One plus Nord Camera Shutter Speed and Processing Speed via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble

1. Akshay V Anil , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Been using the nord for half a week and have been experiencing poor shutter speeds on camera.After the image is taken i have to hold the phone in that spot dor an additional 2 seconds to avoid blur/hazy images.
    Also the processing speed after the image have been taken is also not upto the par.
    I Hope this is an optimisation issue of camera app.
    Does anyone experiencing similar issues?
    Also the scrolling in whatsapp feels like i am using a phone from 2016.If Instagram can scroll smoothly why can't i experience 90hz smoothness in whatsapp?
    Why optimize daily hunt app that no-one uses?
    Optimize app that are mission critical.
    Hope the developers are taking notes.

UPDATE: ISSUE HAVE BEEN FIXED IN 10.5.7
    Thanks to all of you who have helped Bug hunters.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020

2. Johnny-X
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

Johnny-X , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I'm also experiencing some shutter lag when taking photos. It's not too bad but it does seem to get stuck for a second or so after taking the photo. The worst is definitely when taking 48mp photos - it lags for like 3 seconds after snapping there :/

On a separate note I also noticed that photos on Messenger tend to be really blurry and poor quality when taken in low light. I know Messenger photos always suffer but I did not have the problem to this extent on my 3T.

Hoping the camera issues get better with an update.

3. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Aug 5, 2020 :
    We may have to check this further. Kindly check you're inbox we've dropped you a direct message. It'll be of great help if you could share the required information.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

otto2, Bouncer71 and Akshay V Anil like this.
  4. Akshay V Anil , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Yes

5. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 5, 2020

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Aug 5, 2020 :
    In order to investigate this further, please help us with the requested details. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message. Awaiting for your revert!

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

6. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

ChrisLayton9 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

In order to investigate this further, please help us with the requested details. Please have a look in your inbox, we've sent a direct message. Awaiting for your revert!

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

Been having the same issues and with colours appearing really washed out.

Most the images I take turn out like pastel paintings as it seems the software goes into overdrive trying to tidy up what before taking the image looked great.

A real shame as I am thinking of going back to one OnePlus 6!

There were also a lot of forum posts relating to this before the Nord category was introduced

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/shocking-camera-on-the-nord.1267118/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/nord-camera-colour-balance-issues.1267630/

Chris

7. H1596550569771
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

H1596550569771 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hey! I'm facing the same issue. All pictures are blurred unless I hold the phone (and my smile) for 1-2 seconds after clicking. Impractical :/ Hoping this can be resolved via a bug fix.

Or should I ask for a replacement? Confused.

Akshay V Anil likes this.

10. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 8, 2020

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Aug 8, 2020 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details. It'll be of great help if you could share the information for further analysis. We've responded to you via direct message.

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

11. T1596034316068
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

12. vidithnm22
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

vidithnm22 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    i am also facing same camera photos slow processing.it takes 2-3 seconds for 12mp photos to become clear after clicked and 4-5 seconds with 48mp camera.what to do.should i return the phone

13. Shoaib Ali Hussain
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

Shoaib Ali Hussain , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I also have the same problem, I spoke to someone on the oneplus live chat they told me to wipe my cache but that didn't work then they said do a hard reset I tried that and also didn't work, I then ask for a replacement device

Oneplus really need to fix this it's making the phone feel so cheap

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

14. Shritika_90
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Shritika_90 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I am also facing the same issue, the shutter speed is on the slower side and due to this majority of the time the images get shaken and comes out to be blurry.

15. apchethan
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

16. Deepak_Sepehaya
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2020

Deepak_Sepehaya , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 14, 2020 :
    I am also facing the same issue. it is easy to hold your camera for few seconds but it is practically impossible to hold the object for your shots if you capturing photographs in a moving environment.

I hope team OnePlus is working on it. the basic issue here is shutter speed and processing time.

F_Emily_Abela_qIWq likes this.
  17. dilpreet.xyz
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

dilpreet.xyz , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 15, 2020 :
    Experiencing the same issue. Even my Oneplus 3 still takes sharper photos and there is no soft blur like on the Nord. The shutter speed is very delayed and as someone pointed out, you can still keep your hand still while the shot is being captured but if there's movement in the frame the shot will 99% turn out to be bad. I'm extremely disappointed with the camera on the nord.

S1599040022143 likes this.
  18. kiranvalla
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2020

kiranvalla , Aug 15, 2020 :
    I am also facing Front Camer issue, the shutter speed is on the slower side and due to this majority of the time the images get shaken and comes out to be blurry.

19. Y1596508192383
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Y1596508192383 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Why is the front camera processing the picture when I haven't chosen the option to? I take a picture in the dark and I my skin is processed to white. Has anyone noticed this?

20. sagarika00
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

sagarika00 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 16, 2020 :
    please make the camera better. it's not upto to OnePlus camera mark. the camera grainy and whitens the pictures a lot. and makes it look way too much artificial.kindly fix these in new upgrade. thank you.