One Plus 5 v/s Google Pixel 2

1. kevllar
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2017

kevllar , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Two words. Forehead + Chin. Both are gone with Pixel 2 XL.

6 inch screen in relatively same form factor as OnePlus 5.

2. Jeet77
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

Jeet77 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    The total amount of RAM doesnt play a role in the speed of the phone, when it is beyond a specific amount, say 3-4 gb. This is because none of the applications require such a huhe amount of RAM to run. We all know about Apple that it previously had only 1 gb ram, still was the fastest phone in the market.

The only upside of having a 8gb RAM in OP5 is that it can MULTITASK WAY BETTER than a 4gb ram phone, provided the processes are managed similarly in both phones.

So, the speed of the phone depends on 1. processor speed 2. memory management 3. how much bloat it is already running 4. software and hardware tweaks

waldwolf likes this.
  3. Jeet77
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

Jeet77 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Buy from Amazon. In India, OP3T is available for 24k INR through festive season deals.

4. nickpetris
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

nickpetris , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I don't see a point in this comparison, since why are talking about a phone two times the price of op5. What's the point of comparing two phones with such a vast price difference. Both of them adress totally different financial target groups. So realistically it's one in its price range is fine, considering that people that could afford op5 can't afford a pixel.

Jeet77 likes this.
  5. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2017

johnhart , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I don't mean to offend anyone who drives a newer Honda but I have to share. (If you just bought one go read another post.)

Okay. My first car was a Honda Civic mid-80s. Back then Hondas were 'stylish bland'. Plain but nailed it somehow. As the decades passed and Hondas got more typical (in America) they simply became 'bland'. They remind me of old Fords. Recently Honda has tried to dress them up with sporty accents. And I realized they were 'sporty bland'. Those two things don't work together. It's like a vigorous nap.

Pixel 2 is sporty bland.

6. johnhart

johnhart , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I abandoned Apple because of this bald lie. Please DOG don't repeat it.

Extra RAM in any computer helps deal with OS bloat and multitasking. Dealing with both doesn't make a phone faster. What it does prevent is the phone from slowing down. Which is a form of being faster.

When I had my iPhone 6 -- that 1GB of RAM worked okay for the first year until a major iOS update came out. The second year? Sludge. Crap. I had no idea the shiece of pit phone only had 1GB of RAM and so I did all types of suggested fixes. And none worked. Why? 1GB of RAM.

Pixel 2 promises 3 years of update. So guess what I did? I looked up how much RAM it offers. 4GBs. Why did I look? Because Pixel wants what Apple wants: a phone that mysteriously encourages and upgrade halfway thru its intended cycle. You don't think Android at that point might require all 4GBS to function? I bet you an iPhone 6 it will.

My OP3 right now has drifts between 3-4 GBs all day. And I'm not a gamer. And I'm not running Oreo. Or an OS three frickin years from now.

So why didn't Google throw in 6GBs? They have more buying power than OnePlus. I see cheap @$$ phones at GearBest with 6GBs.

Planned obsolescence.

KeremK and laurboss like this.
  7. Jeet77
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

Jeet77 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Wow, interesting comparison! You really built us up to it.

8. Jeet77
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

Jeet77 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Yeah, I understand and support your viewpoint. One main reason why premium brands dnt put too much ram in their phones is because they want you to keep upgrading your phone eventually (say every 3 years max).

And that is the very reason why I bought an OP5 cuz the obscene amount of RAM would at least put up with all the recent games, apps, etc for more than 3-4 years down the line.

johnhart likes this.
  9. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 5, 2017

Its.Leandroo , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I already bought the OP5. But on amazon it doesnt ship to NL. At least OnePlus phones do not

10. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Oct 5, 2017

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Tried to look dope ;):p

11. indrajit4
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

indrajit4 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    it's over 9000 !!!!

12. Gav_B
    Froyo Oct 5, 2017

Gav_B , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I have to say that I think the Pixel 2 XL will be my next phone.

13. Raj_Kanabar08
    Eclair Oct 5, 2017

Raj_Kanabar08 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    well this is an unfair comparison if you consider the price range, coz OP5 is way more cheaper than pixel.
    Of course pixel has many better features like screen, camera and all but if OP5 would have been the same price as pixel, then probably OP5 would also have same kind of high end features.
    So why not try comparing OP5 with a phone which falls under the same price range ( like Mi ) ?

14. G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj , Oct 5, 2017 :
    having said that the phones look ugly.. I really like the white - black pixel 2 xl..panda Colors and that neon power button.
    that particular piece is growing on me.

and obviously the software and cameras are gonna be awesome from the initial impressions.

waldwolf likes this.
  15. G_Hugh_Bird_rGfs
    Froyo Oct 5, 2017

G_Hugh_Bird_rGfs , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I am always accidentally covering my OP5 speaker too, very annoying.

The first Pixel XL is (still) considered to be the smoothest Android phone out there no doubt the Pixel 2 XL will raise the bar.

I don't like how expensive phones are getting and I think Google are being greedy with their pricing.

Although most people in the know say 4GB of RAM is currently enough for Android I would have liked Google to go a bit overboard (future proofing), 6GB or hey, even 8GB and they should have matched Apple with their top storage tier (256 as supposed to 128GB).

16. Mukund760
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

Mukund760 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    nah man just try google pixel in real life you will feel the difference

17. KeremK
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2017

KeremK , Oct 5, 2017 :
    The Pixel 2 XL is a really interesting device - but too expensive for what it is imo. Would've gone for the Pixel 2 with the 5" screen - but not bezelless screen and Google still wants 800 euros for that thing with 64GB storage? Nah thanks. I would prefer a Pixel 2 XL over my Oneplus 5 anyday - but where does it justify 500 euro additional charge? The camera may be better, the speakers are better, 3 years of updates (The OP2 still get's updates from the community over at XDA) and that's pretty much it. I mean, 140 euros for an upgrade from 64 to 128GB? That's Apple-niveau right there. Had a Nexus 5X before my Oneplus 5 cuz of Stock-Android. If my Oneplus 5 will get atleast 3 major updates, then i'm happy. Altough i don't even trust Oneplus haha, atleast the OP5 has a big dev-community.

18. МаксимM
    Froyo Oct 5, 2017

19. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

cssrc1974 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    op5 at it's price is better. don't compare two products which has price difference so huge it does not make healthy comparison.

20. Rock Rishabh
    Donut Oct 5, 2017

Rock Rishabh , Oct 5, 2017 :
    According to me only an IP certification is more needed to one plus rest all the things are outstanding according to price .
    people who are agree with me like it