One Plus are you guys going crazy??

1. hattiskarthik
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

hattiskarthik , Feb 27, 2018 :
    Why my phone has become all of a sudden so slow?
    Why Contacts are not opening fast?
    Why I'm unable to watch Amazon Prime Videos ?
    Why my phone battery is not charging faster when it used to be earlier

what you guys have done ?

imran03ali and Fahed Zarifa like this.
  2. Fahed Zarifa
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

Fahed Zarifa , Feb 27, 2018 :
    Mate I have the same issue, I was about to write the same message before reading yours. I will keep an eye on it.

3. J1519749169942
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

4. G_nithan_biddappa_BOdE
    Donut Feb 27, 2018

5. rahilmodi97
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2018

rahilmodi97 , Feb 27, 2018 :
    OnePlus hasn't released an update in months than how can OnePlus cause your device to go haywire all of sudden. And the last 3-4 updates have just been security patch updates. Check your device. Try to clear cache dalvik. Reset your phone.

6. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Feb 27, 2018

pa5t1s , Feb 27, 2018 :
    They obviously did nothing for a long time, concerning OP2.
    Then, I will conclude that it's your device's fault!
    As said above, reboot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache: that should clean your device ;)

7. hattiskarthik
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

hattiskarthik , Feb 27, 2018 :
    I have tried those things n still the same issue. I also had same question, if one plus has not related any updates / patches why this issue all of a sudden. if it is only for me, why many are posting and saying even they are also experiencing same issues

8. eye842
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2018

eye842 , Feb 27, 2018 :
    The answer to that is simply, they have the same app or set up as you.
    I don't have any issues like that on my OP2.
    I suggest you run through your app permissions for each app and disable or delete those you don't use.

pa5t1s likes this.
  9. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2018

Rusty NZ , Feb 27, 2018 :
    No issues here with my phone it runs just as good as when it was new.
    If you have slow charging you might need a new cable as the cables are known to fail. Other than that you have something on your phone causing it to slow down. Worst case scenario if a factory reset doesn't fix the problem you could try reflashing oxygen.

pa5t1s likes this.
  10. sagar_dragon
    Donut Feb 28, 2018

sagar_dragon , Feb 28, 2018 :
    i was facing the same issue
    however i found out a fix by trial and error.
    i installed cleaner master and cleaned all the junk files => this made my phone faster.
    secondly as for the contacts not loading fast the issue is with the default dialer and the contact app.
    The default contact app keeps duplicate entries and tries to sync contacts without numbers.
    so force stop the default dialer and install a thirty party one. here in my case i installed 'simpler'.
    It solved my problem.

Disclaimer: Feel free to try out the solution if u r irritated by the issue, i give no guarantee whether the solution will work for u or not. i do not take the credit for the method either.

11. G_Jenish_Patel_PadJ
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2018

G_Jenish_Patel_PadJ , Feb 28, 2018 :
    same problem...but i am doing hard reset clear cache and data wipe then my op2 is being look like new and fast....i think it is right that last security updates create that problems....

12. vic566
    Donut Mar 1, 2018

vic566 , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Guys do full factory reset.. I mean full wipe.. It works for me...

13. Haroon117
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2018

Haroon117 , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Guys,

You need to know that everything has a "wear and tear" based aspect. When a device is used for a long period of time, the hardware will eventually start going bad. Think of it like a car... Once you use a car for a certain period of time, it starts getting issues. You could even think of us... as humans, we're so active and energetic, but once we hit that certain age, our body is going to start giving out. Same thing with computers and phones... It's been awhile since the OP2 was released, so the hardware won't be as good as it originally was. Yes, if it's a software issue, there's a good chance that it can be resolved by an update, but hardware requires physical parts to be swapped.

14. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2018

ShortyEx , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Could be hardware, could be software or could be corrupted files or background processes. Wouldn't be the first company that builds in some sort of tweak to make the device sluggish or stop working after a certain amount of time to push you into buying a new device. I'd say, clear cache. If that doesn't work try a clean install :)

15. imran03ali
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2018

imran03ali , Mar 1, 2018 :
    I am facing same problem

Contacts and call register are not opening faster.

On dialing and receiving contacts name are not displaying faster.

Cleared cache, reboot 15 to 20 times. But no change. Becoming very tough to call on emergency, wait for some time to check.

Mobile also getting heated sometime during charging

16. ile95
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2018

ile95 , Mar 1, 2018 :
    Actually CPU doesn't degrade? It's software issue and reinstalling OS or favtpry reset could help. Battery degrades yes, and mass memory technically too. But CPU/GPU shouldn't, unless certain type of CPU specific security implementations are installed.