One plus 6T headphone jack issue

1. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I have been using by OP6T for about 10 months now. The headphone jack was working fine but for the past few days I have noticed that there is some problem with the headphone jack. On inserting the headphone sometimes I get the sound or else I have to fiddle a few times to get the sound.
    I think this is the disadvantage of using a single port for charging and headphone. Overuse has taken a toll on the jack.
    anyone else noticed this issue. Anything I can do to solve this problem?

2. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Jul 9, 2019

Kytharsis , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Do you mean the headphone adapter? The 6T doesn't have a headphone jack.

Naveen_006 and somenothingness like this.
  3. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Yes boss.I am not completely aware of terminology that is being used..

Naveen_006 likes this.
  4. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan , Jul 11, 2019 :
    maybe he drilled one in techrax style

5. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 11, 2019

pablofg1978 , Jul 11, 2019 :
    He has a "strange parts" 6t with a headphone jack

6. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 11, 2019 :
    thanks for your valuable input..!!

7. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jul 11, 2019

hotsauce , Jul 11, 2019 :
    Just like any cable, there is a shelf life. You resolution would be to buy a new dongle. Amazon has them for real cheap, I usually buy 2 at a time and leave it around the house.

Muhsin_Sultan and Amarjeet Sahoo like this.
  8. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 11, 2019 :
    I think that there is a problem with the headphone adapter rather than the dongle itself because the adapter seems to have loosened with regular usage which can also be felt while inserting the charging cable. The charging is working fine.
    anyway will try a new adapter..

9. Unscribed
    Eclair Jul 17, 2019

Unscribed , Jul 17, 2019 :
    You might have to buy a new one from Oneplus.
    For being a "standard", USB-C is terribly different from each company - like how the USB-C to jack adapter from Oneplus will not work on Huawei.

10. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan , Jul 17, 2019 :
    If that's the case you should also face difficulity charging as well since the audio OUT + power IN is all from the same USB-C port

11. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 17, 2019 :
    I am unable to understand how the adapter cable can be damaged as the it seems to be in perfect physical condition which leaves me with only one conclusion that the 6T adpater is probably defective as I get correct sound on adjusting once or twice.
    Also the earphone mic does not work correctly even when the I am getting proper sound through earphones. There surely seems to be some problem with mobile adapter.

12. Muhsin_Sultan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2019

Muhsin_Sultan , Jul 18, 2019 :
    Buy a usb c adapter from amazon (some cheap and good one) then try it and see if the issue is resolved

Amarjeet Sahoo likes this.
  13. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 18, 2019 :
    already ordered one.. let's see..

14. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I got the new one today which cost me RS 443 or 6.5 dollar but I am facing the same issue with the new adapter.
    This is a serious issue which I think everyone is going to face sooner or later. Over use of a adapter jack for charging as well as audio will take a toll on the phones adapter jack capacity.
    One plus should address this as I have faced this issue in 9 months. Even if I go for a repair of the adapter, I don't think the adapter will last for the next 9 months.

15. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 27, 2019

Horsault , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Answer from OnePlus will be simple: go wireless!
    Adaptor use should be the exception, or to stay forever without moving anything, as for all adaptors.

16. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I am using the bullet wireless for 2 yrs and I can confidently say that the quality of audio over wired earphone is a lot better than wireless buds.
    Wireless buds have a long way to go before they can be at par with wired earphone.
    Anyway what do you think? Have you used some wireless buds that are actually good?

17. Prem 24
    Froyo Jul 31, 2019

Prem 24 , Jul 31, 2019 :
    On inserting OnePlus headphone adapter i was getting weird disturbance in my earphone ,When the phone was launched and while moving also triggered disturbance but now I am not facing this issue and seriously if ur volume level is hight it will seriously damage our ears

18. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 31, 2019

Horsault , Jul 31, 2019 :
    I'm curious about details.
    I'm using the most neutral sound possible earphones. Sony ANR headphones, and wireless bullets.

19. Amarjeet Sahoo
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2019

Amarjeet Sahoo , Jul 31, 2019 :
    Do you like bullet wireless sound?
    I haven't used the sony anr headphones, so I will not be able to comment.

20. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 31, 2019

Horsault , Jul 31, 2019 :
    They produce a natural flat sound that respects the music as it is, without "enhancing" anything like a ghetto "boom-boom" blaster.