One plus 7 pro front camera not working via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Last edited: Apr 4, 2021

OddFluffy likes this.
  2. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

McJader , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Try: Clearing cache and storage of the camera app and camera services app

3. G_Mayur_L.S_ALBr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 4, 2021 :
    I did clear my cache and even factory reset my phone.
    But the issue still persists

McJader likes this.
  4. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2021

McJader , Apr 4, 2021 :
    Have you contacted OnePlus Support about this? Or take your device to a service center if you can

J4t1np4r3kh likes this.
  5. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 4, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Apr 4, 2021 :
    As @McJader said, your best bet is to take it to a service centre. It's quite a common defect that's happening with the pop up camera, and replacing the module has sorted this issue for other users

McJader likes this.
  6. Ram Sanjay A
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2021

Ram Sanjay A , Apr 11, 2021 :
    There are many OnePlus 7 pro users who got affected with software update 10.3.8.

I had wonderful experience till this software update in one plus 7 pro. Selfie camera pops out but gets stuck with black screen and cannot use it any further. I m still lucky that my rear camera is still working.

All of a sudden I feel like OnePlus has downgraded its status from premium to 3rd class in solving customer queries. None of the users could find a solution for the issue and one plus service are just replacing hardware bcoz of software issues. It's been almost a year for this software update and it's been such a mess. Will OnePlus solve this problem or compensate for all OnePlus 7 pro users?

Saravanan.M.S likes this.
  7. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 11, 2021

Artemus. , Apr 11, 2021 :
    If it were a software issue, everyone would have the same problem since most everyone is on 10.3.8. This only seems to be affecting a handful of people from various regions so it's more than likely a hardware problem that requires a hardware fix.

cdnfarmer likes this.
  8. Ram Sanjay A
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

Ram Sanjay A , Apr 12, 2021 :
    So you meant to say that all of these handful users intentionally made an effort to damage the front camera.
    How come the damage will be exactly same for all of these handful users and that too within same period of time?

9. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 12, 2021

Artemus. , Apr 12, 2021 :
    You misinterpreted my statement completely. What I said is, if it were a software issue then everyone would have the same problem. The front camera is a physical object and therefore is a hardware issue.

Saravanan.M.S likes this.
  10. Saravanan.M.S
    Eclair Apr 17, 2021

Saravanan.M.S , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    It simply can't be, how it can be at the same time for all that too only after software upgrade. Also how it is same issue for all?? As per your say does all the handlful users damaged the same physical object at same time??? One plus is never settling with their errors and instead blaming genuine customers

D1572275230889 likes this.