one plus 6 mobile was theft

1. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 12, 2018

B_Wrath , Sep 12, 2018 :
    This is exactly the kind of behaviour why our part of the globe is getting a bad name... Why do you have to butt into an argument which doesn't concern you?? I have already taken up with him on his remark since I was having a discussion on this thread..

ngydat and Aks41179 like this.
  2. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 12, 2018

B_Wrath , Sep 12, 2018 :

RapStar

proof of what? again, i never said it was a cheap phone. i just stated that the price it sells for has to cut some corners in some areas so if people demand a perfect phone then they have to pay the perfect price.​

You really don't know how to accept that you were wrong, do you???
    Okay... Fine... You have a problem with Oneplus 6 security, "then sell it and go away"...

Deactivated User and pablofg1978 like this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 12, 2018

4. Jogi5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2018

Jogi5 , Sep 12, 2018 :
    If you want to disable the toggles on lockscreen, just install cerberus app...

The easiest way to get what you want...

5. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Sep 12, 2018

anupritaisno1 , Sep 12, 2018 :
    Cerberus pretty much died out once dm-verity became a thing. Since Cerberus no longer lives on the system and it can't either, a hard reset will easily remove it

B_Wrath likes this.
  6. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2018

pablofg1978 , Sep 12, 2018 :
    Is not weak security, it's not a bug, that is how Google design it, that is how Android works.
    Again, if you don't like it go to Google and ask them to change it.
    nice finding

7. RapStar
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2018

RapStar , Sep 12, 2018 :
    it proofs nothing. Go read that whole post and you understand that he was talking about how bad the slo-motion recording was on a oneplus 6.

finding of what? Good to see people taking things out of context and think they got proof lol

I said cheap as in people demanding premium features that other brands have while paying half the price.

8. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 12, 2018

pablofg1978 , Sep 12, 2018 :
    I like how you only Choose some parts to reply ...

9. Jogi5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 12, 2018

10. Betamixz
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

11. basnetpritu
    Eclair Sep 13, 2018

basnetpritu , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I don't know if this helps , but , my one plus 3 was stolen and never found. I have a one plus 6 now. Did report it to the local police , these guys are useless.

12. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Sep 13, 2018

B_Wrath , Sep 13, 2018 :
    A spade is a spade in all context..
    No one calls it a space in few context and a hearts in other...

Similarly, once you can it a cheap phone, it is one... It suddenly doesn't become a premium one just when you start losing an argument...

13. RapStar
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

RapStar , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Oh no, not at all but i guess you dont know what context means.

That whole statement was about people paying a lower price to meet their high expectations.

So if you reread the whole post you would understand hopefully.

14. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 13, 2018

youbi , Sep 13, 2018 :
    We live in the age where information is just easily access, so you may not know something, but in a 5 seconds search on google you find it immediately. So in the of the day, most people will find that info quickly.

And after so many years of use of smartphones, most people already know how to do it bases on their daily device experience.

But I do get you point. You would like to have the possibility to lock the quick toggles when the phone is looked, and its fair enough. In the end its a matter of convenience against security, just like having a fingerprint sensor (or face unlock) or just the good old pin code.

My advice would be to make the feedback section and leave that request there. I guess that if that feature was optional on the security menu and you could pick what suits you more, most people would like to have it.

Are you serious?!? :confused: You are completely missing the point, in the world on non removable batteries you always have an option to recover you device from a freeze with you hardware keys. Either by doing the normal hold the power button for x seconds, or by combining that with the volume keys. Just because you don't know how to do it it doesn't mean it wasn't there. You just need to do a quick google search for your device and I'm sure you will find it too. ;)

15. RapStar
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

RapStar , Sep 13, 2018 :
    true, i just wish they made it more customizable so that people can pick comfort or security.

1 thing i dont get is why are all the important things like mobile data etc not protected but the gps quick toggle needs a unlock if you want to turn it on or off.... it seems so half baked

Budruel likes this.
  16. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 13, 2018

youbi , Sep 13, 2018 :
    And thats fair enough. ;) As long as people don't forget that its not bullet proof and that it still has flaws in it.

Actually never noticed that, and yeah. Its kind of weird why that location option needs pin and the rest doesn't. :sweatsmile:

17. ujjwalk308
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2018

ujjwalk308 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    The fact that you had to type such a long reply and you couldn't just ignore OP proves it that you're just overreacting to something that's not even an issue. The mods are present to define what's allowed and what's not. Until and unless you're not a mod, I don't think you have the authority to judge what others should post on the forums.

Maybe he's not that technically sound? Ever thought of that? In situations like these one is definitely worried and searches for help wherever possible. Having a OnePlus in India isn't cheap. Maybe it is for you but us Indians know what these things are worth and losing something of that value makes us worried and we look for help. So unless you can not help, keep that toxic attitude of yours to yourself. Good luck. Try and have a positive and happy life.

18. deangilvin
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

deangilvin , Sep 13, 2018 :
    LOL and yet another one proving the point. You guys just can't help yourselves being an exhibit, can you?

Well, if it's so expensive in India (like I care) maybe one should take better care of ones items that cost so much.

When you post nonsense on an internet forum, you will be judged. If you can't deal with it, don't post it. Try Talkspace if you're looking to be coddled.

Just so you know, if you have to type that much to show us all that you have no common sense either, maybe you see yourself in the post. Food for thought.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

Budruel and Aks41179 like this.
  19. ujjwalk308
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2018

ujjwalk308 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    If I'm being an exhibit then you're no less of an exhibit of a person who has such views about people from other places. We have a word for that but I'm hoping you're intelligent enough to guess what it is. Anyway, I wish you positivity I hope whatever causes you to be so toxic goes away from your life soon.

Budruel and Loveit like this.
  20. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Loveit , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Oh man, you are acting like a complete tosser.

Budruel likes this.