Other One Plus Repair Center

1. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM

aphilidor , Oct 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM :
    @OnePlusUser0001 I went to that forum at first but there was a file missing. I got the file from the video link I shared.

Update:
    Email from OnePlus-

"Greetings of the day !
    My name is Sam Hughes from OnePlus customer support.
    This email is in relation to your OnePlus 6T Mirror Black phone repair, you would have received a quotation from S&B for the repair, request you to make the payment as soon as possible to complete the repair process.
    Awaiting your response to assist you further.
    Have a wonderful day ahead.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Sam Hughes
    OnePlus Customer Support"

My response (again, I was pissed because I never got a quote, so I may have been a little rude):

"OK,
    Maybe I am not typing this in English because it seems none of you understand what I am writing.
    I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A QUOTE FOR REPAIR!
    HOW CAN I PAY FOR SOMETHING WHEN YOU HAVE NOT SENT IT TO ME?
    YOU HAVE NOT SENT ME A QUOTE.

Let me try to simplify my English:
    Me no get email from you.
    You no send me email.
    THERE IS NO QUOTE IN MY EMAIL, SPAM,OR REGULAR MAILBOX!
    This is ******* ridiculous."

OnePlus response:
    "Greetings of the day !

This is in regards to your last Email, I am sorry for the delay in response.
    To be more specific, the Email which was sent for you initially was just a check to know whether you have received the quotation link.
    As you have confirmed that you have not received any link to approve, it will helpful for us to send you the link.
    Please do not worry, very soon you will be provided with the link, kindly request you to wait and bare with us.
    Hope you understand.
    Please feel free to contact us back in case of any other query!
    Have a Nice day and Never Settle!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    Abigail Jones.
    Oneplus customer support"

My response:
    "I am going to take your advice and never settle.
    So everyday I will email you about the quote.

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A QUOTE

OnePlusUser0001 likes this.
  2. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 12, 2019 at 2:45 PM

aphilidor , Oct 12, 2019 at 2:45 PM :
    @OnePlusUser0001 I tried that link too and it did not work for me because you are missing a critical file. I will upload the application here for you.

Update:
    OnePlus sent an email after I have been sending them daily emails:
    "Greetings of the day !

This is in regards to your last Email, I am sorry for the delay in response.
    I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you have not received a quotation link, Thank you for confirming it.
    However please do not worry, you will be provided with it as soon as possible. I kindly request you to wait for it.

Hope you understand.
    Please feel free to contact us back in case of any other query!
    Have a Nice day and Never Settle!!!

Thanks & Regards,
    Abigail Jones.
    Oneplus customer support"

My response:
    "Good day Abigail Jones,

I hope you understand why I can not stop emailing you that I did not receive a quote.

This is the 3rd time that my phone was sent in for repair. The previous 2 times, the repair center and customer service told me that they sent me a quote and I did not pay. A lie Abigail Jones. I never received a quote to pay."

3. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 13, 2019 at 1:32 AM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 13, 2019 at 1:32 AM :
    @aphilidor

The comments and remarks made by customers regarding the issue/status of a particular RMA really do go past their ears, don't they. I had the same problem, kept saying something specific over the phone and their response would be script like - it's because they don't have access to the actual case details. They're probably just assigned to handle customer care calls and to vet issues, etc.

The fact that you're basically saying they're lying about the status and not receiving a quote is comical and at the same time really makes them look bad, heh!

Go back to the first page and find one of my last long posts with the S&B company site. If you still can't get anywhere on Monday, 10/14, I would try to get in touch with the Repair Center in Fort Worth, TX in the S&B building.

Keep us updated, good luck!

4. aphilidor
    Eclair Oct 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM

aphilidor , Oct 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM :

I reached out to the Repair Center from their page.
    Nothing yet, but will update here if I hear anything.
    Wife told me if I really want to get a company's attention I need to start posting stuff on their Twitter page.
    No one from OnePlus has commented on this thread, so clearly they are not reading the forum page.
    Might be my new goal in life.
    Will also update if I decide to do so on Twitter.

@OnePlusUser0001 did the unbranding of T-Mobile work for you?

5. OnePlusUser0001
    Donut Oct 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 13, 2019 at 11:31 PM :
    @aphilidor

Awesome. Yeah, please do update us. I'm curious if the Repair Center actually responds. You might want to follow up tomorrow or during the week vs a weekend, FYI.

And I agree - that was one of my initial thoughts when I was going through the RMA. Take to Twitter, send screenshots of this thread. Get their attention. If you do, by all means, include the entire thread history. OnePlus needs to be made aware that it's not a seamless, painless process for doing an RMA Repair. Clearly.

And yup! I now have an unlocked & international version of the OnePlus 6T. I no longer have T-Mobile's splashbanner when you would turn on/restart the phone. And T-Mobile's pre-installed apps are also gone. It took all of 20 minutes or so to do. When you do get your phone repaired and back in your hands, hopefully soon:

Follow the instructions found below & take your time so you understand what's-what. Read the steps through a few times before trying anything. You don't want to brick your phone. (Though I think there are ways to undo that, also found on the XDA OP threads.)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307.

BUT BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST.

Good luck!

Edit: I just realized you probably will have a formatted phone when you get it back from OnePlus. Just make sure you have a backup that works if you any have important data to restore. After all was said and done post-conversion, it took a few days for me to get back into a normal groove. I've mentioned Google One's Android Phone Backup and I did perform a restore. For the most part, it works. Just a pain having to wait for all the apps to download. Then configuring each app's settings all over again, reinstating 2FA for all services/apps, etc. It took a few days to get back to the state I had prior to that faithful day 9/16, when I initially broke the SIM port. Tedious process, but things are finally back to normal and I hope you get to that point soon, too!

Edit #2: Before you do anything with conversion, I forget your situation specifically with T-Mobile, but make sure and double-check that your phone is, indeed, unlocked before attempting anything. If you're still on a payment plan with T-Mobile, you'll need to pay off the phone in full and make sure that you don't have any outstanding balances on your T-Mobile account. I had to pay off some minor in-app purchase charges from the final bill, before they even agreed to go ahead and attempt to unlock the phone for me.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 11:45 PM