One plus nord voice recorder notification via OnePlus 5T

1. Jayanth_Mukund
    Eclair Aug 23, 2020

Jayanth_Mukund , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 23, 2020 :
    Hi team

I have issue with nord phone newly bought, it provides voice notification when I start recording which I felt not needed request you to let me know how to disable the same. It clearly notifies the other person I have started recording via voice on the call.

It's android 10 all updates installed

2. D1540849063343
    Donut Aug 23, 2020

D1540849063343 , Aug 23, 2020 :
    Why are there so many users from India obsessed with the call recording feature?

The reason why an announcement is made to the other person is because it is a LEGAL requirement to inform the other person that you are recording the call.

OnePlus/Google/Apple etc will never allow you to record phone conversations without such an announcement as it would be illegal. It's also why call recording apps are banned on the Play Store. You'll find that in most countries, providing evidence by way of secretly recorded calls is inadmissable in a court of law!

Is it common in India for people to secretly record calls?

Mika82 likes this.
  3. prahladnagc
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2020

prahladnagc , Aug 23, 2020 :
    Let me hear you talk about educational problems when you get calls from harrasing salespeople, blackmailers and stalkers, or even death threats from various a-holes trying to bully you on a daily basis. We get that a lot here, in some places atleast.

Don't jus go after people of a country you don't know anything about except what you've been fed by your biased media

4. Darkmatter2000
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2020

Darkmatter2000 , Aug 23, 2020 :
    I hear you.....but, wouldn't all those scenarios you listed be prevented by the caller hearing a message that their call is being recorded?

Relying on entrapment, by recording calls secretly, doesn't sound like the best solution.

Either way, I appreciate your life/situation/culture is different to mine, but on balance I think that it's better to let the caller know that they are being recorded.