one plus 8 pro

1. V1527522953894
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

V1527522953894 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    one plus 8 pro is no more available now at Amazon or at store?? has it stopped manufacturing or what is the reason
    when will it be available in Market

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Liehjan , Jul 16, 2020 :
    It will be available on next flash sale...

3. shurocks
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

4. devmittal2907
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

5. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

7. Goku_SuperSaiyan

8. shurocks
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

9. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Liehjan , Jul 16, 2020 :
    There is always a trade off on low brightness using an amoled display... I like how it looks with DC dimming on, but that is just my preference...

Your display is fine I think, that's how most displays look on a 8pro

10. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Liehjan , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Can you post pictures of the screen with brightness on minimum both with and without DC dimming enabled?

11. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 3T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    this is my replacement unit and i know what is amoled displays are !... previous unit was 10% in comparison of this....but to try luck to get issues free unit , i gambled and this is the result MORE WORSE UNIT !!!

typing this reply on OnePlus 3T and in dark low brightness but no such issues....
    i have used 6T and one year old OnePlus 7 earlier to OnePlus 8 pro , so i know exactly what is the intensity amoled display can go !...

but this is something different !...
    i have NEVER experienced such intensity on amoled display !!

12. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

Liehjan , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I guess it's hit or miss with the 8Pro displays, I suggest you to get another replacement... I don't own a 8pro but the store demo units I've tried had this same issue.

I have similar issues on my 7pro too in low brightness, but it does not look that bad.

13. Goku_SuperSaiyan

are you from India ?

14. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jul 16, 2020

15. Goku_SuperSaiyan

than you won't understand how difficult is to get replacement here in India !...

Irony is that India is OnePlus biggest matket and there after sales is pathetic !...

my device was delivered on 25 june and sended for replacement on 2 july , it took them 12-13 days for whole process which i understand !...
    now the unit is having deep issues , i again applied for rma , the executive at OnePlus say you may won't get replacement !
    i asked why she said that you have crossed 15 days replacement policy !

i said where is my fault ??
    it was with me for only 5 days how could i use this replacement peroid !!

now things are escalated to technical team and they don't give shit !...
    waiting is only left !!!

this is truth about OnePlus after sales....they have made policies , which are only aimed to fool customer !...
    lets see what happens next...

16. Abhiram Uncharted , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 16, 2020 :

Goku_SuperSaiyan

than you won't understand how difficult is to get replacement here in India !...

Irony is that India is OnePlus biggest matket and there after sales is pathetic !...

my device was delivered on 25 june and sended for replacement on 2 july , it took them 12-13 days for whole process which i understand !...
    now the unit is having deep issues , i again applied for rma , the executive at OnePlus say you may won't get replacement !
    i asked why she said that you have crossed 15 days replacement policy !

i said where is my fault ??
    it was with me for only 5 days how could i use this replacement peroid !!

now things are escalated to technical team and they don't give shit !...
    waiting is only left !!!

this is truth about OnePlus after sales....they have made policies , which are only aimed to fool customer !...
    lets see what happens next...​

You should have brought the phone from Amazon. I got my 8 Pro few days ago. Didn't have any green tint issue, but blacks were really crushed. HDR videos were unwatchable. So I returned my device and got the refund. Today I booked another unit, I'll be getting it on Saturday. Hope this doesn't have any issues

17. Goku_SuperSaiyan

yeah i made a big mistake i accept it....in a hurry i did order from OnePlus.in !!!

now i am experiencing the bad times !...
    but i will fight...its my hard earn 55k !..
    i won't settled !

Sam33rkahn likes this.
  18. Abhiram Uncharted , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Yeah bro, make sure you get a replacement or refund. I've only had bitter experiences with OnePlus devices in the past. But, we don't have a better flagship here in India. I've also tried the S20+. Exynos 990 was terrible. Now the Note 20 is also coming with the same soc, so I'm really hoping my new unit is fine, at least better than the last one

19. Goku_SuperSaiyan

hope so....i have noticed that new manufactured phone in july are way better than june ....try accepting the phone which is manufactured after atleast 25 june ....
    black bar will be there...else everything is fine....you can go ahead

20. Abhiram Uncharted , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 16, 2020 :
    My last unit was manufactured on June 25 or 26. The hole punch banding was barely noticeable at minimum brightness. Thought I got lucky. But, the black crush made it unusable. It was mainly when playing HDR content.