One Plus 5 v/s Google Pixel 2

1. Deactivated User
    Oct 6, 2017

sfomin likes this.
  2. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 6, 2017

sfomin , Oct 6, 2017 :
    what if i tell you that the note 8 cost me less than op5?
    and i already have a custom pc

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 6, 2017

stephenboyo , Oct 6, 2017 :
    Most top end phones have 4gb of ram. So your dismissal of the Pixel2 doesn't make sense on that basis. 6gb is overkill and uneccessary unless you're using a phone like the Note 8 which is a powerhouse. The OP5's 6/8gb is just a marketing gimmick mainly because that doesn't have anything special to set it apart from other cheap China junk phones.

4. kratozzumar
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2017

5. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Oct 7, 2017

[GG] , Oct 7, 2017 :
    How can it nail it down?

6. kratozzumar
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2017

kratozzumar , Oct 8, 2017 :
    Its all in the Software,you can use Pixel Camera App(install through APK and test the Camera App)

7. jugal_15
    Eclair Oct 8, 2017

jugal_15 , Oct 8, 2017 :
    Pixel has only Better screen and low light performance.
    Still op5 is a like concrete in front hard to beat. [e]1f44a[/e]

8. isukroman
    Eclair Oct 8, 2017

isukroman , Oct 8, 2017 :
    What's going on with the OnePlus 5? They're completely sold out. Are they working on 5t?

Sorry I'm off topic

9. G_Julah_Mayfield_cNHx
    Eclair Oct 8, 2017

G_Julah_Mayfield_cNHx , Oct 8, 2017 :
    OnePlus 5 is better choice if you are not into design, performance, good camera.
    Google Pixel 2 is a good choice if you are in to good design, direct support from google, best camera of the year and more important you can afford the price.

10. sommersy
    KitKat Oct 8, 2017

sommersy , Oct 8, 2017 :
    Have you noticed it (and the Pixel 2XL) has the same 2.5D glass as the oneplus 3/3t? Back then, people complained that it made the bezel look huge, but now it's on the about 2x-priced Google phone, it's all swish and elegant. hmph.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017

11. Gav_B
    Froyo Oct 11, 2017

Gav_B , Oct 11, 2017 :
    And now with the revelation that OnePlus is collecting and transmitting huge amounts of personally-identifiable information about information it shouldn't really need to have, it's the final straw.

Security is paramount, and OnePlus just lost my trust completely.

12. Gav_B
    Froyo Dec 25, 2017

Gav_B , Dec 25, 2017 :
    So I've put my money where my mouth is and bought the Pixel XL 2 128Gb in black. Lovely bit of kit, can see what people mean about the screen off-axis colouration but to be honest it's not a problem I'm going to notice day to day. The phone updated instantly to the December patch and the latest version of Oreo.

There are a couple of features from OnePlus which would be nice to have but nothing that would make me live with the data mining and incredibly short life-cycle of reach device. You had your chance OnePlus, and you blew it.

It's good to be back on Android the way it's meant to be. Now to get the 3T sold...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017

13. amartens181
    KitKat Jul 30, 2018

amartens181 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Any phone with a notch is a disgrace.
    Any phone without a headphone jack is a disgrace.
    Any phone that only provides 2 years(or less) of updates is a joke.
    Google really wants no one to buy their phones...