Other One Plus Repair Center

1. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 18, 2019 :

Lol ^^

At least you had a box. They shipped my phone in a Fedex bubble mailer envelope, not a small box, but inside the mailer was a smaller box with the same thing, phone wrapped in black bubble wrap sleeve.

2. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    @A1571408886264

This ^^ is why I think the entire smartphone industry is awful. When you have most of the nuanced activities in society dependent on devices that are this vulnerable, this fragile, and this costly to purchase, maintain, and repair, how does one compete with that? People don't have the option to be okay with down time, eg: 2 weeks without a phone. Not when you're dependent on it to get things done for work, or even just to have access to your important accounts & information.

And anyone who says, 'well that's what backup phones are for' is out of touch with reality. Sure, you can get a cheaper, older and used smartphone and keep it as a backup. But your average person in most parts of the world, USA and elsewhere, you don't hear saying, 'Oh shit, my phone broke. I'm gonna go buy another phone for $700. BRB."

I wasn't aware that Fort Worth, TX was the sole OP RMA repair center in the entire US.

But if true, yet another reason to support Right to Repair.

@A1571408886264 is right - when I first broke the pins on my sim port after getting the nano sim stuck in the slot, I took it to a repair shop. I reluctantly let them open the 6T knowing that it would void my warranty, but also thinking maybe they could fix the pins/solder on a new sim port module. Wrong. This is exactly why the industry sucks. The 6T was released on Nov. 6th, 2018 in North America. We haven't even reached the one year mark yet and *already* we've seen a number of newer phones released and announced. The damn thing isn't even a year old. And spare parts, while you can search online, are few and far between. The repair shop reiterated this point, that they couldn't even locate any spare parts through their channels because OP has control over parts distribution channels and due to the phone being so new.

Support Right to Repair and, with a nod to OnePlus, read your customers' feedback in these forums. Take them seriously. You can't have an RMA repair process, with people so incompetent that they 'forward support emails to each other instead of the customer', and expect people to go all in on the OnePlus train.

I'm tired of saying this, but will say it once more - it's not if the phone will break, but when. And if repairing it is more costly and more time consuming than other brands that are more competent (vs OP and their phone support reading off of a boilerplate script w/little access to RMA case info from the Repair Center) then it's not worth buying into the 'flagship phone killer' mantra.

Edit: I think it's worth noting even after all of this - I still think and will say the OP 6T is a great phone. It's still the best phone I've ever owned (though disclaimer, it really is the first modern smartphone I've purchased.) Previous to the 6T I was getting by on Samsung non-flagship smartphones. So in fairness, I don't have much to compare the 6T with. However, it's incredibly fast and responsive and suits my needs (eg: see, productivity) just fine. Perhaps others here might say differently. But the phone itself is great. OP support, however, I'm highly disappointed with. I get a kick out of your typical customer service rep from OP - you can be friendly and courteous all you want with the customer; that doesn't mean the service is good and works

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019

3. aphilidor
    Froyo Oct 22, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I said this before and will say it again,my 6t is lovely and is extremely fast. I am a teacher and my students always have the latest and greatest gadgets (never have pen and paper though). When we have down time, we compare my phone and their phones and I have been slowly converting some kids to OnePlus. The one thing I have advised them about is customer care.

While i was going through my RMA issues, I had a flip phone. It was a good lesson on how dependent we are on these devices.

OnePlusUser0001 likes this.
  4. bluewaphle
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

bluewaphle , Oct 22, 2019 :
    Right now I am going through a nightmare with FIH. It's been 8 days since my phone was delivered and I have yet to receive any response. I have called everyday since Wednesday to oneplus support and it's just like you described. It's like they don't know what they are doing. I am very annoyed... I wanted to ask you. Before I call this number, are you sure this is their number? I am running out of options now... I have talked with over 3 supervisors... started like 15 chats and still no response. I found this thread doing more research just now.. I would like to know if I can call this number. Thanks in advance!

5. bluewaphle
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

bluewaphle , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Just wanted to let everyone know, today 23rd of October, I tried calling this number 917-567-9245 and it seems to NOT BE working. I think they got pissed at so many people calling that they had to change the phone number. Can anyone else provide another phone number, or at least an email from someone higher than OnePlus customer service? Maybe an email from somebody at the repair center? Thanks for all the help.

6. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 23, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    @aphilidor - Nice take away from the whole thing, eg: how overly dependent we are on smartphones.

@bluewaphle - I tired calling the number and you're right. I get a busy signal when calling. Not sure if @aphilidor ever got through but I called a different number during my RMA issues:

If you scroll back a few posts on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread, I myself tried calling a directory listing for the main S&B Industry building. I spoke to human resources person (not sure if HR for OnePlus Repair or another company in the building) but left my name, number, and even gave her my RMA OP Repair #. She said she would forward along to the right people.

I never got a call back, and that was in the middle of my RMA Repair nightmare.

Simply put, they don't know what they're doing. They repeat the same script-like lines over and over and I'm pretty certain don't have direct contact with the Repair Center in TX. Only through email, I think, can they contact the Fort Worth location.

Just keep contacting them. But don't overload the information you give them, because apparently they'll end up just sending the emails back and forth between themselves LOL

I'm glad others have discovered this thread and it's been useful/helpful. Thank @aphilidor for allowing us all to chime in on his thread (esp. me with my long-winded and overly detailed updates!)

