One Plus or T-Mobile USA?

1. CarDusan Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 2, 2018

CarDusan, Nov 2, 2018 :
    For me it is a no brainer: Tmobile... reason? let me give you ($) 300 reasons hehehehe ... my 4.5 years old oneplus one went to Tmobile as a trade in, so my 6T is now literally 11-12$/mo.

2. A1541129811827 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

A1541129811827, Nov 2, 2018 :
    just a few but they made them uninstallable, thank goodness.

3. Serbian Overlord KitKat Nov 2, 2018

Serbian Overlord, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Calm down! I have the T-Mobile version and it has ONE, LITERALLY ONE app from T-Mobile, the T-Mobile app which has your bill and stuff that I've had on my phone's for the last 10 years anyway. I used my useless OnePlus One that collected dust for the last two years to buy the 6T for $280.

Abhi Dahiya and DigiHippie like this.
  4. snce1980 Donut Nov 2, 2018

snce1980, Nov 2, 2018 :
    Also another thing to note. Updates will be much slower from TMO as each update has to be vetted and go through TMO QA before release. Will easily be 3-4 updates behind, knowing TMO update speeds!

Out of the box, the 6t is already behind on updates .

5. W1540890941382 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

W1540890941382, Nov 2, 2018 :
    I have a simple question...

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with native video calling, my wife has an HTC u11 Life w\ native video calling... Both stock and from t mobile.

Does the 6T (whether from t mobile or One Plus) have native video calling through t mobile? I don't want to use Duo or FB nessenger or any other 3rd party app.

I went into a t mobile store today, but they were just putting up the display for the 6T and were acting as if it was some sort of an issue for me to be there to test the demo device.

The phone was updating, seemed like something was missing or incomplete, couldn't find VoLTE options or RCS options, had VoWIFI options though. Couldnt even receive a call on the device.

I can confirm that the only apps on the device were the T mobile account and unlock app...

I already ordered from OnePlus (got the 8g 128gb for 550 with student discount), but... If t mobile version has the native video calling, may cancel the order and buy the T-Mobile... Especially if I can snagbmybsisterssold LG and use it as a trade in.

Any 3rd party Dash chargers on Amazon? Do I need a special USB c cable for dash charging to work?

As you can tell, this will be my last One Plus... Nervous to be ayelpste away from samsung

6. reyesmm Froyo Nov 2, 2018

reyesmm, Nov 2, 2018 :
    This phone is a beast on tmobile. I love it

DigiHippie likes this.
  7. Z1541166625109 Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

Z1541166625109, Nov 2, 2018 :
    I got mine on launch day, through the set up process it all of you wanted to install any T-Mobile apps. i opted out and only had TMobile apps that I use (T-Mobile app, TMobile Tuesday, and sync up drive). which app do you see?

8. Xiujie Yang Eclair Nov 2, 2018

Xiujie Yang, Nov 2, 2018 :
    I have unlocked app as well for unlock the sim

9. therussiann Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

therussiann, Nov 3, 2018 :
    So do we know yet if the TMobile version has the new update yet or if it can be unlocked and custom rom?

10. kamatsagar Froyo Nov 3, 2018

kamatsagar, Nov 3, 2018 :
    So i just went to a TMobile store to find out about the 6T and the $300 deal. I also messed around with the 6T kept on display there.

The display 6T only had the TMobile app and unlock app. Everything else was the same as how a phone directly bought would be. Including specs, features, etc.
    I enquired about the unlocking, and we can unlock the device after 1 entire bill cycle. That is if you buy the device upfront without the trade in offer.

If you use the trade in offer, you HAVE to pay it off in the 24 month scheme and cannot pay off earlier. So basically you're stuck with the device for 2 years. Their JUMP thing is probably valid though.. In this scheme basically you cannot unlock it till 24 months of course since the device isn't fully paid off.

I did not get a chance to check the software version on the display device but it did seem a out of date from the gestures compared to the video reviews that I saw till now. Though i can't definitively tell you guys yet. Plus who knows if they even bother to update the display devices they keep there.

