Other One Plus Repair Center

1. aphilidor
    Eclair Sep 27, 2019

aphilidor , Sep 27, 2019 :
    Most of this post will be me venting and typing the first thoughts in my head, so please excuse all profanity...

My 6T fell, and the screen cracked. I logged on and was "approved" for a repair. Phone was still under warranty, and the shipping label was emailed, I sent phone, and waited for it's return. In the package, I included the email that was sent with label. Two days later, I got an email saying the Service Center received my phone. Three days later, I got an email saying the phone was on its way back. I was thinking, wow, that was a quick repair. Package arrived, no repairs to phone. WTF?

I proceeded to call customer care to figure out why the phone was not repaired. The young man said that Service Center emailed me quote for repair and I never responded. I told him, "That is bullshit. Only email I received about phone was that it was received by Service Center and a second email saying that the phone was on its way back.." He then told me that he would send a second label so I can return phone to repair center. Label came, I packaged the phone with email that came with label again, but this time I included a note about the first time with my phone number and email to reach me if they needed to. Two days later, I got an email saying the Service Center received my phone. Five days later, I got an email saying the phone was on its way back. Package arrived, no repairs to phone, but this time there is an arrow sticker on screen pointing to where the crack begins (see attached photo). In addition, they returned the note with all my contact information with nothing written or explained. Now I am pissed.

Like before I contacted call center and the same bullshit is told to me. "They sent your a quote and called you but you did not reply." I told her that she was a ******* liar. No contact was made by Service Center. On queue, she then tells me that she will send me another label. She is going to make it her priority to get this resolved. I am currently waiting for label to be sent.

Here are my issues:

1- No one from Service Center has reached out to me both times.
    2- The Service Center needs a training on customer care. It is not that ******* difficult to email or call a customer and say, "The reason we did not fix your phone was because...." To go through this twice already is ridiculous.
    3- Should I go through this again for the third time? I really like OnePlus. Have been here since the first phone. I loved the whole concept of killing the big brands. but the big brands are doing a better job with customer care.

Quick question:

Does anyone know the phone number to the Repair Center in Texas? This is where my phone is being sent to. I figure if they can not call me, I would call them and have a "friendly" banter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 likes this.
  2. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Sep 27, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Sep 27, 2019 :
    I'm in an RMA repair process right now, and I also can attest to the lack of follow through.

Apparently, broken SIM Card port/slot pins while the rest of the phone still functions, powers on, etc, is a rarity.

I have had a maddening few days - I even included a typed up physical note IN THE BOX WITH THE PHONE outlining that the tiny gold contact pins had broken off in the SIM Card slot due to my negligence in trying to remove a stuck nano sim card, and that also, the front facing camera on my OP 6T stopped working as well (not sure if hardware issue or just software.)

They apparently do not have good inner-team communication between the customer chat, phone, and the people who handle case ID's through email. My phone was shipped to a local OP Repair Service Center in Forth Worth Texas and this morning, as of typing this, chat support comes back and says that 'they deemed there was no damaged found.'

This is likely because people do not know how to read or be thorough in their work - they probably turned on the phone, opened up pre-loaded apps and declared it 'not damaged'.... without ever consulting the case ID emails I had with support, nor even reading the TYPED UP NOTES INCLUDED IN THE FEDEX BOX.

If this ends poorly, it will be the last OP phone I own. This process is terrible, absolutely sub-par for customer service.

I don't know if my RMA story will help, but just wanted to share that yours isn't the only shit-RMA experience.

My original post can be found from yesterday under 6/6T support thread FYI. Hope this helps!

Edit:

I tried calling the main number for S&B Industry, Inc. OP is likely renting out space in one of the main buildings, in what is likely an office park of other businesses.

Upon calling the main number, there is a directory of options not pertaining to OP Repair, but to the building's entire company directory, I think. I dialed 'human resources', think it was option 7 or something, and was connected to a woman.

I explained I was trying to get in touch with the OP Repair Center, as I was a customer who was frustrated with their terrible chat support and was looking to be connected from someone in the Repair Center. She took a message, I left my name/number. This was yesterday, 9/26, and I have yet to receive a callback.

