One Plus 5 canada tax?

1. SpyCracker
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2017

SpyCracker , Aug 10, 2017 :
    So I was about the buy one plus 5 with the protection package and it comes up to 834 CAD which i am fine with it. Then after i enter my shipping address it adds a 125$ tax on it and it becomes 950$ + the live chat tells me i might get charged for customs fee which is another 60-70$???, only 40$ difference with the S8 with the current discounts the S8 have.

I dont get it, as soon as i make my shipping address US the tax disappears.

Completely changed my mind on this purchase and looking for other phones now. Because i thought this phone was a better and cheaper product than S8

Just fyi to people who are willing to order it to Canada.

minlow likes this.
  2. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 11, 2017

drmartin , Aug 11, 2017 :
    The taxes you see are the prepaid customs fees and taxes for import into Canada. Americans pay no tax on the phone. The live chat rep was probably wrong when (s)he said you would pay customs fees on top of things. There have been incidents where people were asked to pay customs fees, but that was the shipper screwing things up, and they didn't have to pay in the end.

I'll escalate the chat you had, do you have a copy of it you can PM me?

3. SpyCracker
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2017

SpyCracker , Aug 11, 2017 :
    I don't have the chat saved and he said on the chat i might pay cause he wasn't sure either i think, but the problem is with your algorithm.

Because when i remove the protection package the customs fees and taxes drops down by 40$.

How is it possible that i am paying an import fee or a customs tax for something that is not a physical product? It is a digital promise. I bought tons of license keys, extended warranties and such in the past and never payed a tax/import fee/customs fee on them which is the right way.

Customs can only take tax on physical products
    What your system does is it charges me tax for the warranty illegally.

4. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 11, 2017

drmartin , Aug 11, 2017 :
    pretty sure that's because they have to add in the cost for protection of shipping to and from Canada if anything goes wrong.

this is just a guess. if you're actually interested I can dig into for you?

5. ffqrzZz
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2017

6. M1586944864150
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2020

M1586944864150 , Apr 15, 2020 :

how was the issue resolved??