One Plus 2 Review - Is it worth???

1. rupeshsharmain
    Eclair Sep 20, 2015

rupeshsharmain , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Well I already have oneplus one with me which worked fantastically well. So when I received my invite for Oneplus Two I immediately ordered and received last Monday.
    My first Impression on look it looks similar to One plus one if you are carrying it and takes a while to know it is different. Couple of good things, extra bit of RAM, Better processor, Laser for Camera, Finger Print Censor but believe me this has not changed any thing which can make it different from OPO1. Actually It is the UI which could have made the difference but when you see Oxygen it seems that Cyanogen with clipped wings. Virtually no difference even ICONs are borrowed. There are limitations all over and seems very flat. Though there are screen gestures but certainly animations of screens are missing. Another missing item is you can not control volume of phone, speaker, alarms etc in one click of button as it used to be in OPO1. Camera again does not provide so many options as we have in OPO1.
    In all neither physical view does not make any difference nor user interface. So what it is all about. When world is transcending towards slimmer, lesser bulky, reduced weight phones, we have go a bulkier heavy phone as compared to other phones. more importantly it is very warm in normal usage as well as goes higher if you see any movie or play games. Screen does not create any difference than earlier one. What speed and RAM we have in OPO1 is quite enough than having over rated in OPO2 which does not make any difference.
    If you ask me my bubble of OPO2 is blown away and I still prefer OPO1 over OPO2. Would like to send OPO2 back.
    Meizu MX5 is certainly far better than OPO2 which has better UI, Camera, Display and ofcourse very snappy in speed. Wait for 64 GB Meizu or Meizu Pro 5 which will better phones than OPO2.

2. add1ct3dd
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

add1ct3dd , Sep 20, 2015 :
    For me - battery life sucks, the rest is awesome.

Oh, and I can't get OTG working, which is REALLY annoying.

chandcdr likes this.
  3. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Sep 20, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Try the original OP OTG and type C adapter, also don't forget to enable it at storage.

pa5t1s likes this.
  4. Jagaa
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2015

Jagaa , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Hi ramesh...my friend is OP fan got his OPT..I had hand..I feel..it's good hardware..but software seems updated way long...I do think OP team is working for a major update for OPT with Android marshmallow. ..Hope it will very soon within few weeks..So all issues must attend ed by this update...looking for my invite now.

chandcdr likes this.
  5. bie1305
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

6. chandcdr
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

chandcdr , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Not a good sign

7. chandcdr
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

chandcdr , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Hope they will provide big fixes soon

Jagaa likes this.
  8. Jagaa
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2015

Jagaa , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Ya...chandru...I chated with one of staff of OP...they r aware of the problem we r facing...n...they know it's all about software. ..they r very confident abt thr hareware combination. .somewhat a smartphone is part our life...

9. pierrelf
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2015

pierrelf , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Never thought of that

pa5t1s and Tokolozi like this.
  10. thewhitewater
    Eclair Sep 20, 2015

thewhitewater , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I have updated my phone from opo to samsung note 4 and now I have got oneplus two for last few days. First I didnt know I had to replace my sim card. it was quite annoying wait for new sim card to arrive then approximately 4 hours without signals to active the sim card.

Finally phone is just a brother to opo with very little difference but I love finger print sensor but there are few step back.

There is no double knock sleep function anymore

Battery drains a lot quicker

Less customization

No fast charging (Quite annoying specially when I want to spend evening with frieinds and I can do fast charging during my short stay at home.)

Guys who already got opo should wait for oneplus three instead.

Overall i like the speed and quick opening of phone with finger print sensor.

pa5t1s likes this.
  11. urxz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2015

12. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Sep 20, 2015

pa5t1s , Sep 20, 2015 :
    ^^ the only working solution for me too..

Tokolozi likes this.
  13. sudhakarak
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2015

14. sudhakarak
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2015

sudhakarak , Sep 20, 2015 :
    yeah you're right
    OPO-OP1
    OPT-OP2

15. turqu0isemoon
    Eclair Sep 20, 2015

turqu0isemoon , Sep 20, 2015 :
    As a OPO owner the two hardly feels like an upgrade. I've been using both phones and most of the time I have a hard time figuring out which is which. So far, the screen is not as vibrant as the One(colors look washed out) and the speaker has no bass(OPO1 speakers are better and a bit louder). I need to further test the Camera but so far, I am not impressed.