Edit #2: I would email OnePlus support, get an email with a Case ID going. See if you can get someone else to assist and communicate on your behalf with the OP Repair Center.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019

aphilidor likes this.
  3. aphilidor
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

aphilidor , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Update:

Spoke to a person on phone and a person in online chat.
    Then I get an email asking me to please submit a repair inquiry.

This will be my last OnePlus phone.
    Customer service is really ******* shitty.

4. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Sep 29, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    @aphilidor,

I'm sorry to hear this. For me, I really wanted to like OnePlus, I still do, as a brand and the OP6T was the best phone I've owned to date, hands down.

But a company is not worth doing business with if it means literally, in my case, having to be on chat / phone / email support every day since the phone (a week ago this upcoming Monday, 9/30) was received at the Repair Center just to get a small group of knucklehead technicians to read the extra notes with my RMA/Case ID.

I have a guy by the name of Jude M. helping me (last name shortened to protect his privacy) through email with the Case ID, as he was the original guy who said before I shipped in my phone, 'no need to cancel the original RMA ticket, we can just update the Repair Center and let them know to read the Case ID emails too.'

So I've been on this guy ever since. I think they're based out of Shenzhen, China (which makes sense given it's OP) as the time stamp on his email replies are 15 hours ahead of California (where I am) PST time.

He's been the only one actively responding (aside from the moderator on here who just reached out to me earlier tonight - thanks to him, he commented on my original post and I would advise you to PM him too) to me and assured me that I will be hearing from him/Repair Center early this week. He responded today, which I find at least somewhat reassuring considering it's the weekend.

I've droned on enough about my RMA issue, but I hope you have better luck and are able to resolve it in a shorter time. I broke the SIM port pins on my phone on the 16th. Shipped my phone on the 23d, got there on the 24th. So they've had all week to assess. Just about the 2 week mark without my main phone and, not for the social reasons, but because one orchestrates just about everything from these things these days, it's not been an easy time of it.

I'll reiterate getting a Case ID through email going and reaching out Head Moderator on here, pablofg1978, via a PM. https://forums.oneplus.com/members/pablofg1978.151804/

It seems like being on top of these people every day until you get your phone repaired/back in your hands might be the only option.

Please update as things move along, as I'll be curious how your RMA goes.

Good luck!

Edit: I never did get a call back from the S&B Industries building where OP Repair Center suite is located. So I wouldn't hold your breath if you try and do the same. Seems like OP has gone to great lengths to hide contact info for their actual repair center. I'm not sure about the Forth Worth, TX location, but I've seen mentioned on r/OnePlus subreddit that OP actually uses Acer as their technicians of choice. Wouldn't be surprising.

Edit #2: I don't have Twitter, but it's a thread like this that should be posted to the main OnePlus Twitter account to get the attention of other users, and more importantly, the higher ups. If you do, feel free to screenshot (but let me know if you do) and Tweet to OP's Twitter.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

5. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 29, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I feel bad what happened to you. In my case I opted for carry in warranty of my oneplus bullets wireless and I was given a replacement package which was sealed. No questions asked. I loved there service here in India

6. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Sep 30, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Since my original post didn't get much attention, I'll share this here in case anyone reading in the future finds it useful.

Update #3:

So I get the Repair Quote from OnePlus in an email this morning, 9/30/19.

Total repair cost: $337.46

See Imgur upload/screenshot for breakdown: https://imgur.com/LcmSnpN

Basically replacing almost everything in the phone but the battery and the screen.

So, okay, I'll bite. I need the phone back. This will be the last OnePlus phone I buy. But I don't have $500+ to go buy a new phone, so I'm willing to pay the super high repair cost to finalize this and get it over with.

Lesson learned, right?

So I go to pay using the payment link in the quote email provided by the OnePlus Repair Center.

Upon trying to submit payment, I kept receiving the error message, "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." Try it several more times, one with a different debit card. Still the same issue. Double check my Bank of America checking account to make sure it wasn't just a delay - they didn't, indeed, charge the payment. So the multiple attempts to process the payment never went through. Good. Cause I don't have $900 to cover the multiple attempts. However, there are plenty of funds to cover the total bill repair quote, and then some. So that's not the issue and it's not a problem on my end.

At this point, I'm livid. After a week of waiting for the Repair Center to finally understand what the *actual* damage was (see previous posts regarding working phone with the exception of the SIM Port & front camera) they respond back with a determined damage & quote, but I can't even submit the payment for the repair!

