Front cam isssue
which update (build number from Settings > About phone)?
While I'm opening fring camera display struck on that app. even face recognition also not working I think due to front camer issue? there is no damage for camera or not fall from heights
again. what OS version?
why are you booted into Safe Mode?
have you ever updated your camera app via an APK file downloaded from the web?
OS 10.3.8 standard. Customer service representative said try to open in safe mode even in normal mode it showing like that. Camer app itself getting close when I tried to open front camera. No issues with back camera. I never update my camera with third party apps.
Thanks for Response
Normal mode ive tried
ok,boot back into normal mode.
Boot the phone into recovery mode and clear the cache.
1. Power off phone.
2. Power on phone whilst holding down the volume down button (this takes slightly longer to react than you would expect and after the initial splash screen goes blank for a slightly un-nerving amount of time. But just wait).
3. Enter the PIN/Password you use to unlock the phone when prompted.
4. Choose a language.
5. Choose "Wipe data and cache" (don't worry this is only a path to a submenu, it won't delete your data).
6. Choose "Wipe cache" (IMPORTANT - MAKE SURE YOU DON'T TAP ERASE EVERYTHING).
7. It will confirm that you have selected clear cache and ask you to say YES.
8. When it says success choose "Reboot"
9. The night after doing this leave the phone on charge overnight.
Does this solve the problem I've been facing exact same issue as mentioned earlier
the original poster didn't come back to say yes/no. Give it a try, shouldn't do any harm. If still not working then I would contact OnePlus support directly
It didn't, I tried the steps you have mentioned down to the last detail. Please find a solution if there is any
Same issue now after Update, but it was not from day1. It seemed like some issues from day1 on stable 11,but never on 11 open beta. Phone Was completely reset before update.
Since it happened, I wiped Cache and also deleted all data from camera App.
I opened a ticket with Oneplus.
Exact same issue, tried all the steps mentioned, No Go. No damages to phone neither did it fall from hand. What next?
Hi, I am facing the same exact issue, for front came , getting blank screen.. and unable to unlock the screen using front cam
Me too. After update, front camera either blank screen or crash. Please help.
In the https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/all-about-oxygenos-august-2021.1492051/ thread it mentions:
Q: Why did my OnePlus 7/7T series camera stop working?
A: If you encounter this problem, it may be a hardware problem. The camera in your phone may have been damaged due to prolonged use. You may take your device to the nearest service center for further assistance.
Here's the complete list of service centers: https://www.oneplus.in/support/service-center
It is not hardware issue i am pretty sure. It is after update
still contact support, they can run tests.
Introducing Orbit - A revamped OnePlus Community App
by Zach X., 2021-10-13