One Plus tried to fight me on a refund.

1. firewire2035
    KitKat Sep 23, 2014

firewire2035 , Sep 23, 2014 :
    i f-ing hate copy and paste response under the guises of giving you personal attention. be direct and blunt (i am not being redundant) and let them know your objective, and will not tolerate any delay tatics. supply them whatever information they need even if it seems unnecessary. but dont be jerked around like a video of a DOA device.

superchinook likes this.
  2. musicmadmac
    Froyo Sep 23, 2014

musicmadmac , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I did pay for returning the phone but OnePlus have confirmed that they would take this off shipping a new OnePlus One but I wont be getting another.

superchinook and Andreagennari like this.
  3. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I believe they are retaliating against people who file Paypal disputes.

Without the dispute, you get absolutely NOWHERE.

If you file a dispute, they will no longer service you. Instead insist you return the defective device on your own dime and take a refund.

Best option is to take whatever money you can get back, voice it so everyone else knows and move on.

This has to stop. People buy the Oneplus One because it is affordable.. most of these people can't afford to lose that money.

4. musicmadmac
    Froyo Sep 23, 2014

musicmadmac , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I couldn't agree more. I have chosen to go with a brand who's customer service is unrivalled. The OnePlus One has the potential to be a great phone but it's all about how well a company deals with a problem. I recommend anyone that has an issue not to waste time with trying to sort out a replacement, take your money and run.

superchinook and Andreagennari like this.
  5. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 23, 2014 :
    Well the last thing they said to me was "withdraw your Paypal claim and we will give you a new invite when we receive the defective device". That was Wilona again btw....

In the mean time, another staff member Ruta publicly claimed that it could not have been this bad as I had told my story. He wanted to "check" my tickets to see for himself that the story I told about 8 different CS members sending me totally nonsense replies during 6 weeks and I guess no one would have believed me either if I told them that I was asked twice to pay EUR 147 one time and EUR 200 another time to get my touch screen and motherboard repaired...IF I did not have the e-mail proofs! But still Ruta never said anybody would help me out though.

I was told that CS might be able to make an exception in this case and offer me the return shipping cost (no strings attached, as I understood it) because I thought they had realized this whole matter had been handled very poorly....when I never heard anything else from the CS, I contacted Ruta and was informed that "the reimbursement for the return shipping fee was only gonna happen if I withdrew my Paypal claim"!!!!

And STILL to this date after over 6 weeks of fighting, I still haven't been granted to fill out an RMA form to make it official, but already am being promised a new device ONLY if I withdraw my claim with Paypal. So the company is not willing to work WITH you, only to work AGAINST you, as I understand it correctly.

Well put. Just my understanding too.

Andreagennari and superchinook like this.
  6. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I think once you have this type of experience. you REALLY begin to appreciate the service other manufacturers provide.
    Just think about this for a minute. the Oneplus is not exactly a CHEAP device. it's still a heft $350 + shipping and in some cases Duty/Tax. So maybe you saved $200 over something else.

That $200 saves you a MAJOR headache. I'd happily pay the $200 knowing that I would be taken care of without the headache.

That's when you finally see the value in other companies that charge more money.....they charge more money for a reason.

Andreagennari and superchinook like this.
  7. Syed Shah Newaj
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2014

8. xbenbox
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

xbenbox , Nov 1, 2014 :
    This is exactly what I'm going through now lol. Except with the credit card company.