Contacted phone support, which as usual, failed. So then yet again fired off an email to the guy handling my Case ID email exchange who's over in Shenzhen, China. Now waiting to hear back as they're 15 hours ahead of California PST time.

This is likely the worst customer service experience I have ever had to deal with. Worse than Comcast; worse than anything else.

Can't even submit payment for the damn repair - it really is comical! Lol

Will update further.

Edit: @aphilidor, didn't intend to hijack your own post. But I thought everyone should be aware of how awful OP customer support and the RMA process has been. I don't know if it's been this way for others, but this is just unacceptable. Last OP phone I purchase until they get their act together for an all-around better RMA/customer service experience. Back to Samsung after this.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019

aphilidor likes this.
  7. aphilidor
    Eclair Sep 30, 2019

aphilidor , Sep 30, 2019 :
    Update: Phone is on its way to Repair Center for the 3rd time.
    Will keep you all posted.

@OnePlusUser0001 its cool. I find your saga interesting too. I think everything is great with the phone as long as it does not have damages. OnePlus needs in tech and specs but sucks in customer care.

8. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 1, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 1, 2019 :
    Update:
    Item reached Repair Center...
    I am now waiting for quote...
    upload_2019-10-1_12-8-11.png
    Have to find this B. Beckley...
    The game is afoot!

9. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 1, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 1, 2019 :
    @aphilidor, when I was tracking my initial send-in, the recipient at the Forth Worth, TX repair center for packages was also B. Beckley on the Fedex Tracking page. Glad to hear you're at least gaining some traction!

Edit #4: This morning, after not hearing from anyone, not even through email, I tried submitting payment again. This time it actually worked and submitted successfully. Also checked my bank to make sure they withdrew funds, and they did. The whole $337.46.

For the hell of it, I called phone support and asked if there was any way to speed up the 'alerting the repair center that I just submitted payment' so they can get to work on the actual repairs. Having now called phone support multiple times through the whole RMA saga, I can confidently say (pretty sure) they're just reading off of a script, and likely have very minimal access to the RMA case information. The woman I spoke with this morning wasn't even able to access any history of payment(s) made for the RMA I have in progress. They repeat the same lines, "7-10 business days for repairs, assessment of damage begins on date of device received, etc, etc." I'm not sure if it's a language barrier, or just ignorance of not having access to all of the RMA info. But it's like you'll tell them a fact about something that changed in the RMA process/progress, and it'll go right past their ears.

The progress indicator bar under the 'My Service Requests/RMA' section on my OP account still shows 'Received at Service Center'. I even asked why this was and didn't get a clear answer. Hopefully it will change to 'Under Repair' soon.

I just paid a whole bunch of money to get this thing fixed. The rest of this RMA better go smoothly.

@aphilidor, hope your quote is less than mine, heh!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019

10. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 2, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 2, 2019 :
    @OnePlusUser0001 I personally don't think it's language. I think it is ignorance. LOL

Just got an email:

Thank you for contacting OnePlus customer support.

Thank you for sending the device back for repair and providing us with the details.
    We shall escalate this to the related team so that they can highlight the issue which has happened and get the repair inspected and quotation sent to you accordingly and do the needful.
    Your understanding will be highly appreciated in this matter.

Please revert if you have any concerns

Regards,
    Bella Watson

OnePlus Customer Support
    NEVER SETTLE

What is funny is that there is no status for this repair because the customer service guy did everything for me. So when I log in I can not see what is happening. :-(

11. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 4, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Update, below you will find an exchange between me and the Repair Center Customer Support:

Them:
    "Greetings from OnePlus Customer Support!
    In regard to your repair, I have reached out to the service center and they confirmed that the previous 2 repair was not completed because the repair quotation was accepted by the customer within the period, hence it expired and device sent back unrepaired.
    Kindly, accept the quotation which you will receive from the service center so that they can process the repair. Please do not forget the check spam or junk folder some times emails will end up there.
    I hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to reach us back if there's anything else we can do to help.

