One Plus Gallery App Issues

1. TalidaI
    Eclair Nov 29, 2019

TalidaI , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Hi there! Has anyone had any trouble with the stock gallery app lately? I have a 7T Pro McLaren edition.
    1. I noticed that some of the photos taken have vanished from the gallery. And when trying to take new photos the camera froze. The photos were taken by two different people with the same device.
    2. Then, I had some issues when trying to share photos via Whatsapp. It was lagging and not uploading.
    3. The latest issue is that when trying to share photos on Instagram, the location is not retrieved from the Geo location embedded in the photo.
    I cleared cache and storage of the above mentioned apps, rebooted the system several times. For the past days, I haven't encountered issues like points 1 and 2, but point 3 is ongoing.
    Could anyone offer any advice on these? Thanks a lot.

script, J1571913716415 and amplatfus like this.
  2. edwinkam
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2019

edwinkam , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Dec 2, 2019 :
    I had similar issues with whatsapp and instagram but it feels like it's related to andriod 10 instability issues. updates will fix these problems. fingers crossed

TalidaI likes this.
  3. TalidaI
    Eclair Dec 2, 2019

TalidaI , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Thank you. I hope so, too. Still wondering what could be done so I won't have to lose photos from the gallery.

4. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 2, 2019

script , Dec 2, 2019 :
    As a workaround, try a different gallery. Google photos, or my choice, Piktures (Playstore)

amplatfus and TalidaI like this.
  5. TalidaI
    Eclair Dec 2, 2019

TalidaI , Dec 2, 2019 :
    Thanks a lot. I will look into Piktures. I do use Google Photos as a back up solution. The big issue was that the photos taken disappeared seconds or minutes after being taken. My luck was that I checked if they were OK and then I noticed they were missing. Never experienced this with my 3T.
    Once again, thank you for your suggestions.

amplatfus and script like this.
  6. 10Miguel10
    Donut Dec 3, 2019

10Miguel10 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    Hi Edwin, I have the same problem, the phone works like hell, fluid, perfect! But when I want to share a picture by Whatsapp or Instagram the miniature of the pictures taken with the oneplus (not the ones you receive from whatsapp) appears fuzzy and sometime when you want to share one of them the phone just bricks and doesn´t work.
    I restored the phone but it continues having the same issue. Do you have any clue of what could be happening here?
    You said it is something related with Android 10 inestability but I couldn´t find anything in other forums!
    Thanks in advance!

7. meiraindia1
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

meiraindia1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Yes I have noticed that they're are issues with Gallery. Older images are appearing at top mixing in with newer images, this not in date order. I have a one plus 7 Pro, however this was also happening on my old one plus 5 recently b4 changing to pro 7. Possibly android 10 issue??

10Miguel10 likes this.
  8. Saurabh_7Pro
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM

Saurabh_7Pro , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM :
    I have been facing same issues in my 7pro. While sharing photos to Whatsapp, photos keep loading and nothing happens. While setting up profile picture in Whatsapp, it fails and then Whatsapp crashes. Even though you set Google photos as your default gallery app, Whatsapp always takes profile picture from OnePlus gallery app.

Many times i have to do a restart to make things work.

9. amplatfus
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019 at 7:21 AM

amplatfus , Dec 12, 2019 at 7:21 AM :
    Hi,

You can try to repeat this steps with your default gallery app disabled. In order to identify if gallery app is the root cause in your case.

Good luck!

TalidaI likes this.
  10. TScheen
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019 at 9:57 AM

TalidaI likes this.
  11. TalidaI
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019 at 8:48 PM

TalidaI , Dec 12, 2019 at 8:48 PM :
    Honestly, I don't know. It happened before running the last update. Quite a few mentioned this being an Android 10 issue.

12. TalidaI
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019 at 8:51 PM

13. TalidaI
    Eclair Dec 12, 2019 at 8:57 PM

TalidaI , Dec 12, 2019 at 8:57 PM :
    Well, I have never had any issues with my OnePlus 3T. And I was really happy it worked pretty smooth. I like a lot my 7T Pro and hope to have a smooth and enjoyable experience with it.