One Plus 6T fingerprint sensor greyed out issue

1. vivekvejandla Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

vivekvejandla, Feb 23, 2019 :
    Hi I have purchased the 6T in November and after one month I started facing an issue with fingerprint sensor being greyed out ,so we won't be able to unlock it and need a pin to unlock the device .Is anyone facing the same issue ? Please help me out .Thanks.

2. Cunkrinks Froyo Feb 23, 2019

Cunkrinks, Feb 23, 2019 :
    Was the fingerprint still greyed out next unlock after you enter the pin?
    If it not and that was security reason, for some period of time you need to enter the pin to unlock.

3. vivekvejandla Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

Yeah after entering the pin ,the next fingerprint unlock works fine.The security reason might be a reason but was little trouble at times of need.

4. Cunkrinks Froyo Feb 23, 2019

well that's life mate, more secure and then less comfortable.
    let's go back when there was no security on the phone, just press your power button and you can use your phone.

5. vivekvejandla Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

If it's a security reason all well bro but just posted to ensure that's not a bug in my device.

6. Cunkrinks Froyo Feb 23, 2019

yup i got the point, now you know it's not a bug or defect.

vivekvejandla likes this.
  7. G1550908039034 Cupcake Feb 23, 2019

G1550908039034, Feb 23, 2019 :
    I have the same issue with the fingerprint sensor. I couldn't get past it after only a couple of days, and decided to just use the face unlock feature.

8. Cunkrinks Froyo Feb 23, 2019

i don't think you have the same issue, what i got from your post is your fingerprint still work (scanning) but cannot get you fingerprint, if it's like that try to remove and re enter your fingerprint, and you can follow pinned thread about screen lock how to.

if it is the same issue, i think the security still apply whether you use fingerprint or face unlock.

9. Atanu Maji Cupcake May 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM

Atanu Maji, May 18, 2019 at 6:59 AM :
    From India, A new OnePlus user.
    Device: OnePlus 6T.
    Fingerprint scanner was slow since the day I started using the phone. So, I read in this forum to calibrate the fingerprint scanner by dialling *#808# and I did. Since then it stopped recognising my fingerprints completely while unlocking the device.
    To sort out the problem/issue,
    1. I deleted all of the registered imprints and re-registered but result were the same, “Not recognised”, “Too many attempts. Fingerprint scanner disabled.” I posted bug report from developer setting under the guidance of OP developer ‘bug Hunter’
    2. As it was under 10 days replacement I called Amazon Customer Care Representative and they suggested a ‘Hard Reset’.
    3. I back-up data and did a soft reset from settings. Duriy and after Android set-up I re-registered fingerprints but while unlocking it didn't work. Then did a Hard Reset from the Recovery. Didn't Work. Downloaded Latest Stable and Open Beta. Reflashed Stable, reattempted with the fp scanner and then flashed Beta, didn't work.
    4. Called OnePlus Customer Care and they suggested me to visit Service Center which 220 km away. Hence Pickup option they referred.
    5. I registered by giving one and another attempts with different finger's imprints, even after registering the brothers finger imprints separately, it failed to recognize.
    6. Then I had to ask for a replacement to Amazon which was a complicated process.
    Summary: Fingerprints are registering, that means Hardware Sensor is okay. It's not recognizing at the time of unlocking the phone but then if there's problem with software OOS, I clean flashed both the firmwares from OnePlus official website. I don't know the actual reason.

10. Atanu Maji Cupcake May 18, 2019 at 7:01 AM

11. H1558151300063 Cupcake May 18, 2019 at 7:11 AM