The employee there was not completely sure about updates but said that mostly all phones get updates from TMobile and not the manufacturer directly. So it should be the same with this phone.

Hope this clears some things up.

11. ponca49 Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

ponca49, Nov 3, 2018 :
    I got the T-Mobile version yesterday and when setting up there were no t mobile apps on the phone, I had to add the ones I wanted

12. kamatsagar Froyo Nov 3, 2018

kamatsagar, Nov 3, 2018 :
    Yup.. You get an option while buying to install or not.. That's what an employee told me at the store

13. LouieJ23 Eclair Nov 3, 2018

LouieJ23, Nov 3, 2018 :
    picked up my T-Mobile version yesterday. rep told me in order to get the $300 credit I have to do the monthly plan and if I pay it off early I don't get the credits. is this true?

14. chillaxnphilx Froyo Nov 3, 2018

chillaxnphilx, Nov 3, 2018 :
    It is ONE if you dont consider the unlock app a TMO app.

15. chillaxnphilx Froyo Nov 3, 2018

chillaxnphilx, Nov 3, 2018 :
    I must have missed it in the setup, but you can for sure uninstall 2 of the 4. The remaining 2 is the TMO account app and the unlock app.

16. RCapra Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

RCapra, Nov 3, 2018 :
    I have the TMobile version. as far as I can tell the big difference is you won't get the OxygenOS updates as quickly (because TMobile has to test and approve first). Secondly it barely comes with any bloatware at all, maybe 1-2 TMobile apps. (when I did the Google transfer stuff it actually brought over more Samsung apps from my old Galaxy than it did any Preloaded Samsung/OnePlus bloatware lol!). Thirdly if you have TMobile you absolutely should not be worried about the SimLocked aspect. once you are finished paying for the phone (including when the promo credits end if u do a trade in - 24 months I think?) you can use the SimLocked unlock or go to the store and they will unlock your phone for you if you want to take it to another carrier or sell it.

Lastly if you have TMobile and don't take advantage of this promotion you are crazy. if you have an iPhone or Galaxy 6 or newer you can trade in your phone for the 8gbRam shiny black version of the 6T for $300 off! Not UP TO $300, an even $300 whether you trade in a Galaxy 6 or a Galaxy 9!! Literally it makes sense to buy an S6 off Amazon (that passes water indicator and screen crack test) for $100, then go to the store and save $200 on this phone (making it $380), that is incredibly savings for a phone this spec heavy.

So if you have TMobile and an older phone (iPhone 6 or Galaxy S6) you are crazy NOT to jump all over this TMobile offer!

ponca49 and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  17. RCapra Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

RCapra, Nov 3, 2018 :
    yes, BUT you can pay a lot of it off already as a down payment. basically they need a portion of the balance remaining. so technically with the $300 off, you only are responsible for $300 (you're charged a $25 sim fee I think) of the $580. so you can pay $250 of it as the down payment on it and then only have like a $2 payment for the next 24 months. Pretty reasonable imo. plus the way it was explained to me there might be a chance that if you wait a bill cycle or two, then pay the remaining balance off (what you're responsible for), they may still apply the credit.

18. RCapra Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

RCapra, Nov 3, 2018 :
    BUT technically you probably shouldnt unlock your phone for 24 months if you take the $300 trade in offer. In a way it's the new way contracts work today - they give you a $300 off offer over bill credits on a 24 month cycle, and if you leave TMobile before those 24 months are up you owe the remaining balance on the phone - so you wouldn't get the $300 off. Pretty smart on their part - your loyal customers are happy with the great deal, and new customers kinda get locked in for 2 yrs.

19. riffraff81 KitKat Nov 3, 2018

riffraff81, Nov 3, 2018 :
    #1 it will not be unlocked
    #2 yes it will have Tmo bloatware but not a lot
    #3 all upgrades will go through Tmo

20. C1541265360894 Donut Nov 3, 2018

C1541265360894, Nov 3, 2018 :
    it's been rumor that this device is the game changer for Android and I have the phone as of yesterday and I love it