One plus Broken screen

1. rajesh kshirsagar
    Donut May 26, 2015

rajesh kshirsagar , May 26, 2015 :
    Pune

2. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 May 26, 2015

Tobikage , May 26, 2015 :
    Same...from Pune too...did you try to get it repaired ?? or not ?

ramli7 likes this.
  3. ramli7
    KitKat May 27, 2015

Tobikage likes this.
  4. anoopcheeran
    Cupcake May 27, 2015

anoopcheeran , May 27, 2015 :
    Re-posting, fyi. My One Plus One screen broke last week - it fell onto a hard surface with some force, so no complaints about build quality - any screen of similar size would've broken. But the real disappointing factor was the One Plus Customer Care and service center response. For two days, no one picked up the phone in Bangalore service center (Touch). The Customer Care advice over phone and over the mail response was 'you figure' and 'go to service center we cannot advice on cost', respectively. Read in forums here that the service center cost is 12.6k for screen replacement plus wait time of almost a month. Just did not want to pay so much for a phone that cost 23k.

Did some research and got the EBay vendor (verified here as well) who was selling screen+digitizer+frame for 6.9k. Got a mobile repair store in my neighborhood to an agreement to do a fix if i get the screen. But just as i was going to order over EBay, the neighborhood repair guy called saying they can source the screen and that they can vouch for the originality. Folks, i gave the phone to them, they replaced the screen in a day for 6.2k - the screen that was replaced seem exactly the same before my phone fell, nothing more, nothing less. For the last three days, touch wood, there are no issues at all with the new screen or touch or functionality.

Seriously, One Plus, please bump up your service and service centers in India. This so called service centers of yours are just another mobile repair shop and if you allow them to charge the sun for repairs, your brand is going to go down the drain in no time here. No serious phone charges 65% cost of phone for screen replacement - the One Plus phone is a lovely piece of art and deserves better!!!

gmsm, ramli7 and Tobikage like this.
  5. abhinav202020
    Gingerbread May 27, 2015

abhinav202020 , May 27, 2015 :
    forget customer centre.even their chaarges are very high .ex: screen costs 13000..samsung and sony top models with better screen costs only 6500 to 7500..
    It shows they dont know how to respect customer once they have sold the product....

ramli7 likes this.
  6. abhinav202020
    Gingerbread May 27, 2015

abhinav202020 , May 27, 2015 :
    they only want to loot him by making him fall once in trap of cheap phone.(actually not so cheap at 20000+ rs).after that dont have service centre.even if you find service centre charges are double of sony, samsung.But prices of oneplus match apple..
    kindly copy my post on amazon and gsmarena so that poor people of India are not fooled before buying phone

ramli7 likes this.
  7. ashrafkhalid
    Cupcake May 30, 2015

ashrafkhalid , May 30, 2015 :
    hi anoop,

Good to see you sharing valuable information in the forum on Amazon OnePlus One.

I am in the same situation with a broken screen while falling from less than 2 feet height. Already decided not to give it to the service center due to being the ONLY one available, with long queues, highly expensive parts, and delayed and unsatisfactory service.

Can you share your local mobile service guy's address and details so as I can get my phone fixed through him?
    Please share your contact details as well.

thanks mate!
    -ashraf khalid-

8. anoopcheeran
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2015

anoopcheeran , Jun 2, 2015 :
    Ashraf, this is a local mobile repair shop at Kundalahalli, Whitefield, Bangalore. They did a great job of screen replacement without any issues later, its a week plus now. Contact: 8792128384. Ideally, this type of work should be done in an authorized service center, but sadly with One Plus, the service centers are ripping us both w.r.t cost and time. Insane value proposition from One Plus! Even an IPhone or Galaxy Note does not charge more than 20% of phone cost as screen replacement cost. Here they ask 60% plus.

ramli7 likes this.
  9. Heena123
    Gingerbread Jun 13, 2015

10. josemore
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2015

josemore , Jul 1, 2015 :
    Hi, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted their "fix screen experiencie".
    Here's mine:
    - Bought this spare screen from Vifobal (frame and tools included, it's the easier way):
    http://vifocal.com/lcd-display-with...-oneplus-one-a0001-64gb-16gb-replacement.html (took less than 15 days to arrive to Barcelona)
    - Then follow this amazing tutorial in YouTube until the moment the frame is completely cleaned:
    youtube.com/watch?v=AiJLF_ct9Yc

It was my first time fixing a screen. It's not that hard but you need patience (at least an hour)

11. rana_
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2015

rana_ , Jul 1, 2015 :
    Found this thread on the forum.
    Follow the link: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/help-inside-broken-your-screen-ama.278808/

12. wingsaberrohan
    Froyo Jul 3, 2015

wingsaberrohan , Jul 3, 2015 :
    Hey Hi You can buy Origional OPO Screen from ********** .. its worth it i have tried and it works flawlessly.

Go to ********** and search for OPO screen.
    it will cost you around 70$ which is 4410 + custom will be around 1000 so it will cost you around 5.5 k and there are many videos to DIY screen replacement OPO on youtube. If You are afraid to do it. You can do it from your local phone repair shop.. it will cost you aorund 700 rs. So chill in half you get good screen replacement.....

13. rohanbaweja
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

rohanbaweja , Oct 13, 2015 :
    In Delhi, the Gaffar Market rate for screen replacement for Oneplus One is Rs 2500 all inclusive.

14. Jaydip
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2015

Jaydip , Oct 14, 2015 :
    This post was from May :D Did you realize it?

15. abhinavrakesh
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2015

16. tarun.k
    Eclair Oct 15, 2015

tarun.k , Oct 15, 2015 :
    One plus gave me a faulty phone with volume button issues and faulty battery. Out of 45 days of purchase, for 30 plus days it is dead. The call center still says I will get a call back from escalation team within 24 hours or sometimes 1 hour. Calling them everyday shamelessly is again of no use.