one plus 7 + samsung gear battery drain issue via OnePlus 7

1. phanindra.rachamalla
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2019

phanindra.rachamalla , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 24, 2019 :
    **This is for all those one plus users facing battery drain issue with their samsung gear plugin.

samsung Gear S3 has an accessory service plugin that allows to seamlessly conenect the watch to the phine. This is great app to sync and utilise the watch+phone combination completely.

The recent update to the plugin came up with a crazy battery drain issue.
    when i saw the posts in playstore i saw so many reviews quoting one plus devices.

I use one plus 7. This usually last a day and half for me. When i updated the plugin I couldn't use the phone for more than 10hrs. so i uninstalled the app thinking this was an issue that the app has to address.

Today, after the new os update from OnePlus I tried my luck to see if this issue is resolved. Surprisingly it appears to be fixed. It's more than half a day and the battery usage seems to be normal now.

The last update from OnePlus definitely effected the battery. hope it is not the same with the update received today.

2. raghava2030
    Donut Dec 26, 2019

3. phanindra.rachamalla
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2019

phanindra.rachamalla , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 27, 2019 :
    yes. I wanted to wait for couple of days before i reply here.
    I can see that the issue is still not resolved.
    The battery drain reduced but still visible. The phone heated more than usual. I removed the accessory app today again. I will wait for an update for the app until then

4. jaskirat8
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2020

jaskirat8 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 13, 2020 :
    hi guys, any solution for this. As mentioned above its a crazy drain. First whatsapp now gear, seems like A10 on oneplus is quite buggy. I hope devs fix these battery drains ASAP.

5. raghava2030
    Donut Jan 24, 2020

raghava2030 , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 24, 2020 :
    heard in another thread that by changing the battery optimization for the gear apps such as accesory service, samsung gear, health and etc., to don't optimize is top the battery drain, let's try that and see. will update my thoughts on tip