One Plus 5t - Charging Cable

1. P1511032684365
    Donut May 5, 2018

P1511032684365 , May 5, 2018 :
    Hi, I purchased my phone around 2 months backs. I take care of my phone and charger a lot, I try to keep my cables straight most of the time and even if I have to bend the charger I make sure that the bend is gentle. Charging cable of my previous phone nexus 5 is still working without any cracks even after more than 5 years. But in the One plus 5t charging cable I noticed a crack half a centimeter above the port near the usb side. The cable is working fine for now but I am worried. what should I do?
    Also does the charging cable comes under warranty?

janguv likes this.
  2. iAWong02
    Gingerbread May 5, 2018

iAWong02 , May 5, 2018 :
    I would just tape it to make sure the wire doesn't get exposed to anything too bad. Unless you notice extreme heating issues with the phone, you should be fine.

3. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

janguv , Jun 5, 2018 :
    I'm another OP customer who experienced this issue, despite taking good care. Mine's an OP3 cable, had for <2 years, but it's the same flex cable material I believe (dash charging lead). It's most unsatisfactory. OP say they won't cover a replacement either.

4. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 5, 2018

Artemus. , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Just buy another one.

5. janguv
    Honeycomb Jun 6, 2018

janguv , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Says the person, presumably, with decent levels of disposable income.

I don't, so £18 is a significant sum of money to me. Luckily, I kept speaking with the support team and elevated the matter. Eventually they accepted it wasn't my fault and are now sending a replacement.

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jun 6, 2018

Waveform Modifier , Jun 6, 2018 :
    Good for you that you are able to get a replacement. However, the purpose of the community is to help other users with minor software issues. This being a hardware issue, the only thing anyone here can offer in terms of an answer is to get a new one or contact OnePlus support.