One Plus 7T

1. gupta.biswarup
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2020

gupta.biswarup , Jan 21, 2020 :
    I have just ordered OnePlus 7T 8+256 GB version.. Pls share honest feedback for who are using the same.. I have been using 3T for 4 years now and it still works flawlessly.. But I thought of upgrading.. Really appreciate honest reviews from current 7T users..

Cheers!

F_Keyser_Söze_RMPu likes this.
  2. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

colaboy , Jan 21, 2020 :
    everyone usage differ. through feedback you can seen some are so stress that thing doesn't work, almost to the extend of runnig their car over the 7T, still some doesn't have much of an issue. and some had issues but still can live alongside those issues.

I might be having issue with 3T even though that work flawlessly to you.

just follow your heart, find the light and see where the light take you. the choice is yours. don't be deceived by words of mouth, and don't be deceived by marketing gimmick. not particularly in this case, but yeah, take the leap where your heart tells you to.

never try never know.

disclaimer:
    after you buy this, if there is anything not working to your expectations, please blame your self first for the choice you make. people here likes to put responsibilities on others for the choice they made. just amazing.

enjoy [e]1f61c[/e]

3. colaboy
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2020

colaboy , Jan 21, 2020 :
    ok, just pulling your legs on that one.

honestly. the 7T I have is not flawless, but work just fine for me. battery holds good cos I'm still with the previous uodate,, camera is good because I seldom take picture, performance is good I don't do gaming, normal call work fine, internet connection work, wifi work, Bluetooth earpiece work on Spotify and no comment bout others because I only use Spotify, regular app like WhatsApp work fine, area other news app works too.

adaptive brightness giving me issues, had auto set off. but the brightness still changes by itself, and speaker mode during regular call is bad, the other party could not hear clearly. missing the 3.5 mm because OnePlus did not provide one, but other than that, I'm good.

so there you go, those are what I can offer.

hope you like your new toy.

S1539175485173 likes this.
  4. targnik
    Donut Jan 22, 2020

targnik , Jan 22, 2020 :
    I'm using the 128gb version and it rocks!!

90 Hz refresh rate is amazing...

Screen is so sharp and clear.

Gestures become second nature.

External storage would be great, but you're getting double the room - so no worries there.

Get yourself a good case and get amongst it.

Best phone I've ever owned.

My work phone is an iPhone XR and the 1+ 7T overshadows it.

NB, I'm running the latest update.

KeeBaud likes this.
  5. F_Keyser_Söze_RMPu , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Well, two days ago changed 3t for 7t (8x256).

Pros:
    -Good camera, auto mode makes nice shots much more often, than 3t.
    -Good screen, very smooth and bright, no flicker, many colour options.
    -Good and loud sound for multimedia and talk.
    -Good performance.
    -Good build quality.
    -Love the 3-mode button for vibration and no desturb misses.

Cons:
    -It is tall, very tall 😅. Uncommon, not really uncomfortable, but...needs to get used to it. And heavy. Light summer pants won't like it.
    -Camera gives options for 4:3, 1:1 and 20:9 aspect ratio. No 16:9 with stock camera. Strange, really. I don't want to crop all photos to match pc, tv, other regular phones and etc.
    -Camera night mode makes very noisy pics. Macro not as good, as advertised.
    -Screen auto brightness works bad, very often have to turn it off. No way to tune it, its sensitivity.
    -Screen pixel density could be better for 2019 year flagship product. At least 450-500ppi, for bright objects not to be little blurry (nexus 6 with perfect 493ppi from 2014 says hello and laughing at 7t).
    -No wireless charging. Glass is perfect material for it. So many new cars has Qi, but OnePlus has not. Disappointing. Sure, i knew that, but it is still a shame.
    -Some bugs in software. Freezing Chrome sometimes, YouTube picture in picture works strange, need to pull it from lower bar (what?), split screen not working (or i didn't find it). Some games don't launch, for example Prime world defenders 2.
    -Old and unhandy stock software: dialer without even swipe support between screens. Stock launcher is fast, but not as comfortable as stock Android, where is Google screen with news at left, where is at glance bar?
    -No Volte support in Russia, while all operators support it. Why, OnePlus? 7 generation and still no support.
    -No official water resistance. I see some rubber stripes at sim socket, but lack of official permission makes the calls under the rain very dangerous.
    -Modern haptic vibration is funny, bit kinda weak, not really sensible in pockets while walking.

I love OnePlus, but soooo many cons gives not the best experience for me.

I got also OnePlus 7, don't really know which to keep and which to sale. It is much more comfortable to handle, better battery time, surprisingly better vibration, strangely slightly better multimedia sound, but worse camera and screen.🤔

7. GeekOnTheHill
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Jan 22, 2020 :
    Camera software is so-so, even for someone like me who rarely uses the camera for anything important. It's certainly good enough for me, but serious photographers might feel otherwise.

As for everything else, I have no complaints so far. Speed, responsiveness, GPS, connectivity (AT&T in the USA), and everything else I care about have been outstanding.

Battery life is also outstanding.

battery3.jpg

I usually keep the refresh rate at 60Hz unless I'm using some app where 90Hz actually makes a noticeable difference. But still, that's pretty outstanding.

All in all, I'm happy.

Richard

Sheppards likes this.
  8. parul.jn1986
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

parul.jn1986 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    i recently purchased 1+7t everything is good... except the calling part sometimes i am nt abl to hear other persons voice when i call...or some one calls me

9. janschmitt
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2020

10. meet7572
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

11. gupta.biswarup
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

gupta.biswarup , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Hey appreciate all the feedback coming in even I am a not gamer and normal user.. The only problem I will face seems to be the awkward size I think it will be even bigger to hold than my 3T and also the weight with glass back.. I feel a normal drop might crack the glass back for it being heavy and big.. For the no 3.5mm jack issue I have ordered the OnePlus 3.5 jack to C type original adapter as I found the pack will not include that.. Keep the reviews coming.. Its very helpful..