7. aphilidor
    Froyo Oct 24, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 24, 2019 :
    @bluewaphle
    That number was what I got from their PayPal receipt. PayPal told me that was the number attached to that company. The other way I tried reaching them was via their website that was in previous posts. You can send them an email there too.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Repair Center will never contact you. They will never answer. You have to contact OnePlus. You have to be consistent with it too. I personally think somehow the social media things I posed worked too.

@OnePlusUser0001
    I have gotten my phone back and I am calmer now, but a friend suggested I call OnePlus and ask for compensation for all the troubles. So I did...

Guess what I got for compensation of this entire ordeal? A $10 voucher coupon....
    I am upset again.

8. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 24, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    @aphilidor

Great of you to ask for compensation from the whole ordeal - $10 bucks is $10. Surprised you even got that though!

@bluewaphle

I second that. Get in touch with Oneplus, but don't give up. Just keep contacting them or consider the social media route of Tweeting to their official OP pages, including CEO, Pete Lau, https://twitter.com/petelau

Edit: I think it's worth pointing out this thread has over 1500 views in such a short time frame. People have a right to hear about others' experiences with OP RMA Repair and I think this is a good thing.

People are reading / watching / listening.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019

aphilidor likes this.
  9. aphilidor
    Froyo Oct 27, 2019

10. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 28, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    @aphilidor

Yes, I've been able to use WIFI calling without any problems whatsoever. In fact, I just tested to be sure. I turned off Mobile Data, called a contact via my home wifi, and was able to make the call and connect without any issues at all.

Are you having a problem with WIFI calling post-conversion?

11. aphilidor
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

aphilidor , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Yes.
    I also switched from AT&T to Google FI.
    They are working on some things for me.
    I believe Google will resolve it faster than Oneplus' RMA

12. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Oct 31, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Oct 31, 2019 :
    @aphilidor

I hope you get it sorted if you haven't already ^^

This is unrelated to the phone debacle, but I've been trying to get my hands on the
    150cm length Fast Charging Type-C cable.

This: https://www.oneplus.com/product/oneplus-fast-charge-type-c-cable

They haven't had them in stock since August 2019. I'm wondering if they're phasing those out in favor of Warp-only cables/chargers. But I can't get OP support to confirm this. As usual, bunch of knuckleheads that don't know anything.

If any OP employees happen to read this, any confirmation on the future availability of the 'Fast Charging Type-C Cable in 150cm length' would be, you know, great.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

13. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Nov 3, 2019

aphilidor likes this.
  14. williamtech814 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 5, 2019 :
    Can attest, repair is TERRIBLE...

Sent a OP 6T in for repair with an issue with the charge port not being able to fast charge. Under warranty, not an issue.

Service center comes back and says customer induced damage and charges $90 for repair. I call OnePlus to explain saying there is no damage, they raise the concern with the service center. I wait two days, no response. So, I call OnePlus again. Followed up, said they'd get back to me tomorrow. Tomorrow rolls around and nothing. I then follow up every day thereafter, A TOTAL OF 8 TIMES with a run around every time still with no response.

Today, I get a message saying the device is being sent back for lack of payment, broken. Can't tell you how fustrating it is. Will not buy a OnePlus device again, what a headache! Went from a loyal fan to total disregard of the brand. You need to work on customer service and repairs, OnePlus.

aphilidor and OnePlusUser0001 like this.
  15. aphilidor
    Froyo Nov 7, 2019

16. A1573967230946
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2019

A1573967230946 , Nov 29, 2019 :
    Damn I am experiencing exactly the same thing right now. And exactly the same guy Conor Savage. I broke my Phone on Nov. 17th and sent it to the repair center on Nov.19th. It arrived at the repair center on Nov.21 and I've been waiting for my quotation since then. I have to say ONEPLUS REPAIR SERVICE IS JUST A PIECE OF SHIT. It just contains a bunch of LAZY DOGS and LIARS. All they can do is literally nothing but writing emails saying "we are really sorry" "do not worry". Even for meaningless and hypocritical emails like this, they can't reply promptly. Never settle? What a joke.

OnePlusUser0001 and aphilidor like this.
  17. smathew4
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2019

smathew4 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I'm on my third OnePlus repair request. The first 2 (battery won't charge, and front screen crack) went flawlessly with my OnePlus 3T. I was directed to an Acer facility in TX. It was so fast and smooth.

My third is ongoing and is for my 6T. I was directed to S&B Industry, Inc in Fort Worth TX and its not been great so far. I am trying to get contact info for the repair center in Fort Worth because OP support isn't able to provide a phone number or email address to me for some reason.

18. aphilidor
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

aphilidor , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Take it to social media like I did...
    You have to be persistent.

19. OnePlusUser0001
    Eclair Dec 8, 2019

OnePlusUser0001 , Dec 8, 2019 :
    @smathew4 - what @aphilidor said above ^^

You have to be persistent. If after you get your phone back repaired/back to normal, I'd definitely recommend saving a little on the side to buy a backup phone, or get yourself an alternative one. OP RMA Service was a nightmare in my own RMA experience, and not worth having a phone if the experience of repair is such a confusing hassle.

aphilidor likes this.
  20. Rothfuss17
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

Rothfuss17 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    I really wish I would have read this before sending my phone in on November 8th. Got the repair quote December 6th, paid it immediately.. hopefully my phone will be returning soon. However during the month span it was out (after waiting about 7 days for sufficient time to arrive to texas) I started calling, emailing, and online chatting with customer support. They had absolutely no answer other then it has been recieved at service center. I personally think it's the S&B service center that is the problem. I tried to call them and email them as well with no response at all. It takes OP a week to email back each time so I gave up on that route to. Just patiently waiting now...