One Plus 5 v/s Google Pixel 2

1. G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh
    Eclair Oct 4, 2017

2. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2017

3. VictorJack
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2017

VictorJack , Oct 4, 2017 :
    No doubt Google Pixel is very premium in terms of both customer service and other things. But the price range what matters lot now. So in this price range there is no phone who can beat op5. Rest choice is urs..

4. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2017

[GG] , Oct 4, 2017 :
    What makes you say the OP5 is water resistant?
    When i say 2 models i mean 2 different phones..Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL , not just different capacities. Even though i am not interested in the Pixel , imo, it is clearly the superior device.

5. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 4, 2017

Its.Leandroo , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Water resistance means it can survive rain, a puddle of water, And it is tested that the OnePlus 5 can actually survive a decent time under water.

And the XL version is not different except the size and 1 color option less.. Personally I dont need a 6" phone. 5.5" is big enough. But that's just me.

ut2000 likes this.
  6. ut2000
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2017

ut2000 , Oct 4, 2017 :

The 5.5 size seems just right for a phone, but I'm not getting that ugly as hell Pixel 2.

Its.Leandroo likes this.
  7. Its.Leandroo

Agreed. 3T/5 are the best phones for your bucks. Even though the 3T is not on sale anymore at oneplus.net

ut2000 likes this.
  8. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2017

waldwolf , Oct 4, 2017 :
    I believe your referring to "Security Notifications", not the actual software patches themselves, which Google must approve.
    Recently, many Galaxy owners were complaining they had to wait over 3 months for some security patches. Same with some OP3/3T and OP5 owners.

Google have often withheld a new AndroidOS release to OEM's, due necessity to include new security patche(s).

9. ut2000
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2017

ut2000 , Oct 4, 2017 :
    There's also the LG V30. It looks very nice and looks to have a great camera too. For a few hundred dollars more (if you're considering the OnePlus 5) you get better images, dust and water resistance, but you also get the LG Android OS Skin.

TheSpoken likes this.
  10. Android-Andi
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2017

Android-Andi , Oct 4, 2017 :
    manufacturer get a zip including all patches every month. even 4.4 is included in mentioned zip ;) where I know from? I got had to apply those in the past myself monthly on an existing Android source.

11. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2017

[GG] , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Maybe some videos show it can survive but for me no IP certification means don't go near water. My phone is IP68 and i don't go anywhere near water with it.. that's just me though.

Screen size is personal preference so i get that 5.5 is your sweet spot, can't argue with you there. Its just that the bezeless phones these days give you more screen for almost the same overall size so im all for that. I just checked for the Pixel XL 128gb and if i wanted that phone, it would cost me $1289 Canadian before taxes. Phone prices are getting crazy.

Its.Leandroo likes this.
  12. Its.Leandroo

Yeah I dont't likr the design of that either, and to be honest... OnePlus is currently the best one with Oxygen OS.

13. ageorgiou

ageorgiou , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Seriously guys a phone is a phone. Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8, i phone 8 , i phone X , LG G6 now the Pixel 2 . The manufacturers are running out of ideas phones are becoming boring . Soon our phones will be more powerful than our laptops. Wait the oneplus 5 has more ram than most laptops .

Its.Leandroo likes this.
  14. Its.Leandroo

Its getting more expensive than a decent game-pc XD. And bezelless meens often that the phone is weaker. that's just me though

[GG] likes this.
  15. luis_ltl
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2017

luis_ltl , Oct 4, 2017 :
    It is, but I am confident with the oneplus 5; Pixel 2 XL is another story...

16. ChrisG_0513
    Donut Oct 4, 2017

ChrisG_0513 , Oct 4, 2017 :
    The Google Pixel 2XL looks fantastic, except for the price point... why are these devices getting so expensive!? I'm still in love with my OnePlus 5 though :)

waldwolf likes this.
  17. IG007PL
    Donut Oct 4, 2017

IG007PL , Oct 4, 2017 :
    Watched the whole keynote and the phone looks great but being almost half a year later after the OP5 (which I do own since day 1) it seems like a premium version for a premium price. Processor is the same but it has less ram and 128gb is very expensive for the XL which has similar dimensions to op5. The camera tech looks amazing and stereo speaker are always a good idea. You could argue that stock Android isn't as good as OxygenOS but you do get updates faster. I like the original, standing out design compared to the iPhone copy on op5. So if you wanna pay a big premium for some generally cool tech and more finicky features like squeezing bezels and being limited to one port be my guest. I'll stick to the 5.

18. waldwolf

waldwolf , Oct 4, 2017 :
    I'm of the opinion, with Google promising a minimum of 3 years OS future updates, we may be seeing the adoption of Apple's practice of writing software usable by older model smartphones. For example, the iPhone 5S (2013) owner will be able to install IOS-11, which will soon power the new iPhone 9's and iPhoneX.

While the iPhone5S owner may not be able to use all the software's features, it certainly slows an owners phone from becoming obsolete.

19. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2017

malidan , Oct 4, 2017 :
    I didn't say anything, you said: the OP5 has
    Faster speed - Unknown
    Same specs - No
    more ram - Yes but the OS can't utilise the extra.
    Better battery - Unknown
    Costs half the price?
    £629- £799 in the UK for the Pixel 2
    £449 - £499 the OP5
    I'm not seeing half the price anywhere.;)

waldwolf, TheSpoken and ilovesoneplus like this.
  20. G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh
    Eclair Oct 4, 2017