One plus is toying with us about the camera!!! Its going to be! big:)

1. Cboyd104
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2015

Cboyd104 , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Fair enough. But I don't understand why mkbhd wouldn't use the Max specs to give it the best chance at succeeding.

BlindCinema likes this.
  2. poydoy
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2015

3. wmm
    KitKat Jul 19, 2015

wmm , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Interesting thread on reddit about the camera. According to this, Pete said that their goal was to have the best camera on the market, that they didn't succeed in that but could have done so with an additional two months of development time. Carl commented, "It's better to release the OnePlus 2 first, while our dedicated camera team keeps working on the tuning. OxygenOS will be frequently updated with these (and other) improvements."

josefn24 likes this.
  4. Cricco89
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2015

Cricco89 , Jul 19, 2015 :
    #HYPE thats what we NEED! ;)

aaron.hossain75 likes this.
  5. fotografefx
    Eclair Jul 19, 2015

fotografefx , Jul 19, 2015 :
    I use to make my career as a photojournalist for some rather large publications, but now I'm retired, and my interest in the One + was due to the fact that it would provide RAW files ! I love the fact that I can open files into PS or Lightroom as raw, and then I can really have total control of the file. I look at the One+ as the first, and so far (as far as I know), the only phone to provide these large files.
    I'm really looking forward to the specs on the camera, but this new "C" USB is killer for me: look forward to being able to download large RAW files with a fast USB device, and not have to take up space on the phone. I'm going to be doing a project using only my current One+, and hopefully, a One2 ASAP. RAW files are much better for my type of photo work over jpegs ! RAW is like getting the whole loaf of bread of data (space) vs. a piece of that loaf, like a jpeg provides. I go back to film and paper, so this new digital age is just my cup of tea. YMMV

6. wmm
    KitKat Jul 19, 2015

wmm , Jul 19, 2015 :
    The LG G4 has the option for RAW files as well. I don't believe the initial version of the 1+2 camera software will have that support (it wasn't in the one tested by MKBHD), but I'm pretty sure it will come eventually.

josefn24 likes this.
  7. Dzwsin
    Eclair Jul 19, 2015

8. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2015

josefn24 , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Because just like he can't show us the actual phone in his hand he can't reveal final specs. Also he is in on the joke and has been messing with us typing #hype evertime someone aks something about op2 teasing us with Snapchat partial unboxing. These guys all met up before you can see them all in pictures together. He will do an actual full review after the 27th with the whole phone and will be the first one to do so. Like some people said maybe the review was for the front camers wouldn't that be funny?

9. bie1305
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2015

10. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2015

Good link! So from what I gather(if he isn't just messing with us) is that they are bringing the best hardware setup in the market but they havnt finished the software side yet but will be received as an update later on..I'm OK even if it can competed with the top cameras at all. Seeing as they had a great camera on the opo but OK software it didn't compete let alone blow away the competition. There is no way he will let that happen again. Having said that being top dog is a different story all together.

11. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2015

And fingerprint scanner won't be on the back which is good news for me anyways. They didn't specify if it would be on the front or side however but I imagine it would be on the front to make it easy to one touch quickly unlock like other phones but idk:)

12. JorgeDiesel
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2015

JorgeDiesel , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Megapixels doesn't mean quality. You can shoot 50 MP pics on your OPO already. It'll only make your files bigger but will not see a dramatic improvement.

13. ossicies
    Donut Jul 19, 2015

14. Erilinesuslik
    Donut Jul 19, 2015

Erilinesuslik , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Well it won't be on screen, but as for camera. RAW file is superb way to elevate photography on phones. Love it since they added it to OPO. Since camera is huge argument when choosing phone, I hope they can impress us in good way with new OPT and it's camera.

15. wmm
    KitKat Jul 19, 2015

wmm , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Actually, I think he ruled that out in his periscope session a few days ago. Someone asked about the FFC resolution and he said he didn't actually check it, he only looked to see how wide the field of view was. (As I recall, he said it was pretty wide but not the widest.)

16. Sonywalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2015

Sonywalk , Jul 19, 2015 :
    I sure hope it's improved... The camera was terrible on my OPO and was one of the main reasons I sold it. Improve, and I'll buy the OPT(maybe) ;)

17. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Jul 19, 2015

18. John Aherne
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2015

19. Erilinesuslik
    Donut Jul 19, 2015

Erilinesuslik , Jul 19, 2015 :
    OPO has pretty good camera, not the best but still on top. HTC m7 falls way behind, same for s4. These are facts, works well in dark conditions and with Google camera app it really shines. Original camera app was kinda bad, that is true.

20. BlindCinema
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2015

BlindCinema , Jul 19, 2015 :
    Mayyyybe he wasn't allowed? *shrugh* I Dont know... :/

josefn24 likes this.