Regards,
    Conor Savage
    OnePlus Customer Support"

Me:
    "Good day,
    #1- Conor Savage you are a liar. There never was an attempt to reach me or did anyone send a quote to my email address.
    #2- Here is the difference between your company and the the ones you are trying to "kill". I have had to send in products to Apple, Samsung, and Sony in the past. If they sent me an email and I did not reply (which did not happen but IF) do you know what their amazing customer service do next? They would call me, the customer. I think going the extra mile is what is not allowing your company to move on to the next level.
    #3- Speaking about customer service. The other 3 companies I just mentioned in #2, because of their Repair Center two **** ups with me, would have offered to repair the phone for free after two times not doing what they were suppose to do.
    I have done my part. I sent in phone waiting for a quote and NOTHING was ever sent. Now you are saying that something was sent but I never replied. That is a lie. The individuals I speak on the phone with and in the chat room are doing a good job trying to mask the bullshit your Repair Center calls customer service."

Them:
    "Thank you for your response!
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused! I truly understand your concern and how that feels. As I checked on this your device is under inspection and you will receive quotation once it is done. Unfortunately the repair will not process as free as it is physically damaged. I am so sorry about that! Please know that this is not the level of service our customer want to experience on, we will take this as a feedback and will pass on to service center to work on this.
    I appreciate your understanding and patience! Please don't hesitate to reach us back if there's anything else we can do to help.

Regards,
    Conor Savage
    OnePlus Customer Support"

Maybe I need a life, I am having fun with this back and forth with Customer Care.

12. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 6, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 6, 2019 :
    @aphilidor They use boilerplate responses in their emails and in their phone calls too.

I do have updates on my end with my RMA but also waiting to hear from T-Mobile (my phone was paid off, but still locked pre-sending in the phone which is causing an entirely new problem.)

'We will take this as feedback and pass on to the service center to work on this' is almost verbatim what I was told countless times. This is likely why OP phones are just a hair's width cheaper than other flagship phones from Samsung/Apple - they outsource customer service from outside the US, but the Service Centers are here in the States. That's going to create massive communication breakdowns as you have people on different time zones who, apparently, don't know how to read case/RMA updates to check the status of other colleagues' notes.

At least they're giving you a quote soon and hopefully you can get it fixed this time!

Will update more on Monday from my end.

Also, just a general comment that the site forums don't give email updates as they should, any time a new comment is made on a post you're following or requesting email updates from. Get it together OnePlus.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019

13. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 8, 2019 at 12:45 AM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 8, 2019 at 12:45 AM :
    @aphilidor

So here's the update:

I did get the phone back on last Thursday, 10/3. However, the issue (which is now resolved thankfully) had to do with OnePlus putting in a whole new MB.

So backstory:

I got the phone back. No notification from the tracking on my OP online account. The damn thing still shows 'received at service center' - what a joke their back-end system is. Or maybe it's just the incompetency of their customer service who didn't bother to update it.

The phone arrived in the morning PST time via Fedex, I saw the guy deliver it. They sent my OP 6T back in a Fedex bubble mailer - the very mailers they specifically asked customers to NOT use when shipping devices in for repair.

Inside, the phone was in a small box custom fit for OP 6T phone size. The phone was in this, but also in it's own bubble wrap sleeve.

So they 1.) Did repair both of my OP 6T damaged parts but 2.) Virtually replaced all inside components except for the screen/battery. They did do a full motherboard replacement. So the quote I was given and paid for, yes, they did charge for the correct repairs/parts.

Tl;dr: Called T-Mobile to unlock the phone now that I could finally connect back to a mobile network since the old MB had the broken SIM port on it, etc. Apparently, and I still don't know why, but motherboard replacements typically don't change the phone's IMEI number. But when OP changed in a new motherboard for my OP 6T, they also changed the IMEI number to a new one. This resulted in major confusion for T-Mobile/myself when we tried to unlock the phone. But, from what I understand, T-Mobile whitelisted the IMEI number (it wasn't in their system, and I had since closed my account pre-move to a different carrier, but never unlocked the phone before I sent into OP for Repair 'cause I couldn't connect to a mobile network, blah blah blah.)

I had to wait 72 hours from Friday evening, when I gave them the new IMEI number, after speaking with 3-4 T-mobile 'team experts/technicians'. Last evening, 10/6, I went to open up T-Mobile's Unlocking App, tried to permanently unlock the phone yet again.

