one plus 2 charger burst into flames

1. saurabh_prasad
    Donut Nov 22, 2015

saurabh_prasad , Nov 22, 2015 :
    My recently bought one plus 2 phone's charger got burst while charging earlier it used to get too hot while charging when i complained about it on phone they said it is normal thing and no need to worry about it.

While I was charging my phone it exploded even though there was no issue with the power supply two more chargers of samsung and nokia were also connected to the same supply and nothing happened to them or any oter appliance connected at that time even nothing happened to the socket of the power supply.

When i called the customer care and explained every thing they asked me to bring the charger to service center and when i reached there they said it is physical damage which is not covered under warranty and denied to help in this matter.

I have two concerns here first is of the quality of the charger shipped with the phone in india and second is when i explained the situation to the customer support does not it occurred to that person it is a physical damage and it is not covered under warranty instead of telling me this straight away he asked me to come to service center ( regenresis in banglore ) by the way i even called to service center before visiting and explained the situation who also asked me to come to the service center and when i reached there they said its not covered under accidental warranty instead of saying this thing on phone.

By adding few bucks to the amount i spent on travelling to your service center (which could have completely avoided if you haven't shipped a faulty charger or had a good customer support person) i could have bought a decent charger. IMG_20151122_182819.jpg IMG_20151122_182819.jpg IMG_20151122_182802.jpg IMG_20151122_182752.jpg

Attached Files:

Papao, sunilbagalur, Toulouse and 3 others like this.
  2. djbestyboyz
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

sunilbagalur, Ceasedd and BRADn7 like this.
  3. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2015

4. pgidia
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2015

5. Chicano
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015

Akselsst, Yashbhan1994 and eye842 like this.
  6. techepet
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

techepet , Nov 22, 2015 :
    WTF This is serious someone could have really got hurt, oneplus should replay charger, and provide compensation as well if they don't get a lawyer.

What if the house went on fire and there were kids sleeping? What if they ended up dead?

This crap when it happens to the big players they immediately replace charger, phone and compensate for all damage. Expect no less and I don't care if it's a small company or not, they are in business and should act accordingly.

Small business is not the company that sell millions of phones, small its a company that makes home made pies and sell 300 a month.

7. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla , Nov 22, 2015 :
    if i could give this comment 1000likes, I'd. very well said mate!

8. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 22, 2015

Tokolozi , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Ah yes this is why apple wouldn't replace my dads charger after it pretty much did the same thing, nevermind their cables unraveling and showing bare wires sometimes....

9. Manas Eapen
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2015

10. abhishekgarg294
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2015

sunilbagalur likes this.
  11. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2015

Ian_P , Nov 22, 2015 :
    It's difficult to make a call either way in this case as you don't' detail anything about where it was plugged into and only show pictures of the adapter itself. If you look at the pictures it looks like a serious issue and could have actually been life threatening as a worst case should it have actually caused a fire.

Was in in an extension lead?
    Was the extension lead fused? 5A, 3A, 13A?
    If it was, where the other devices in the same extension lead?
    Is that lead still usable?

If it was plugged direct into the socket, was it a dual socket, is that damaged in any way?
    Did your consumer unit trip out?
    When you say other appliances where working fine, do you mean those in your home, or those connected to the same actual socket?

I am a little bit bemused about the comment regarding physical damage not being under warranty? why did they say this? was this as a result of the damage caused, or do they believe it was damaged before it burst into flames?

@Adam Krisko

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

12. eye842
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2015

eye842 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    This was advised on the news here 2 weeks ago.

This is a very serious matter for One Plus.

sunilbagalur likes this.
  13. ppod
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2015

ppod , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Ok it is bad and all but... everyone knows it is a Chinese company they are buying from, what kind of quality can you expect when they are penny pinching in every area of production to bring the phone in under a certain price point.

14. James Mathew
    Eclair Nov 22, 2015

James Mathew , Nov 22, 2015 :
    The charger used in OPO is manufactured by salcomp which is from Finland and is the world's largest manufacturer of phone chargers so I think you got ur facts wrong

15. shirsho.dbz
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015

shirsho.dbz , Nov 22, 2015 :
    This is bad. I hope they fix this issue soon. I haven't used mine yet. I am still charging it with my samsng charger. The real question here is that what actually is covered under the warranty and how good the service is?

16. clownfish44
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2015

clownfish44 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    As a happy member of the oneplus comunity I am deeply concerned. Oneplus should have just replaced it no questions asked if they did not want this posted. I am scared that my charger or phone will blow up.

avinash07v and sunilbagalur like this.
  17. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2015

sunilbagalur likes this.
  18. Yashbhan1994
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

Yashbhan1994 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Hmmnnn... I have just recently ordered a OP2 and reading these types of reports? Very much dissapointing.

OnePlus needs hard to work on his quality improvement!!!

19. James Mathew
    Eclair Nov 22, 2015

James Mathew , Nov 22, 2015 :
    [QUOTEmanner Yashbhan1994, post: 14086295, member: 782429"]Hmmnnn... I have just recently ordered a OP2 and reading these types of reports? Very much dissapointing.

OnePlus needs hard to work on his quality improvement!!![/QUOTE]
    Chill man I felt the same when I was waiting for the delivery of ma phone too but keep in mind that usually people who need help only posts here, there are many other ppl are quiet happy with their handset

20. dibyojyoti
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

dibyojyoti , Nov 22, 2015 :
    This business of outsourcing your service to this lowest quotation giving local players is doing more harm to mobile companies, i miss the good ol symbian days when nokia used to had direct payroll service centre people.