One Plus Buds Z2 full of bugs via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. agarwaladi
    Eclair Jan 20, 2022

agarwaladi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 20, 2022 :
    Hey Everyone,

I was very excited for the launch of One Plus Buds Z2 in India. One Plus Buds Z2 comes with loads of features and will launch at a comparatively lower price range.

So as it launched in India, I was one of the first customers to buy the product. Ordered on 17th midnight and received it in just one day. But I have noticed that it is full of bugs and other issues.

I am not sure of it is only with my product or in general. It does not automatically connect with my Iphone or even my One Plus 7 pro even when the Bluetooth is on. Then I try to manually connect it from the bluetooth settings and many a times, only the right one connects and the left one does not. I have to again put the left earbud in the box and pull it out again to connect it. Also sometimes the calls don't automatcally get transferred to the earbuds when I manually receive the call using my phone.

Also when using both the buds together, I see one bud at a lower battery percentage than the other. Surprisingly I started using both at the same time. Then while playing battle royal games, sound of my teammates keep fluctuating in the earbud. Sometime it is lower and sometimes, it just suddenly becomes much louder.

As I keep using my earbuds more, I might find more issues and will report them. I hope all of this gets fixed with a simple software update. Being a loyal One plus customer, I was disappointed experiencing all these issues. One Plus please fix them at the earliest.

Love,
    AA

2. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2022

AaryaJain , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Jan 21, 2022 :
    I have Z2 too. My buds connect in a fraction of a second to my phone when i open the case ( phones Bluetooth is on) . Yeah I've noticed the battery% to be diff too. Maybe it's because it's on transparency/ noise cancellation and diff amounts of sound is being handled by each bud, i don't know. Only thing I've noticed sometimes is when connected to my laptop ( windows 10, 5 years old) for meets, the sound sometimes changes ( like it sounds more nasal) for a second. I feel it's mainly the left bud but haven't figured out if it's both buds or not. But the same meet sounds fine when joined from my phone

O1570540340153, Yogeb and agarwaladi like this.
  3. kevineor
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2022

kevineor , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Jan 21, 2022 :
    Same,
    Having ANC problems with buds z2 now

Works sometimes on activation for 2 or 3 seconds and then it desactivates

I'm wondering if the firmware version 600.600.486 is not the cause

It's very annoying...

4. O1570540340153
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2022

O1570540340153 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I am using oneplus 7T mobile and not able to see any option in bluetooth settings.

Attached Files:

5. Jeremy.Ran
    Eclair Jan 23, 2022

Jeremy.Ran , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I don't know what happened but the buds now says that I have to change the position of it because the sound isolation is average when I do a test. I don't understand because a month ago I've been using the medium ones but then for no reason it doesn't fit anymore. Any solution from you guys ?

6. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Jan 23, 2022

AaryaJain , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Jan 23, 2022 :
    How can you tell if it gets deactivated? Is there a beep or do you just start hearing outside sounds again?
    Also try checking your earbuds fit. If in detection is turned on, i think ANC turns off when it detects you've removed the buds and turns on transparency

7. Yuvlakshit
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2022

Yuvlakshit , Apr 28, 2022 :
    Having the same problem. It works for 3 seconds then just deactivates.

8. E1620788437734 , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Apr 28, 2022 :
    One of my buds stopped being recognized entirely even when fully charged. The sound is muffled permanently on the other. Does not feel these were ready for market unfortunately. Certainly overpriced for the quality and build.

9. Kaspar_1995
    Froyo Apr 30, 2022