One plus 3T - freezing

1. invy
    Eclair Jul 9, 2017

invy , Jul 9, 2017 :
    Hey all, I am finding myself with some strange issues when it comes to my OP 3T . It so happens that sometimes after the phone has been locked and just sitting there, when i pick it up and try to unlock it, the same way I always do, fingerprint, it does not process the action.
    At first I was, ok, the print reader must be dirty or my finger is, so I tried to unlock it using my pattern. But when I press the power button and the screen turns on, i can't swipe or do anything, just wait....for like 2-3 minutes for the phone to start processing my requests.
    I want to know if it's a bug from the new android, cuz I've been having this issues from july 20th, or somewhere over at the end of June.
    Or maybe is there something wrong with mine. :(

Just as a particular mention, I do have a friend that has the same phone purchased at around the same time. his screen is shattered and does not have the same issues I do.

Please help.

Cosima

dbninja and G_Zohair_Pasha_krae like this.
  2. mikaelbrixen
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

mikaelbrixen , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Hi, I'm actually experiencing the exact same symptoms on my 3T phone. My wife has same phone, and also experience this issue.
    We are running stock version 7.1.1, and this issue started to occur 2-3 weeks ago on both of our phones, so I suspect this is related to the latest upgrade.

Our experience is sometimes phone cannot unlock - either with fingerprint, or by swiping the screen. Even pressing the power button does not always activate the screen. You just have to wait 1-2 min, then everything is working again.
    Seems like a background process i hanging, causing the phone to freeze up.

Very frustrating.

Just a hint, sometimes enabling the camera (double clicking on the power button) "activates" the phone camera app - after camera is activated, you can close the camera app, and the phone is unlocked. But this does not always work.

Anyone else with similar issues, or perhaps a fix?

invy likes this.
  3. invy
    Eclair Jul 14, 2017

invy , Jul 14, 2017 :
    same for me for the camera part. only thing is most of the times now, the camera goes black and it does not go through either.

4. G_Douglas_Ullmann_gCpx
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

5. Vannigg
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

Vannigg , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Hello,
    I have exactly the same issue!
    it started around 1 week ago.
    very frustrating!
    I have a 3T with 128GB, more than 100GB are free so for sure it's not a memory issue.

6. G_Zohair_Pasha_krae
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

G_Zohair_Pasha_krae , Jul 14, 2017 :
    hey guys,

I have been facing the same issue with my 3T, just got done with factory resetting my phone. hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    But if it's a bug issue it will.

tip: clearing your cache helps for a few days.
    I had to reset my phone, as it was frustrating and coming in my way of work.

7. mohsajjad23
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

mohsajjad23 , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Even I faced the same issue once, but the worst part is we can't do much. Wait for it to get back to normal. Unlike Samsung phones, where we could take the battery out.

8. domingoO3
    Donut Jul 14, 2017

9. F_Janjeet_Sehraya_efCr
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

10. G_Vinoth_P_vGxn
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

G_Zohair_Pasha_krae likes this.
  11. dbninja
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

dbninja , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I think the Oneplus 5 phones are having the same issue. I'm having the same issue with the 3T with the latest OTA update. Cache clearing only seems to help for a a half day to a day, then the problem reoccurs.

G_Zohair_Pasha_krae likes this.
  12. 8097799363
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

13. G_saviordream_Mrmg
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

G_saviordream_Mrmg , Jul 14, 2017 :
    I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks now. Also, sometimes the phone just reboots on its own. The phone is stock, and seeing that others are having the issue makes me agree with others that it's probably a software issue. Really hope it gets fixed soon.