Other

one plus 6t after many attempts still hangs

1. Gill_420_ Cupcake Jul 14, 2019

Gill_420_, Jul 14, 2019 :
    okay sit down its going to be long, i have already explained in my recent thread about my oneplus 6t freezing on me. soooo yeah some dude who read my thread said i should factory reset my phone so i listened to him and did what he said after hours of hassel i set it up and start using my phone and after few minutes it got stuck like :mad: what man seriously i got so angry because it was getting on my nerves so i was like ok it might be just one time this o_O huh na suddenly it got stuck and waited for it to get normal naaaa it took me 15 minutes trying to restart my phone because after restarting it works fine for at least 2 to 3 hours ok so now i'm addressing this issue on my thread because i was looking forward to buy oneplus 7 pro but i have doubts now, i have already forced my friends to buy this phone i don't know it was a good idea or not but i really want this problem to be fixed can someone here from oneplus support fix this issue it been very annoying now please

2. ironass KitKat Jul 14, 2019

ironass, Jul 14, 2019 :
    I am that dude!

So, you Factory Reset the phone as per my instructions, here, and checked out that your phone was lag and freeze free, as per my instructions, "I would then do a fresh install of all your apps and settings after first checking out your phone is lag and freeze free", and then you set about freshly installing your own apps and settings again, at which point your phone once again started to lag and freeze.

I think you can agree that this clearly indicates that the issue is with the user apps and settings and not the OnePlus firmware and there could be a number of reasons for this. I have just finished advising on another forum where the problem turned out to be an app that had not even been updated for Android Pie. Did you notice by any chance at which stage of re-installing your apps and settings that the lag and freezing started as this may give you a rough clue to the culprit.

somenothingness and drl431 like this.