OxygenOS One Plus 6T stuck at Fastboot Mode

1. Daxh641
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

Daxh641 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    Hello guys,

I was trying to re-lock the bootloader from my OP6T and followed the steps on this website : https://oneplus.gadgethacks.com/how-to/install-twrp-recovery-your-oneplus-6t-0190296/ to install TWRP and be able to re-lock the Bootloader (I want to sell the phone).

But when I tried the step 7 to install the temporarily TWRP file onto my device, it got stucked on the Fastboot mode with the logo of OP on my phone (see the picture). Now I can't turn it off. All I can do is pressing VOL-UP and Power button to turn off the screen then it turns on again with the same screen.

Any idea if my phone is bricked ? (probably)

And is there a solution to unbrick it maybe with this tool : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/tool-6t-msmdownloadtool-v4-0-oos-9-0-5-t3867448 But first I need to turn it off completely. but how ?

Thanks in advance. And have a wonderful and happy new year !!

Daxh641

Attached Files:

2. gwjansen
    Froyo Jan 1, 2020

gwjansen , Jan 1, 2020 :
    This does not look good, you are keeping volume up + power button pressed for 5-10 seconds right?

3. Daxh641
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

Daxh641 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I made it work !!! I had to wait for my phone to discharge. And after powering it on. It booted correctly. Then I re-entered the bootloader menu and I entered adb with Windows command prompt and entered fastboot devices and fastboot oem lock without installing TWRP. It worked ! I'm so happy :)

Caomhin and gwjansen like this.
  4. idachev
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2020

idachev , Jan 17, 2020 :
    I manage to hard reset power of the OnePlus 6t by pressing all volume up + volume down + power button for about no more than 10s

aryanxpx and Caomhin like this.
  5. aryanxpx
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2020

aryanxpx , Feb 7, 2020 :
    Thank you soo much I had the same problem.
    I first thought to wait for it to discharge then I read your comment to hard reset it :D.

gwjansen likes this.