One plus 8 and oxygen os 11 software issue via OnePlus 8

1. Afoodnazi
    Cupcake May 12, 2021

Afoodnazi , via OnePlus 8 , May 12, 2021 :
    So let's start with the issues I have been facing ever since I have been using the one plus 8, currently running on oxygen os 11.0.5.5.IN21DA and Android 11 security update - 2021/03/01

First - the lack of proper monthly security updates. Coming from a Google pixel, this bugs me a lot. Our phones are more like a computer to us. We pretty much do business and more on our phones on a daily basis and the fact that I am receiving bi monthly security updates is just so stupid.
    This is a top end phone from your lineup, it should receive a security update every month. How is that not even a normal thing in android coming from a company which literally says 'Never Settle' everywhere as its company slogan???

Second, ever since I have updated the phone to oxygen os 11 and Android 11, a lot of bugs have been surfacing here and there. Which are annoying.

For instance. I would not be getting any notification from some apps like telegram and twitter will either be delayed or they won't show up at all.
    No notification sound or they won't show up on the lock screen or pop up on the screen. But they are there when I open the app, my contact has sent me text message on telegram but I never received a notification for it at all.

The screenshot issue, android 11 has screen editing feature where you can take a screenshot and edit directly without going into the whole Google photos app and all. (Yes I use Google photos as my default photos app and the photos app by one plus is disabled, if that's what is causing this, I would like to know that)
    Everytime I take a screenshot and click on it, it would dismiss it away and I have to open the Google photos app and go through the edit option to crop or do something. Ugh

The conversation bubble feature just doesn't work at all for me.
    I have fiddled with settings and everything but my conversations from telegram app just won't show up as a bubble conversation for me at all. It does work brilliantly on the Google pixel.

Battery drain issue especially while streaming podcast on pocketcasts app. Mind me here, for example. I downloaded 6 episodes of podcast from pocketcasts app which combined where a total of 5 and a half hours of listening time. My phone was at 95% at night when I started listening to it and when I woke up it was at 70 percentage. All the episodes where downloaded and it was on wifi and nothing else.

Such a massive battery drain from listening to podcast which are downloaded and not being streamed seems very strange to me.

There is a screen flickering issue when the brightness is absolutely low. One can see it.

I really hope 'OnePlus' works on what's important to make the user experience a bit better. It isn't hidden or something, but one plus and it's software is having a bumpy ride since quite some time now.
    Constant software issues and bugs and lack of security updates have been a constant sets of issues, OnePlus lacks to deal with.

I hope it works on this.
    Take care.
    1620801944715.jpg

2. hey_im_pankaj , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , May 12, 2021 :
    Bro issue is not ending here.
    Most Device is on widevine L3 which means you can't play HD or HDR. said:
    My device is L1 from last update but HDR or FHD is not playing very well, downloaded video size is less with compare to other phone in prime video or Netflix.
    Instagram suddenly stopped.
    Many more issue.

3. K1576774364217
    Cupcake May 12, 2021

4. Himanshuchamoli
    Gingerbread May 12, 2021

5. Dr.No.pt
    Froyo May 12, 2021