One Plus or T-Mobile USA?

1. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

meatandy , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Ok , OnePlus doesn't have 600 listed on their spec sheet.

But yes they are the same.

2. tsmith1
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

tsmith1 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I spoke with a OnePlus representative today and was informed that the updates will be pushed by OnePlus directly to the devices in batches, similar to what is currently done. The only difference is that there is a T-Mobile splash screen due to the custom bootloader.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  3. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

elitekernel , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Just curious because, it seems pretty off... Apparently the non tmo versions have Speed Boost installed without the update ??

And it's nowhere to be found on my tmo version, as well as the improved network feature on the gaming mode.

a bit concerned if we will get the same features.

4. tsmith1
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

tsmith1 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I am still hesitant of this as well, just passing along info I was given by OnePlus. Hoping it is true as I would like to upgrade from my 3T with the $300 trade in credit

5. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

What is this AMA, I'm hearing of ?

I hope they push the same updates with features , would be very unfair to the product and might push me away from OnePlus if the features and settings are not the same just because of carrier support.

6. LouieJ23
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

LouieJ23 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I'd like to know too. I have my pixel XL that was given to me free from Google since they had issues with the Nexus 6p battery. I would love to get $300. T-Mobile is my carrier so it would make sense for me to just get the T-Mobile variant, but if T-Mobile are the ones pushing the updates it's a no go for me.

7. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

samprocat , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I will disagree.....
    Have some search on T Mobile network telematics app (nonsense called Tmobile account app)that is not possible to uninstall

8. Lorenzollc
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

Lorenzollc , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Either way I wouldn't consider that bloat. You still need to know about your bill, service etc. And it's one app.

I might be wrong about it coming already installed or not. The agent helped me with most of the onboarding anyway.

9. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

Link

elitekernel likes this.
  10. samprocat
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

samprocat , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Well that's one way ....
    Other way is to use browser and get to account....
    I don't personally like app that is doing a lot of other things in the background like one that is embedded in to the Android System...
    But this my opinion....

11. LouieJ23
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

12. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

Hoots2 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Think about resale. An unlocked phone will sell way before a locked one! I buy used phones all the time, if they are locked, I pass em by....

13. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2018

risky1301 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    They have an AMA thread that they will address this question on 11/01, I'm really hoping it through OP directly!

meatandy likes this.
  14. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2018

risky1301 , Oct 31, 2018 :
    So just saw thread and one of the administrators spoke about the software updates:

• Will the OnePlus 6Ts available through T-Mobile receive software updates at the same time as the Global versions?
    • OnePlus and T-Mobile are partnering to bring all the great future feature enhancements and fixes to both sets of devices in a timely manner as possible. Due to the additional level of certification required by T-Mobile on all software releases, there may be a slight offset but we are working diligently to minimize this period in all instances.
    Hope this answers everyone's question!

chuckbort, Phanitp and meatandy like this.
  15. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

16. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 31, 2018

I believe OnePlus Representatives will answer questions in an AMA thread here in the forums using the questions from the previously linked thread.

17. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2018

ohh thanks.

18. SuperA187
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

SuperA187 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Can somene explain to me the benefits to rooting a OnePlus device. I've been buying unlocked/OnePlus phones for myself and my wife years now and, while I use to root a phone or two, I found no extra benefits, I was young when I started rooting phones. I'm certain I'm missing something everyone else loves. I was planning on getting the phone from T-Mobile.

19. pdxtechy
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

20. pdxtechy
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

pdxtechy , Nov 1, 2018 :

they say the only real reason to root is if you are going to load a custom rom, otherwise not necessary or very useful