One Plus 8 Pro Hotspot Reliability/Connectivity Issues via OnePlus 6

1. mr_nghiaphan
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2020

mr_nghiaphan , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 25, 2020 :
    I recently updated my phone to the latest software update, but I'm still experiencing dropped connections to the devices connected to the hotspot. It got so bad that I switched back to my One Plus 6 device. Is anyone else having these issues or know of a fix?

AbdullahAlarabi likes this.
  2. mocarz
    Cupcake May 5, 2020

mocarz , May 5, 2020 :
    Hi, same problem here. I'm using unlimited data wifi everyday but for like 5 people so when I wanna play online I'm using hotspot to avoid bigger pings. I switched to op8pro from op3 where was no issues at all but now since last update on op8pro when I connect to hotspot from my phone it's ok for some short time and then one plus dropping connection and my pc switching to everyday broadband and it's so annoying that I'm writing my first post here. I hope it's gonna be solved soon

3. snilleblixt1
    Cupcake May 7, 2020

4. Sweecky
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

Sweecky , May 17, 2020 :
    Same problem here first 5 min no problem then connection drops.
    I carry my old OP6 with me and change the sim out just for my unlimited data for my other devices.
    I hope they fix it with the next update.

V1551603642455 likes this.
  5. StunningToaster
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

StunningToaster , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 31, 2020 :
    I'm currently in contact with a support team members to solve this issue. they provided me with the "latest" update via a link which was an old download version. I was asked to reset my WiFi and then delete all cache but it I didn't do that, it wanted to wipe all my apps completely. il let you know if I get a response on what to do next.

6. DennisVanDijk
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

AbdullahAlarabi likes this.
  7. AbdullahAlarabi
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

8. Ragavendra_rahul
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Ragavendra_rahul , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Same issue after update. Its really annoying that too in OP8 pro. I'm using my hotspot to my laptop during working hours. Its so strange to see that it has a problem like this. Please fix this issue ASAP.