One Plus 8 Dual SIM support via OnePlus 8

1. aguler2201
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

aguler2201 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Hi,

Any idea on when dual SIM support will be enabled by only Plus?

it's been 4 months and no news at all!!!

Everytime I have to swap my SIM cards,which is expected to damage!!!

Never expected such kind of delay and issues from one plus!!!!

I1572052715870 and deangilvin like this.
  2. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hi aguler, this is David from the OS team. Hope you are doing well.

First off, my apologies for the inconvenience. We have been working with one of our technology partners to resolve this issue. It will be fixed in the Android 11 DP3 (OxygenOS 11) build release on August 10, and then to the coming official Android 11 update for 8 Series.

Yours,
    David

3. aguler2201
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

aguler2201 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Hi,

Its been nearly 4 months of One Plus 8 launch and One Plus is not at all interested in enabling dual SIM support !!!

Even with so many complaints, the support still says " It will be enabled in upcoming update"

I hope the update comes in life time of One Plus 8.

If the feature cannot be supported, then there was no need to add it in feature list !!!

Its deceiving the users !!!

Its like.. made a big mistake by switching to One Plus 8 .... I could have gone a better and reliable company, which gives the "feature", that listed when a product is sold !!!

4. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2020

Swejuggalo , Aug 1, 2020 :
    There are plenty of these posts. Would look better if you continued discussing it there 😉
    Any way... I don't really know the reason for it. But of some reason they enable the 5G features in favor over dual sim on NA firmware.
    The interesting thing is... Does any other 865 equpied phones with 5G+extra sim enabled at the same time exists? If no. Why not? Does Oneplus even have control over it?
    Even if EU firmware can use dual sim it still can't do 5G + an extra sim.
    People that have tried Developer Preview says that they got dual sim working (NOT for daily use)... Worst case... We get it with Oxygen OS 11

otto2, MuditSharm and pablofg1978 like this.
  5. aguler2201
    Froyo Aug 1, 2020

aguler2201 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Hi...sorry it doesn't answer any of my concerns.

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 1, 2020 :
    There is no definite and official answer other than it is comming. I just tried to collect the available info that exist and my theories.
    In worst case dual sim comes with Oxygen OS 11 update

otto2, MuditSharm and pablofg1978 like this.
  7. daixiaozi
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020

daixiaozi , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Well, the CN model has both 5G and dual sim. The dual sim on the CN model is one sim runs on 5G and the other runs on 4G in general. (The configurations for different carrier combinations are slightly different. You could visit the specs page here with the help of Google Translate https://www.oneplus.com/cn/8-pro/specs?from=8pro)

So, Mmmmm...... It's interesting.

8. U1580007062575 , via OnePlus 8 Interstellar Glow , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I'm very that I don't see too much posting about this issue , OnePlus lied it all of us and I didn't return this piece of garbage trusting OnePlus devs words about it being enabled by July... now I'm a stuck with a 900$ phone that doesn't have dualsim and I can't work on.

mbze430 and aguler2201 like this.
  9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 2, 2020 :
    That is with Hydrogen installed or with Oxygen?

Would be interesting to know the different reasons for being the way it is

10. aguler2201
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020

aguler2201 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Yes. One Plus lied to all it's users. Even after paying nearly 900$ ... it is in no mood to enable duam sim feature !!!

This is called cheating.

11. aguler2201
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

aguler2201 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Oh...yes it is coming.... the same pre text response is also given by one plus !!!!! Hope the update is coming in life time of one plus...before more users gets annoyed with this and stop using one plus products!!!!!

12. U1580007062575 , via OnePlus 8 Interstellar Glow , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Well, this is my first and last OnePlus phone!

aguler2201 likes this.
  13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I've been hoping to find a list of confirmed phones with 865 and dual sim with 5G+1 sim at the same time. For example those Samsungs that I got verified use Exonys and not 865.
    Apperently 865 and 5G+1 works but it's not allowed outside of China due to whatever technical reason they have. But atleast it exists there and works! And Developer Preview users have verified dual sim capabilities on NA devices.
    Any type of response on this matter would be nice. If it's due to Qualcomm, carrier dependant or whatever. The only answer we have is that it is comming.

If I bought it for dual sim capabilities and could not use it I'd be pretty pissed off too.

I only use dual sim for testing reasons really. The betas on 7 Pro had some nice features like Dual 4G mode and data transfer to second sim during VoLTE calls. So I'm looking forward to these features.

pablofg1978 likes this.
  14. ankitmaity
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

ankitmaity , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    What do you mean by no dual SIM support? You mean dual 5G? Or just any dual SIM? Because dual 4G works in India and if it doesn't work elsewhere, you should keep annoying them until it's fixed.

15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Dual sim does not work on devices with NA firmware (apperently not even with just 4g sim cards). Changing firmware to EU or something does not help. All others can use dual sim with 4g networks (with second sim disabled if having access to 5G). And apperently 5G+1 sim works in China and in Developer previews.

darklazally likes this.
  16. aguler2201
    Froyo Aug 3, 2020

aguler2201 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Dual SIM functionality is not enabled !!!! Only 1 SIM works and every time, I have to manually swap SIM cards to use either of them .... such an annoying for 800$ phone !!!!!

Looks like..One Plus fooled its users by adding false feature list in products !!!!!!!

This will definitely impacts its users.... they will never ever be able to trust One Plus again !!!!!!!

easp likes this.
  17. vperumal
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

vperumal , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I am one of the users who bought all OnePlus phones and now I stopped trusting OnePlus anymore due to this dual-sim cheating and beyond that the worst support (silent) - @Pete

18. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    My phone is CN VERSION with oxygen is installed. It has 5G plus dual SIM. The problem with NA region may be different career bands.

Swejuggalo likes this.
  19. f0li0
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

20. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Different bands should not enforce single sim as far as I know though. Anyway. Some kind of official explanation of why it is the way it is would be highly appreciated by many.

Neerajan likes this.