12. GeekOnTheHill
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Jan 24, 2020 :
    The 7t is slightly taller and slightly narrower than a "typical" large-screen phone. I actually had to get used to the narrowness when using the keyboard, even though the difference in width between the 7t and the phone it replaced is very slight. When the keys are that small, even slight differences require muscle memory adjustments. But it only took a few hours for that to happen.

As an aside, I gave the phone which the 7t replaced (an LG V20) to my mother and set it up for her yesterday. It's still a good phone and for her, a huge upgrade. And my fingers had to readjust themselves to the V20's ever-so-slightly-wider keyboard, even though I used that phone for three years. But it only took a few minutes.

As for the glass back, I tend to buy cases for phones before I even activate them, and even more so on an all-glass phone. I definitely think a good case is a great idea for the 7t.

The 7t includes a clear case that I believe offers much better overall protection than the carbon fiber case that I also ordered from OP. Other than for the camera glass, which could use another millimeter or two of protection, the clear case is well worth using from the time you open the box, in my opinion. Back and corner protection are good, and there's enough lip for some degree of screen protection.

That being said, I've ordered another case from Caseology that looks like it will provide somewhat better protection for the camera glass. It should be arriving today or tomorrow. The included case has so little raised lip that even something like crumbs on a table could contact the glass. I'd like a bit more of a lip or ridge. My other option was to attach something to the included case like a ring around the camera opening or some stick-on rubber feet, but I decided to try the Caseology case instead.

The official carbon fiber case available from OP is beautiful, but I don't think it's as protective as the included clear case. There's not enough lip on either the front of the case nor around the camera to meet my definition of a protective case. It's something I would use more in the context of a business meeting or social function than for routine use where protection is all I care about. But it is beautiful. I won't take that away. I'm just more of a function-over-form kind of guy.

As I and many others have said, the least-impressive thing about the 7t is the camera software. If the camera is hugely important to you, you may want to look elsewhere. The GCam ports do help, however. I tried one of them. But certain settings combinations crashed it; and because the camera isn't very important to me anyway, I uninstalled it and went back to the stock camera software, which at least is stable.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the camera hardware, by the way. It's just hampered by less-than-wonderful software. It's a pretty glaring error on OP's part from a marketing point of view because I am well aware that my apathy about a phone's camera quality puts me in a very, very small minority of users. I'm sure it's a deal-killer for many people, which is a shame.

Richard

niyonsv likes this.
  13. O1573856371230
    Donut Jan 24, 2020

O1573856371230 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I've had it since November and overall I like it, but it has a few drawbacks which I can't get over...in summary I'm waiting for the iPhone 12. This was my first Android phone in a while, and unfortunately it's still not my cup of tea.

14. Ziertus
    Froyo Jan 24, 2020

Ziertus , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Yeah that's what moving to Apple devices does. After my internship with Apple, they really emphasize the ecosystem and how all the features/devices need to synergize with one another. It's definitely not a bad thing per se, but makes it hard to diversify to non-Apple products once you get deep into it.

15. GeekOnTheHill
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Jan 25, 2020 :
    Google is starting to subtly lean in that direction with Android.

One example is removing the Bluetooth HFP (hands-free protocol, or "call channel") from the Android versions of Google Maps and Waze (which Google also owns). HFP is what used to allow the navigation instructions to interrupt the music when using the car radio for music while using the phone for navigation. It routed the navigation instructions to the radio as a phone call, which interrupted the music playing on the car radio. This is how every other navigation app I know of routes the spoken instructions.

On the Android versions of Google and Waze, however, that feature was intentionally removed somewhere between 18 months and two years ago. The navigation instructions will only interrupt the music if the music is also being played from the phone. Both the music and the navigation instructions are then routed to the car radio via the Bluetooth media channel rather than the call channel.

The intentionality of this is obvious because Android itself still supports the call channel. In other words, actual phone calls will still interrupt the music on the car radio using the BT call channel. So the connectivity and functionality are still there. What Google did was cripple the ability of Maps and Waze to use that functionality, effectively forcing users to play music from the phone if they want the navigation instructions to interrupt the music.

There are some workaround apps that work sometimes. You can also hack the ability back into Android if you have root. The point is that Google intentionally removed a popular feature without any apparent reason other than to force users to play music from their phones rather than the car radio.

My workaround is to not use Maps or Waze. I use them to test a phone's ability to use them, after which I starve Maps of almost all permissions, uninstall Waze, and use third-party navigation apps like Magic Earth and OsmAnd that still use HFP.

The interesting thing is that the iOS version of Maps (and I think Waze) still supports HFP, possibly because Apple wouldn't let Google remove it, or possibly because there was no gain for Google in iPhone users playing music from their phones.

Either way, users moving over to the 7t or other Android phones from iOS might blame OnePlus (or whoever made the phone) for that missing feature; when in reality it was Google itself, not the device manufacturer, who took it away.

Richard

16. U1576500073406
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2020

U1576500073406 , Jan 26, 2020 :
    instead go for OnePlus 7 pro...I'm using a 7t...it has huge pink tint issue... which is visible even at 40 percent brightness....on the other hand while using the night mode... screen looks totally mess.... majority of 7t user's facing this issue... check on internet

17. mprodromou
    Froyo Jan 26, 2020

mprodromou , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 26, 2020 :
    No such problem here...