One plus 7t complete damaged after update for Oxygen 11

1. Felix Andres
    Donut Apr 24, 2021

Felix Andres , Apr 24, 2021 :
    hi guys, please help me if you can.

i receive the notification for update to oxygen 11 with his "upgrades", i download and install, but after that
    the phone heat a lot and after that the screens got freeze. i cant put password for unblock, the screen is
    frozen so i try to do a hard reset and push power + volume down button and go to the menu that ask me for password or forgot password and for my entire surprise, the phone is also freeze there tooo !!!!, so i cant handle my phone, anyone can help me please ?

the touch is not working after update...., please help @ONEPLUS 7T

Attached Files:

rpv.pradeep likes this.
  2. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

Felix Andres , May 4, 2021 :
    Hi guys, im writing here for 3rd time expecting that anyone can help me.

8 days ago i receive the notification for update to android 11 and then i update my phone.

after y update my phone, i cant use my phone because is blocked on the first screen, cant touch the password for unblock , then i go for a hard reset and its the same situation because when you go for a hard reset the phone asks for your password and as i cant put my password because i touch the keypad and nothing happens, im trying to get help for solve my situation, oneplus doesnt answer anything, i just go to customer experience on one plus and they send me the complete chat that i had with the asessor , but they never contact me.

the phone is useless i cant use my phone. anyone can help me please ?

3. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar May 4, 2021

Bobbie63 and Caoimhín like this.
  4. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 4, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 4, 2021 :
    Thanks for the tag.
    The following information is for 7 Pro, it can be used to unbrick a device, but can also be used to reset a device as well.
    Please follow the steps to the letter, you also need to be sure you download the correct Regional version for your phone.
    Please note, you do this at your own risk as per the Original post by at the start of the thread.
    [OP7PRO][LATEST OOS 10.3.8 GM21AA | OOS 10.0.10 GM21BA] Collection of unbrick tools
    Edit removed due to being told at a later stage, that the model information is now for a 7T Pro. Awaiting confirmation.

Last edited: May 4, 2021

Bobbie63 and Tokolozi like this.
  5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 4, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 4, 2021 :
    I’m a little confused about what device you have as you’ve posted in different threads for OP7T series and you state you have a OP7pro. Be sure when you follow the steps of the link @Caoimhín gave you, you download the correct file for your device.

Caoimhín and Tokolozi like this.
  6. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

hi @Bobbie63 , thanks for answer. Yes, i have posted on different threads looking for a solution because i oneplus dont answer my requirement, so i dont know what to do, and its my personal phone..... so i need the information that i have on the phone.

the phone is oneplus 7t pro. I have not seen the link that @Caoimhín send to me.

I dont download anything, i mean..., the phone show me the update notification and i click on update button, i suposse that is the usual, no ?

7. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

ok ok, i will follow step by step. Thanks guys a lot for at least try to help me. @Caoimhín @Bobbie63 @Tokolozi

Bobbie63 and Tokolozi like this.
  8. Caoimhín

Now it's a OnePlus 7T Pro. OK. Don't install anything. The information you originally have was for 7 Pro. This software won't work.

DO NOT INSTALL THE VERSION I POSTED. PLEASE.

Please Confirm the phone model you have. Immediately if not sooner. Thank you.

Bobbie63, Tokolozi and Felix Andres like this.
  9. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 4, 2021

pablofg1978 , May 4, 2021 :
    Thread merged
    Please don't create duplicate threads

Felix Andres and Caoimhín like this.
  10. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

yes, the phone is oneplus 7t pro. ok, then i will not proceed. Continue looking how to solve....

11. Caoimhín

Ok, what's going on, you now state its a 7T and a 7T Pro. Please let us know what phone you do actually have in your possession. Thank you.
    1st you stated 7 Pro, now you state 7T and 7T Pro.
    1620164539888.jpg
    1620164539913.jpg

Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

13. Caoimhín

Do you still have the Box and details, maybe the purchase receipt that can identify the phone for sure.
    As the 7 Pro and 7T Pro phones are almost identical externally. And it's hard to distinguish from your photos.
    Check the specs of both here.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9872&idPhone2=9689

Bobbie63 likes this.
  14. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

No, i dont have the receipt, neither the box, i buy this phone 2 years ago...., sometimes had frozen screens on the keypad of the first screen, but i was solving that after a soft reset..., its unbelievable that i cant use the phone after an update that the same system suggest me to do.....

dont know how to be sure, let me look if i have some messages that help us be sure of the model.

thanks. @Caoimhín

15. Caoimhín

No problem, it's just it's hard to tell which of the 2 Pro models 7 Pro or 7T Pro you have from the pictures posted. See the link I posted above. Need to be 100% sure as wrong software may have adverse effects on the hardware. 👍
    If you bought it at OnePlus website, login and you should be able to see your purchases.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  16. Felix Andres
    Donut May 4, 2021

@Caoimhín , accordingly to some videos on youtube, my phone is oneplus 7 pro , without the "t".

Then i will proceed with the step by step guide that you send to me, and i will let you know the results. 👍

17. Caoimhín

As I can't be sure of the exact model of phone. I can only suggest to contact OnePlus support directly. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Bobbie63 likes this.