One Plus 5 v/s Google Pixel 2

1. MrHari_theCarguy
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

MrHari_theCarguy , Oct 5, 2017 :
    37k for OP5 vs 61k for pixel with less hardware,i dont want the greatest camera in my phone,but sorry people obviously i am with OnePlus

2. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2017

jaivaghela , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I love the OnePlus 5 and it's been great to me but I'm super tempted to give the Pixel 2 XL a shot, especially with that camera and nicer screen. Ordering mine soon.... Still love OnePlus but as a tech guy I really want that Pixel 2 XL :D

3. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 5, 2017

Radeon962 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    I've been here long enough and have actually owned every OnePlus device that has been released so I think I do know a thing or two about what OnePlus has to offer as a whole as compared to the Nexus/Pixel line.

If that makes me "stupid" then I'll gladly wear that tag.

OnePlus One is the standard bearer that OnePlus is still trying to measure up to. It was a true flagship phone for 1/2 the price.

OnePlus 5 is indeed a great phone for the price but not in the same class as the Pixel.

That's why Android is great. There are choices for everyone. If your decision is based primarily on price, OnePlus 5 is a great choice.

If things like camera, first to get updates, customer service, etc. then I find that phones like the original Pixel XL, Pixel XL 2 or even the iPhone offer more for the money.

Price does not factor into my decision to a great degree as I use my phone for work and personal use so I just go with what provides me with the best experience.

Other than the OnePlus One, it has been the iPhone or Nexus/Pixel phones that have provided the best experience for me and how I use my phone.

4. Deatham

Deatham , Oct 5, 2017 :
    within a few months, we'll get most of the pixel 2 features in our oneplus phones,
    as far as hardware is concerned, it's mostly similar.
    pixel 2 has a slight advantage of better camera performance but that is also mostly software based and can be ported to OP5, like the hdr+ and other features.

5. Deatham

Deatham , Oct 5, 2017 :
    hdr+ , photosphere, lens blur already work on the modified google camera app that runs on OP3, 3T

6. Kamal Hans

Kamal Hans , Oct 5, 2017 :
    If it's priced @ 649$ x Rs 65, I would buy it over OP5.
    Its a great phone & scores over OP5 in every way.

7. G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh
    Eclair Oct 5, 2017

G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh , Oct 5, 2017 :
    They will have the same performance period.

8. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 5, 2017

Glad you are able to come to that conclusion without using the phone.

[GG] likes this.
  9. G_Brandon_Ramnarinesingh
    Eclair Oct 5, 2017

Radeon962 likes this.
  10. saitejavarma22
    Froyo Oct 5, 2017

saitejavarma22 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Camera? Is that sure?? I guess only screen is btr

11. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 5, 2017

12. vkav98
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2017

vkav98 , Oct 5, 2017 :
    same processor but better screen on XL (QHD) and lesser ram on pixel so performance wise OnePlus 5 , body wise OnePlus 5 because the screen and bezel feels weird on XL, camera wise XL not saying OnePlus 5 has a bad cam but XL has a better one in the view of camera software and stabilization. I don't know I like both of them though .

13. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Oct 5, 2017

[GG] , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Obviously we have to wait a little for camera reviews on the Pixel 2 but i have no doubt it will be better than the OP5. You probably know that too but the only difference is that since you most likely own a Oneplus device, you won't admit it.

14. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 5, 2017

If you put any stock in DXO Mark then yes the Pixel 2 camera is better than OnePlus 5.

Pixel 2 - DXO Mark - 98
    https://www.dxomark.com/google-pixel-2-reviewed-sets-new-record-smartphone-camera-quality/

OnePlus 5 - DXO Mark - 87
    https://www.dxomark.com/oneplus-5-review-a-serious-shooter/

Guess OnePlus is still optimizing the OnePlus 5 camera...

OnePlus made a big deal that they were partnering with DXO Mark prior to the OnePlus 5 release:

We’re happy to announce that we have teamed up with DxO to enhance your photography experience with our upcoming flagship, the OnePlus 5. DxO is perhaps most well-known for creating the defining photography benchmark, the DxOMark. They’ve got years of imaging experience and expertise, both for professional cameras and for smartphones.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/smartphone-photography-made-better-by-oneplus-and-dxo.537534/

15. pkair
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2017

pkair , Oct 5, 2017 :
    DXO marked Pixel 2 camera at 98 which is the best camera phone rating so far but 949$ for 4gb RAM, 128gb storage....no thanks but thanks no. My OP3T 6gb RAM and 128gb storage for 500$ less worth every penny. Yeah camera may not be as good as Pixel's and no water resistance but I can live with that. However I do like the Panda (black and white) look of Pixel 2 XL. Just not worth the money for now.

16. slyverin_d
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2017

slyverin_d , Oct 5, 2017 :
    OP5 is OP5 and Pixel 2 is Pixel 2. they both are the king of their own category. P2 is based more on AI and Google assistance where as all these are not there in OP5. if you have more money at disposal I'll suggest you to go ahead with P2

waldwolf and jaivaghela like this.
  17. waldwolf

waldwolf , Oct 5, 2017 :
    Keep working on it. Just keep telling yourself ".....it's only money".
    And don't forget, Google is promising 3 annual OS updates "at a minimum".
    So you'd get all the new Android releases (P, Q, R, ?, ?) before any other make.:D

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj and malidan like this.
  18. malidan
    Marshmallow Oct 5, 2017

malidan , Oct 5, 2017 :
    And life is so meaningful that you needed to post non factual rubbish ;).
    There seem to be a lot of closet iPhone fans on this forum.:D

19. waldwolf

waldwolf , Oct 5, 2017 :
    (1) For your sake, I hope your right, but I very much doubt it.
    (2) How can you compare a camera with OIS (Pixel) to a camera with EIS (OP5) ?
    Sorry but your dead wrong on this point. EIS is a "poor mans" OIS. No comparison.

Lets meet back here in June of 2018 and compare specs & pics. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

20. waldwolf

waldwolf , Oct 5, 2017 :
    It's hard to admit, a project one worked on, didn't miraculously defy the rule of physics, and create a great breakthrough.

IMHO OnePlus (obviously to save money & time) decision to go with EIS instead of OIS on their camera(s) was a mistake.

If DXO signed off on that decision, well.........they have obviously lost a lot of industry respect.

Radeon962 likes this.