't use bad words in forum.. LOL...... Continuous focus issues in video capturing.. camera always re focuses every 10 sec..
    BIGGEST PROBLEM.. {. request to all one plus 3 owners.. take a photo from your op2 using stock camera of a picture twice in same light conditions in auto modr... you will get surprised.. you will see 2 different photos with no similarities. JUST ONE WORD.. TERRIBLE CAMERA HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE

5) i found this new bug. when connected to wall charger for chargimg the touch is unresponsive feels terrible. guys is anyone experiencing the same problem when connected for charging.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016

2. killing.devil
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2015

everythingsablur likes this.
  3. shashik008
    Froyo Dec 29, 2015

shashik008 , Dec 29, 2015 :
    dude camera is bad , please dont say it is good. terrible decision of oneplus to use toshiba cameras in smartphones , terrible sensor , please it is not a flagship camera.. even galaxy J7 at 14999 13 mp gets better AF,macro focus and smooth video . surprisingly J7 has f1.9 aperture

bokdoyagee and veratoloz2005 like this.
  4. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2015

jonmaund , Dec 29, 2015 :
    Agree with Android System taking up the majority of battery after 2.2.0 but, for me at least it only seems to use battery when the screen is active.

I performed a factory reset after updating.

Adityaf likes this.
  5. jeisblack
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2015

otto2, Adityaf and Yashrajsinh like this.
  6. jeisblack
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2015

jeisblack , Dec 29, 2015 :
    And my battery stats :
    Screenshot_2015-12-29-22-12-25.png

No greenfy or any other app a only root.
    It is not the best but is is ok no draining

7. Yashrajsinh
    Gingerbread Dec 29, 2015

Yashrajsinh , Dec 29, 2015 :
    I really liked the photos you clicked. May I ask what kind of settings did you use to take the photo of the water dripping?

jeisblack likes this.
  8. jeisblack
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2015

jeisblack , Dec 29, 2015 :
    AUTO MODE man! This is why I like OnePlus 2 camera.. With auto mode you can take anything.

Abdur Desai, otto2 and Yashrajsinh like this.
  9. richieli
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2015

10. souvikdas95
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2015

otto2 likes this.
  11. melhim
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2015

12. crazed
    Froyo Dec 30, 2015

crazed , Dec 30, 2015 :
    Is the Android System bugs still there even after you did the factory reset or?

13. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2015

jonmaund , Dec 30, 2015 :
    Yes, but I'm not really sure if it's a bug or not...
    pre-2.2.0 "screen" was usually my highest battery drainer, yet the phone seemed to last less time on battery.
    Now "Android System" is the highest, usually beating screen by 1 or 2% yet the battery seems to last longer (and be far more efficient during standby)

Either way I only seem to get about 4.5-5.5 hours of SoT out of a full charge

14. willy156
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2015

willy156 , Dec 30, 2015 :
    did you backup all your important stuff before factory reset? And to factory reset is all you need to do is go into Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data reset?

15. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2015

jonmaund , Dec 30, 2015 :
    Didn't really have anything "important" to back up - just re-downloaded a few apps. Contacts are held on google servers, as are my photos. Music is all spotify etc... In fact everything was on the cloud.

Yes you can do it that way or boot into the recovery menu (turn phone off then hold volume down + power until the phone turns on) by wiping cache and data... Should basically do the same thing.

16. sandeepnvp
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

sandeepnvp , Dec 30, 2015 :
    just did not update to 2.2.0 as i am happy with 2.1.2 with a issue of screenshot not working.

17. igor.filippov
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

igor.filippov , Dec 30, 2015 :
    I had some performance drops in couple apps, but I doubt it's because of software update. Overall, I don't see any new issues.

Adityaf likes this.
  18. 1960
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2015

1960 , Dec 30, 2015 :
    My experience & wishlist with oxygen2.2.0 till date:
    • Increase battery backup
    • Home button didn't always work for first time, I have to press twice
    • Volume slider sticks at one place sometimes
    • If possible, please add fast Charging
    • If possible, 240fps in slow-mo videos
    • Software video stabilization
    • Sometimes Wi-Fi doesn't connect to any network, after reboot it works fine
    • Color temperature didn't work
    I my case, I will agree to only first point of yours, rest all good.
    Camera is best with quality improved in 2.2.0

Adityaf likes this.
  19. vamshi prasad
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2016

vamshi prasad , Jan 3, 2016 :
    I also agree with 4th point

20. joenefloresca
    Froyo Jan 3, 2016

joenefloresca , Jan 3, 2016 :
    Hahahaha This is Hillarious. My sister has J7 and it is not bad but don't say it has a better camera than Oneplus Two. You clearly don't know what you are saying. Oneplus doesn't use Toshiba Sensor. It's an Omnivision Pure Cell Sensor dude. It is far far better than Toshiba. I have used J7 and the camera is better in Oneplus Two. Yes thr J7 has F1.9 and OP2 has F2.0 but don't forget that OP2 has a larger sensor in any 13mp camera and can get more light too. Get ur facts first.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016

zombie112 likes this.