But instead of an error code (Error Code: 255 for anyone who needs to reference this in the future) it finally displayed the following message, "Unlocking Request Successful" and it prompted to restart the phone. So I did that. But waited until today, 10/7, to call T-Mobile one final time to confirm that it was, indeed, unlocked and now the phone is, indeed, mine... and no longer connected or owned by T-mobile/their network, which it isn't. It's mine and completely unlocked.*

*Since the OP 6T was purchased from T-Mobile, it is still a T-Mobile phone. So even though it's now unlocked, the T-Mobile Splash Screen and some of their apps still remain on the phone. The only way around this, to get rid of this garbage, is to root the phone, I think.

Even went further and asked T-mobile if there was any way for the unlocking process to be undone, but apparently not. Once it's unlocked it is permanent (unless you sign with them for service again in the future.)

So now my phone is connected to my new carrier, the front-facing camera works. I've been restoring my Google Backup this afternoon since I pay for Google One. Really good feature and worth paying for vs manually re-downloading apps, data, configuring settings all over again, etc. There is a caveat on this and that is Google Android Backups don't last longer than the 2 initial weeks + a 54 day limit they impose for allowing one to do restores from phone backups. I contacted Google chat support, offered for Google One members to double-check and the following link is accurate, More on this page, https://support.google.com/drive/answer/6305834?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

The Verdict

After almost a full month later since date of broken SIM port, 09/16:

I have my OP 6T back and fully repaired and operational. I finally (thankfully) was able to have T-Mobile unlock the device. Aside from data restore still going and getting back into a normal groove, all is well.

I would not recommend OnePlus phones to anyone unless they have money to burn for a possible repair. But if not for the financial concerns, I still wouldn't recommend based on this entire RMA Service Center ordeal. Not until they streamline and smooth out the issues that are present in their barely-accessible customer service.

Oh and by the way, I actually found the website for S&B Industry, Inc.

http://www.r2dservices.com/

I found it by doing a Google search for the transaction name from having submitted payment for the RMA repairs,

"*R2DSERVICES 10/01 PURCHASE, TX"

I'm sure there's a way to actually contact them now that I/we have their official company site.

I'm hoping this entire story helps others in determining if OP is worth doing business with. Phones will break all the time, something always goes wrong after a while. If one has this much trouble with customer service, one really has to ask if it's worth the time, not just the money. Because in many ways, time is infinitely more valuable. Thanks again, @aphilidor, for letting me post the updates on your own thread. I hope you have good luck in the end as well with your RMA!

Edit: I'm just going to include a few more things, as I think they're important for reference:

1.) OnePlus shipped the phone back, while fully repaired, without any documentation in the bubble mailer package at all. Not a receipt, not an RMA repair itemized list of parts paid for. Not even a courtesy thank you note, something like, "Thanks for being apart of OnePlus." Nada. Zip. Nothing.

2.) Initially, It was looking like my phone might've been stuck on T-Mobile's network indefinitely, as the first few team experts weren't able to whitelist the new IMEI number. Since they couldn't do anything with the old, original IMEI number, as that was associated with the motherboard that was replaced, my options were increasingly becoming limited. If they couldn't get the new IMEI number to whitelist and register in their system after the 72 hours had passed, I was going to consider two paths:

a. Demand an entirely NEW AND FREE OnePlus 6T phone, model A6013, from T-Mobile, since I just paid $340+the initial device payment for retail from T-Mobile of $550. Plus paying off the phone in 3 months (April - mid July), plus paying the regular monthly bill, in advance. Always maintaining a positive balance on the T-Mobile account (over payments.) I asked the rep I spoke with on Friday, his words, "I could definitely vouch and ask if that would be an option." So I was ready to do that as a last resort. Simply because it was THEIR software that was still on my phone and preventing me from doing what I wanted with a device that was fully paid off, and in my ownership, post-paying it off.

b. Deal with T-Mobile for a month or so longer. Sign up for a cheap talk & text plan for $20/month, so as to allow aprox. one billing cycle to be active with the new IMEI number so their internal system could recognize it. Then some time in mid-November, I would've called to cancel the plan and have had them *then* try and unlock the phone at that point. The last few T-Mobile experts told me there was, their words, "no guarantee that this would work, however."

Luckily, I didn't have to do either of these things.

Ciao.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 6:07 AM

14. jvincent78
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2019 at 4:48 PM

jvincent78 , Oct 8, 2019 at 4:48 PM :
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I have the extended damage coverage, and the corner of my 6T is cracked on the backside (dropped while in a OP case which didn't do anything to protect). Doesn't affect the phone, and after reading your horror stories, I think I'm just going to keep it as is. Love the 6T, but agree...the big 3 do customer service way better. We shouldn't have to "settle" for crappy service like this.

15. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 8, 2019 at 9:58 PM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 8, 2019 at 9:58 PM :
    @jvincent78 I'm glad this thread was helpful.

Like others, I really wanted to like OnePlus. I still think the OP 6T is a great phone. I can't make any claims that OP customer service is always this terrible. But I can say that my customer service & RMA Repair experience was a nightmare. I'd focus on spending $100 or so on a cheaper backup phone, so that when your screen goes completely (they always end up becoming more and more cracked over time, microcracks cause larger ones, etc) you aren't left scrambling and caught between a rock and hard place. I find it funny that they just released the OP 7 (May `19), w/ the 7 Pro, announced the 7T recently, and now there is even info. on the OP 8, but not due for release until some time next year.

I find the entire smartphone industry to be completely backwards and, at best, gimmicky.

Though I'm curious to hear how @aphilidor RMA repairs go this time around.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019 at 10:08 PM

jvincent78 likes this.
  16. jvincent78
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2019 at 10:04 PM

jvincent78 , Oct 8, 2019 at 10:04 PM :
    yeah I've got a BlackBerry KEYone in the desk drawer as a backup. I'm trying to save a little each month so that when the 6T eventually does go, I'll be able to pay cash again outright for a device. I've enjoyed not having a device payment and being on prepaid service.

17. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 8, 2019 at 10:17 PM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 8, 2019 at 10:17 PM :
    I've updated my last post to correct the release dates w/corresponding OP phones.* The bit you quoted wasn't accurate and I sourced Wikipedia, etc.

Paying cash/device in full upfront is the best if you can do it. No BS 1-2 year contracts. I switched from T-Mobile to Straight Talk. While it doesn't have the bells & whistles that T-Mobile offered (I can't have them set a password for the SIM card on their end, for example, to prevent phone number spoofing - T-Mobile offered this) it beats having to pay $70/month vs ~$45/month w/Straight Talk's pay as you go/prepaid plan.

jvincent78 and aphilidor like this.
  18. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 9, 2019 at 2:09 AM

aphilidor , Oct 9, 2019 at 2:09 AM :
    @OnePlusUser0001

Things have gotten worst.
    It seems to have reached a dormant period.
    What I have been doing, which I know is annoying the hell out of someone, is every day i send an email saying:

I have not received a quote.

Someone has to be thinking, I hate this guy.

Because I have a T-Mobile edition as well, I am going to share this video with you. I am sure when my phone comes back, it will be rebranded and I will have to do it again, but I learned how to unbrand the T-Mobile 6t.

This Youtube link is explaining how to unbrand your 6t.

Click Here

you are welcome.

jvincent78 and OnePlusUser0001 like this.
  19. jvincent78
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM

jvincent78 , Oct 9, 2019 at 3:30 PM :
    my son and I pay 85 a month including tax for two prepaid lines of unlimited everything on TMO. split is 42.50 each

20. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 9, 2019 at 7:43 PM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 9, 2019 at 7:43 PM :
    @aphilidor - that's it. Just keep reaching out and messaging until you get somewhere. This is what I'm talking about. Why pay that kind of money for a service that's barely there to help, etc.

Also, thank you for the video. But the people in the OnePlus Discord server linked me to this, https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307

At first, I was going to consider doing an entire root. But someone pointed out that if I didn't really need it, then not to do it. Conversion does take care of getting rid of the T-Mobile garbage that's left over, including the splash screen. Also, for future reference, don't go by video guides as they can't be updated often, unlike threads/forums.

Let us know what happens, if you get a quote, and if someone actually responds.

@jvincent78, The thing is, even if I wanted to switch back to T-Mobile for their prepaid plan (which I did know about previously, but thank you) I couldn't get good reception in my house or even on my street, 1 bar if at all. Hence why I initially called last month wanting to cancel. So it's not just price. It's the actual service. Someone over the 6T server (sub server to the main Discord server) mentioned that T-Mobile is likely a North East/East Coast carrier. Which I wouldn't find hard to believe considering how poor reception was after moving to SoCal.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 8:40 PM

jvincent78 likes this.