One plus 8 pro dual sim support - USA via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Mayur JN
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

Mayur JN , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 29, 2020 :
    Hi All.

This is my very first post.

When will the one plus 8 pro start dual sim support in the USA?

I was so excited to get this phone, but as soon as i open the package, it said that it only supports sim1.

Any time line from one plus?

Thanks,
    M.
    1590789327947.jpg

dshiels and G_Dale_Peterson_GKLV like this.
  2. G_Dale_Peterson_GKLV
    Eclair May 30, 2020

G_Dale_Peterson_GKLV , May 30, 2020 :
    Good luck! We are on our third update and nothing. All we hear is “SOON”. This is the worst excuse for a technical support department I have ever seen.

Gelito08, X1588687440539 and MrMousey like this.
  3. kkcvictor
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

kkcvictor , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I thought the latest update fix this issue and apparently it is not the case.

4. PMX
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

PMX , Jun 26, 2020 :
    I just can't wait for a lawsuit
    the small little fish who wanted to swim with the big guys, this is OP
    great vision, no execution
    prices to same level as other without delivering on the promises
    And the so called technical support team... I think it is better not having answers, the one they give are BS... they obviously take the US customers for idiots

Gelito08 likes this.
  5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Jun 26, 2020 :
    I personally think it would be better to fallback to 4g mode if using dual sim than to somehow force single sim 5G.
    If you are a 2 sim user your priority surely is 2 sim. I use 2 sim. But I don't have 5G access yet.

Poor choise or not... Maybe certain markets forces them to do that choise.
    Have you ever seen a phone that uses 5G and dual sim at the same time? I'm having trouble finding info about that of some reason...

Canuk likes this.
  6. Gelito08
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2020 at 6:53 AM

Gelito08 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 9, 2020 at 6:53 AM :
    From the beginning I supported them, I buy the OP8pro I use two sims and to my surprise one does not work, they say that soon when I update the cell phone there are three and nothing !! Don't catch the ******* customers!!!!

7. dshiels
    Donut Jul 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM

dshiels , Jul 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM :
    I was told we would get Dual SIM support "in the next OTA," pre 10.5.11, by a CS rep. 10.5.11 is here, and still no Dual SIM in NA. XDA has several speculative threads about it with guesses for end of July, but IIRC they said that for April, May, and June as well. I made use of Dual SIM and eSIM heavily in my OnePlus 6T and iPhone 11 Pro Max, but now I have to carry two phones around. Even if it doesn't come until August, I'd still appreciate some sort of timeline and official statement from a community mod.

8. KQMobile
    Eclair Jul 9, 2020 at 7:30 PM