One Plus 3 Screen Coming Off

1. RichaArora Donut Jan 10, 2018

RichaArora, Jan 10, 2018 :
    Hello, I own a One Plus 3 which I bought in July 2016. While it has worked fine so far, I just happened to notice how the screen of the phone has began coming off (it's kinda weird, hasn't happened with any other smartphone that I've owned so far) It's almost as if the screen is peeling off. While I will visit the service center, I can only do so over the weekend and will be using my phone as I have a day job. Is there anything immediate that I need to do/should take care of (probably just switch it off until I get it fixed?) Please let me know! Also, this just crazy. Has this happened with other One Plus 3 users?

2. meatandy Oreo Jan 10, 2018

meatandy, Jan 10, 2018 :
    No way!!!! Can you upload a picture of this?

3. RichaArora Donut Jan 10, 2018

Rohan ghadge likes this.
  4. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 10, 2018

syamkg12345 and MikeG247 like this.
  5. meatandy Oreo Jan 10, 2018

Rohan ghadge likes this.
  6. RichaArora Donut Jan 11, 2018

RichaArora, Jan 11, 2018 :
    Yes, the service guy said the glue holding the screen together has come off, due to some reason.

meatandy likes this.
  7. RichaArora Donut Jan 11, 2018

RichaArora, Jan 11, 2018 :
    The scratches are older. This is a recent malfunction. Also, the phone is pictured with the case on.

Rohan ghadge and meatandy like this.
  8. Sachin kharb Froyo Jan 14, 2018

Sachin kharb, Jan 14, 2018 :
    Its not a big issue go to service center they will glue it... Don't go to after market shops.. As there is special kind of adhesive used to glue screen.. Otherwise there may be spots on your screen

9. abhinavhuria Donut Feb 26, 2018

abhinavhuria, Feb 26, 2018 :
    It happened with me. What about you? Did you got it repaired? If yes then for how much?

10. syamkg12345 Honeycomb Feb 26, 2018

syamkg12345, Feb 26, 2018 :
    I too have similar issue with OP3. I'm using a case to hold it in place. Jus gluing will fix it ?

11. shafiaszad Donut Feb 26, 2018

12. sakearzoo Honeycomb Feb 26, 2018

Demon_Child84 likes this.
  13. Demon_Child84 Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

Demon_Child84, Feb 27, 2018 :
    My temporary fix will be putting heavy duty clear tape along the edges of the phone to prevent more peeling of the screen. Until I would have time to bring it to a professional that would be able to fix it

If you do not use OnePlus Services go to any place that repairs screens and ask for a quote on how much it would cost to fix it before you pay. some are generous and just might do a quickie for $10 if no Hardware had to be replaced.

14. RichaArora Donut Feb 27, 2018

RichaArora, Feb 27, 2018 :
    Hey, please get it fixed from the service center, else your entire display can conk off. So what I was told is that the glue came off because of heat. My phone began heating up massively after updating to Oreo. He further advised me to do a factory reset and observe if the phone continues heating up. Let's see what happens.

Praty_28 likes this.
  15. RichaArora Donut Feb 27, 2018

Hey, please get it fixed from the service center, else your entire display can conk off. So what I was told is that the glue came off because of heat. My phone began heating up massively after updating to Oreo. He further advised me to do a factory reset and observe if the phone continues heating up. Let's see what happens. Case won't help.

16. RichaArora Donut Feb 27, 2018

I got it fixed. :) However, there is a chance it might recur if the phone continues to heat up

samaltx likes this.
  17. RichaArora Donut Feb 27, 2018

Get it glued from the service center. So what I was told is that the glue came off because of heat. My phone began heating up massively after updating to Oreo. He further advised me to do a factory reset and observe if the phone continues heating up. (The screen might come off again if the heating persists) Let's see what happens.

X1534515531358 likes this.
  18. vinayak172 Froyo Mar 1, 2018

vinayak172, Mar 1, 2018 :
    Happened with mine too.. I delayed my visit to service center until i started noticing that the top part of the screen i.e. the notification bar area was not responding to my touches. And when I visited the service center, they showed me that the touch panel was damaged by opening TouchScreen Test option (dial *#808# > Touchscreen>Handwriting). I was lucky as it was under warranty and got it replaced free of cost. Visit the service center ASAP!

19. senthilvelu82 Cupcake Mar 19, 2018

senthilvelu82, Mar 19, 2018 :
    I too noticed this problem today, that my display is coming off on the right corner
    Never dropped the phone, it is covered by tempered glass and cover
    I am using my One plus 3 for more than 18 months, it is not covered under warranty, no issues with touch or display so far.
    Spoke with One plus service store representative he informed that the entire display needs to be changed

Starcommander likes this.
  20. shafiaszad Donut Mar 24, 2018

shafiaszad, Mar 24, 2018 :
    They are joking. It must be a easy fix, like putting some glue.

samaltx likes this.