ONE PLUS 5 LAGS AFTER 9.0

1. miskobartanus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2018

miskobartanus , Dec 30, 2018 :
    The worst part is, that what you both are saying, makes sense. And again, I always clear cache before and after update, and ever since OOS 4.5.7, which was in the OP5 when I got it, I never had any issue with it. No errors, no lags, nothing.

2. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

anupritaisno1 , Dec 30, 2018 :
    I have written articles over and over and over again

However people just want the solution presented to them on a platter without understanding why it works

The solution: charge your phone overnight and never wipe caches sounds like superstition

On the other hand, people hate when I give them a technical explanation

Also I have tried solution + explanation but people will skim through what I wrote and will only read the explanation and be discouraged

So I have to first tell them that they are wrong and after that I have to gradually introduce them to the answer

These links will not open if you're using the community app, use a browser instead
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/closed-battery-performance.911024/#post-19181266
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/request-to-bring-a-update.974731/#post-19736894

RavageDead likes this.
  3. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

Never clear your cache after an update

It is a myth
    When you boot the first time after a system update/cache wipe, the phone analyses which parts of the apps and system are slow to compile directly on the CPU

So it writes out a profile and on the second boot, android picks up this profile and preoptimises those methods, causing that second boot to take longer

If you wipe caches, you are basically forcing the system to redo this

Myth: after a system update, old cache is redundant andust be thrown away
    Fact: android compares the old cache against the boot.art in /system and if it doesn't match, the entire cache is discarded so manually doing it is no different

Sam Nakamura and RavageDead like this.
  4. Athian1991
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

Athian1991 , Dec 30, 2018 :
    Who are you man? Are you scientists? Why should I read your articles? In previous i had some issue after upgrading higher version. Then oneplus support team suggested me to do something. The same i suggest to that bro. If you are thinking you are genuines and just keep with your company. Don't do such a things. Just stop.

Budruel and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  5. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 30, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Dec 30, 2018 :
    You never answered my question. How is charging overnight a solution to stopping lags?

Athian1991 likes this.
  6. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

Please read

RavageDead likes this.
  7. miskobartanus

Thank you, that was a very nicely put answer. It makes sense, I will give you that. But is it possible, that Google somehow didn't have the cache partition figured out before in older Android versions? Because there is a ton of people here on the forum, that had issues and wiping the cache manually helped them fix those issues. So they had to manually do, what Google didn't.

RavageDead likes this.
  8. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 30, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Dec 30, 2018 :
    Charging overnight is not a solution to stopping lags.

9. Athian1991
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

Ha ha very funny with you. Again I'm asking who are you man? Are you a genius? Are you scientists or something bigger than that? Just close your stupid things

10. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

I have also busted the cache partition

The cache partition is useless while booted to android and selinux blocks android from writing to /cache or even knowing that the cache partition is present

The cache partition is used only when booted to recovery, incremental OTAs will copy a block of the partition the script is patching, compute the patch on /cache and copy it back to the partition being patched

The reason for doing so is that the cache partition can store the overall progress of the update so by using it if a user interrupts a system upgrade, the bootloader will read the misc partition, boot recovery and recovery will read misc

The recovery will then read the contents of /cache and reverse the system update in case something goes wrong

The cache partition doesn't even store the OTA, the OTA is stored on data. Uncrypt is used to decrypt the blocks of data containing the OTA/if using file based encryption the encryption policy is modified to allow the recovery to read the OTA

Since the cache partition is not encrypted, storing anything here is serious information disclosure and while booted it serves no purpose.... It's just there

A/B partition scheme did not require such a failure recovery mechanism and the cache partition was dropped

The cache partition is always empty. There is nothing to wipe

Auxqii likes this.
  11. Athian1991
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

Wat didn't you said? "You're forgetting that I have read a huge part of the android source and I know about how it works" ne padicha enna padikkalana enakenna da loosu (That's not my job and and i don't to know stupid like you)

12. Premkumar.G
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

Premkumar.G , Dec 30, 2018 :
    no I didn't. but it's pain to restore everything after factory reset. let me try

13. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

It is

Did you read the articles in the links?

14. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

Sorry, then don't argue with someone whose job is to develop android ROMs everyday

That's like telling an architect you can design a building better than him. We all know that you won't even be able to open the computer program needed to draw the blueprint

15. miskobartanus

Whoah, thank you. That clarified a lot to me and it makes perfect sense. But the why there is so many users having issues on OOS and some of the users have no issues at all? Like me for instance?

16. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

Do not do it

You will lose data and that's all that will happen

RavageDead likes this.
  17. Athian1991
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

Are you mad? If you are good in your are then I'll be king of my business. My job is not design a building and we all know you are such a stupid and i think you just escaped from mental hospital. I don't like to fight with stupid.

18. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Dec 30, 2018

If you're the king of your business don't argue on a topic you have no knowledge about?

Auxqii and RavageDead like this.
  19. Athian1991
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

You develop whatever you want. Don't try to post your daily activities and don't try to prove you are genuines. People know who are all read the post that you are such a stupid.

20. G_Aseem_Bathla_uloI
    Froyo Dec 30, 2018

G_Aseem_Bathla_uloI , Dec 30, 2018 :
    can you really stop replying? you're just embarrassing yourself.

RavageDead likes this.