one plus 6 mobile was theft

1. kumarkeelu Cupcake Sep 11, 2018

2. Kiran_kittu Froyo Sep 11, 2018

X1529260792134 and kumarkeelu like this.
  3. Bharadwaj Swaminathan Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 11, 2018

Bharadwaj Swaminathan, Sep 11, 2018 :
    1. Try android device manager.. You can locate your phone if it is still switched on with data and GPS working...
    2. Report to your local police station and register a complaint... Provide them your phone's IMEI number... They maybe able to trace it even if the sim is taken out...

4. The Earl of Twatshire KitKat Sep 11, 2018

The Earl of Twatshire, Sep 11, 2018 :
    Have you tried down the back of the sofa?

I loose so much down there. I once found the Holy Grail back there, which was handy.

Indeed.

5. Prcko Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2018

6. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 11, 2018

Baymax, Sep 11, 2018 :
    Ah. That is where they hid it all those years ago..

7. ujjwalk308 Froyo Sep 12, 2018

ujjwalk308, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Forget about it and move on. It's gone. Try using Find My Phone but I'm not sure if it'll help.

I agree. Your reply is a perfect example of that. Do you really have to be mean for no reason? That's sad.

Abin_123 likes this.
  8. deangilvin Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

deangilvin, Sep 12, 2018 :
    No actually not a perfect example at all, my post had instructions on using built in devices on every human along with some sage common sense. Was it mean? No, no it wasn't it was calling it nonsense.

Do I go to a forum and ask people I don't know how to find my car keys? No, no I don't. So why would I think in any reasonable sense that anyone here would know how to find a phone that isn't even mine.....

There's entirely too many ridiculous postings on here clearly coming from one particular area of the globe. Bet you're from that area as well since you see no problem asking complete strangers how to find something that isn't even yours. Coddling this nonsense doesn't do anyone any good in particular the original poster. People like this, instead of posting ridiculous things on the internet should be outside apologizing to the plants and trees for wasting the oxygen they have made. That would be better time spent and while doing that maybe they can reflect on why they have zero common sense.

9. RapStar Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

RapStar, Sep 12, 2018 :
    i doubt you will find your phone because security is shit on oneplus 6. you can turn off most quick toggles from the lock screen like wifi, data, bluetooth etc

10. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2018

youbi, Sep 12, 2018 :
    And in what phone that works differently? The truth is that you can turn every phone by pressing for a bit on the power button...

As for the thread creator, the only solution you have is go here and check if the phone is still on and where it is.

https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone

keithnyc, Aks41179 and csiemers like this.
  11. RapStar Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

RapStar, Sep 12, 2018 :
    no, some phones need to be unlocked before you can turn it off or change quick toggles

12. The Earl of Twatshire KitKat Sep 12, 2018

The Earl of Twatshire, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Yes, my good man, I was just as surprised as you. I was actually looking for my perpetual motion machine.

Indeed

Android450, Dresa91, sommersy and 5 others like this.
  13. Bharadwaj Swaminathan Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2018

Bharadwaj Swaminathan, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Dude, though your post holds good for most of the idiots around here, why do you have to say a "particular part of the globe"?? I exactly know which part you meant, I myself am from that part...

Please do not that idiots are from all parts of the globe...
    Unfortunately, the most of the idiots in this forum are from my part, since oneplus has a huge customer base here...
    So please, don't start with the regionalism..

14. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2018

youbi, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Can you point out some examples? Never had a phone that couldn't be turned off by pressing some keys for a while.

Aks41179 and csiemers like this.
  15. RapStar Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

RapStar, Sep 12, 2018 :
    of course you can hard reset any device but im talking about the normal power button. on my galaxy s7 it asks for a unlock if i want to reboot my phone or change quick toggles.

16. Aathif_Mahir Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2018

Aathif_Mahir, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Download Find my device app from google and search for your phone. Make sure give complain on police as well.

17. SinghKDigvijay Eclair Sep 12, 2018

SinghKDigvijay, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Mid-range and high-end Samsung phones can't be switched off without drawing the pattern on the lock screen.

Jawe1212 and RapStar like this.
  18. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2018

youbi, Sep 12, 2018 :
    And that is what I meant. You can turn off any phone just by pressing the keys for a while, so in the end, most of those so called security features will be useless. ;)

And what happens if you press the power button for some seconds?

Aks41179 and csiemers like this.
  19. ngydat Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2018

ngydat, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Weid because I had a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and I was never asked to enter the pin code (in my case) when I turn off or reboot the phone

Aks41179 likes this.
  20. RapStar Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

RapStar, Sep 12, 2018 :
    yea, i said this many times on the forum but then i get always replied by people saying dumb things like " you dont need that extra security" etc and i even filled in a bug report and got a awnser back saying its a " feature" to toggle off quick settings etc from a locked device.

I think oneplus is dropping the ball when it comes to security.