one plus feature suggestions

?

what do you want to see on the oneplus one guys and girls?

1. custom gestures

50.0%
  2. make your own theme

35.0%
  3. other (comment your idea!)

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Moyan
    Froyo Oct 29, 2014

2. Chevanlol360
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

Chevanlol360 , Oct 29, 2014 :
    Guys you gotta vote on jira too soon that the cm team can see it lol. Create an account real quick and vote, the forum threads have more votes than the request to cm on jira haha

3. christopheredbert
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

4. isakabr
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

5. eranm5
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2014

6. teqnix
    Lollipop Oct 29, 2014

7. teqnix
    Lollipop Oct 29, 2014

teqnix , Oct 29, 2014 :
    He says in the description that it will have a on and off switch... Bro, do u even read?

8. ImQ009
    Gingerbread Oct 29, 2014

ImQ009 , Oct 29, 2014 :
    The last time I had my hands on a device with that feature enabled it didn't work too well. As a matter of fact it didn't work at all.
    It's a silly thing anyway in my opinion

9. eranm5
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2014

eranm5 , Oct 29, 2014 :

Bro, do u even read this?

teqnix likes this.
  10. teqnix
    Lollipop Oct 29, 2014

teqnix , Oct 29, 2014 :
    Huh? Blanco text? 0.0 Ofcourse I can. . I'm ninja stitch!

11. AzJazz
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

MaestroDarius and stewa2jm like this.
  12. hot_as_fire
    Jelly Bean Oct 29, 2014

13. Chevanlol360
    Honeycomb Oct 29, 2014

Chevanlol360 , Oct 29, 2014 :

Using an app isn't the same, its probably more of a battery draining app than actually implementing it into the system where its specific for the OPO.
    As far as i can tell it has not been patented but LG has accused Samsung of using its eye detection patents where if you look away from your screen, whatever video is not playing is automatically paused. LG also claimed that the smart stay feature was also patented but Samsung coded their own software in a completely different way than what LG says which is why LG didn't file a lawsuit, they had no case again Samsung.
    Cyanogenmod has some very talented and extremely smart Engineers & Developers, they wont be stealing LG's or Samsung's code to implement this into CM, i'm sure that they are very well capable of coding their own work. I'm not saying that its something that should be implemented right away i'm just throwing out "Useful" ideas for CM team to think about in the future when it comes to new features.

14. cultiv
    Froyo Oct 29, 2014

15. marc.teixido
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2014

marc.teixido , Oct 30, 2014 :
    Hey android lovers! I just had an idea for a new feature for the CM11S. Cyanogenmod is well known beacuse of the customization options like third-party themes with different styles, statusbars, boot animations and others but it has no options for third-party lockscreens. That would be really nice to have an option to manage those lockscreen apk's and avoid those annoying and buggy transitions and for a faster performance. What do you think? Would you like to have this feature in upcoming OTA's?

16. rajkumar
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2014

rajkumar , Oct 30, 2014 :
    U can pitch u r ideas to cyanogen. There is a way to do it. Wait let me see if I can get that link for you.

marc.teixido likes this.
  17. Joe Short
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2014

Joe Short , Oct 30, 2014 :
    Great i d
    Great idea, I recently downloaded a buggy lockscreen that forced me to do a factory reset because it would not get off my lock screen... I'm in favour of this idea :)

marc.teixido likes this.
  18. AzJazz
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2014

AzJazz , Oct 30, 2014 :
    SmartStay+ definitely isn't a battery draining app. It is #26 on my list of CPU usage stats. Totally insignificant. Don't assume that SS+ is poorly written, or that CM will come up with anything significantly better. Maybe you should try it out, and you'll see. You sure can't beat the price, and you can get your desired functionality right now. You might actually like it. :)

Sorry, @Chevanlol360 - This could definitely be an infringement of numerous patents. There is a difference between patent law and copyright law. Patent law generally protects ideas (Such as, "Keep a hand-held device screen active by tracking user eye movements"), while copyright law protects specific expressions of ideas (Such as a book, artwork, software code, recipes, etc.).

Patents are kind of a superset over copyright law.

What you are suggesting would be CyanogenMod's attempt to avoid copyright infringement, not patent infringement. Now if CyanogenMod wants to create a different process/concept other than tracking eye movements to keep the screen on, that's cool. But depending on how the initial patents for the "Front Camera Screen Stay" processes are written, there is little chance that they can do it by tracking eye movement.

Patents are there to protect the initial idea creator from someone stealing his idea for a product and making money from it without the creator's approval (or paying the creator an agreed fee to use their idea).

Cheers,

AJ

19. stewa2jm
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2014

20. tastesawesome
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2014