One plus tv U1s 55 inch via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 2, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Will the support team ever fix the issues with the U1s series .

Issues

The lag in the tv is so predominant that user forgets every other thing in the tv.

The tv issue in HDR mode (predominant reddish hue to the scene.)

The tv sound issue on streaming apps, voice and the scene mismatch predominant.

I guess OnePlus forget to metion one of the major feature launch event that is " lag" will be predominant in the tv that user would forget everything he ever experienced in a tv before.

My 3000rs android tv box running old operating system provide more stable and smooth experience than these
    Tvs I spent more than 100000rs .

No fix and they don't care I guess.

2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Aug 2, 2021 :
    For red tint issue, try to reduce red colour from advanced colour settings.
    The team is aware of these issues, and upcoming updates should fix this issue.

Venky61 likes this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 3, 2021

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    What's your system version?

4. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 3, 2021

5. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    And what exactly is that version number. Some units might have miss the OTA, so it's better to mention the exact version.

6. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 3, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Both my tv are updated to the latest builds I recieved the ota and it's been updated.

7. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Great... Nice talking to you

8. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 3, 2021

9. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 3, 2021

10. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Now that I know you and me are on same System version.. Let's talk about the issues you are facing

The lag has hugely reduced with the latest OTA... There are very rare occasions when I face the lag in navigation through App or Interface... I agree that the first version was pretty laggy, but I don't face it now. When exactly are you facing it?

Audio is very low on OTT apps but never faced the mismatch issue. Is this with TV speaker or Soundbar via BT?

I agree.. This happens with warm scenes and even tuning colors won't help it much and I am not sure if they ever will fix it. But let's hope so.

11. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 3, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 3, 2021 :

First the lag issues : said:

Let's start with the interface when your are on the main "Home screen" the lag is there I can say that because I have other tvs in the house running a previous version of the android yet very smooth and responsive. For eg Mi tv and android tv box, and this tv is not.
    On Netflix and other streaming app platforms ,If you are watching something and press Google assistant button on the remote, the tv interface become so unresponsive almost unusable, returns after significant delay. Every thing this tv does is with a significant delay, except the oxygen play app.
    The apps responsiveness of the tv is so worst that it ruins your whole tv watching experience.
    Second sound issue :
    Now for sound, you were mentioning no issues with the mismatch in the voice sequences from scenes on streaming apps, I have faced instances on Netflix and the Prime, where the video sequence is playing and the audio comes after.
    If you power off your tv and you are watching something on YouTube or either streaming apps sound still plays for few seconds after the screen turned off.
    Now let's talk about the picture quality:
    What is the point of having a HDR mode in the picture settings when it is unusable, it adds a reddish tint to the scene, colors look so unnatural and bizzare, and why to mention on the Tv box it is "HDR10+" certified when the end-user can't even experience it properly. said:

Look man I am not a youtuber or a reviewer, I purchased these televisions, I have two of them spent more than 100000rs.
    I will be honest the end user experience these tv provide when it comes to the software is even worst then a android tv box costs 3000rs.
    No matter how good the speakers sound or good the picture quality tv has, everything is overshadowed by the software experience .
    Now whether oneplus reactifys it or not that it is upto them but they will losse their userbase
    providing this kind of experience.
    if the product is so unfinished and unrefined why even bother to bring it it the market for consumers.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 4, 2021

Venky61 , Aug 4, 2021 :
    You can surely share your honest feedback, there's no one to stop here. No one here denies that U1S is not the smoothest TV out there.
    When the sound issue happens with you (audio Sync issue), do upload a log from your connect App and mention the issue in the description. You can ping me your S.No after that, so that I can request the team to look into it.
    The reddish tint you are talking about, I don't think it's related to HDR. The reddish tint I face is in warm lit scenes on both SDR/HDR videos... So it's more of color calibration issue than HDR as I have watched many movies in HDR and reddish tint isn't the issue. Can you share a screenshot of the reddish issue you are talking about.

13. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 6, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 6, 2021 :
    @Venky61 there it is bro the proof waching a documentary series on Netflix and sync issue the remote does nothing all laggy and the television does it again

Link here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0vzSRiJqq4ZKGsdzlDqemVvJiYGM9eG/view?usp=drivesdk

14. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 7, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 7, 2021 :
    OnePlus your product is so unfinished and unrefined why even bother to bring it it the market for consumers.

Fix it, you don't even have the option to attach a video to your bug report column on your "OnePlus connect app".

If you are planning to invest in these TV's be mindful that issues haven't fixed even after the update, lots of community members were hooting for these TV's but be mindful. At last the average consumer is not a reviewer or a youtuber.

Links to the two different videos , one is from yesterday and other one is from today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0vzSRiJqq4ZKGsdzlDqemVvJiYGM9eG/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GkrPYAFiGmm-GWdZGQACDDYQzxjpkp0Q/view?usp=drivesdk

15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 8, 2021

Venky61 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Please continue your discussion in the same thread.. No need to create a new thread to discuss about the same topic, it's against the forum rules.
    Merged with the previous thread.

If you have uploaded the log, you can share your S.No with me via pm, will request the team to look into it.
    Does this happen due to any particular action on the remote?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021

16. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 8, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Its already been shared

17. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    You shared your S.No personally with the team member?

18. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Aug 8, 2021

19. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Yea... I thought so too.. but again I mentioned "If you shared logs" specifically and talking about S.No .... Assuming he understood, giving a benefit of doubt ;)

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  20. R@hit91
    Froyo Aug 8, 2021

R@hit91 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 8, 2021 :
    Yaaa they had a technician visit no revert after that no update on the case. I don't even think the technician they sent had any information regarding the issues I reported.

And that is the "oneplus support" in 2021 . A third-party vendor they hired to serve people's complaint and they don't even have the proper information beforehand visiting the customer.

No emails, no information of any sort, no information regarding the follow-up process.

Welcome to the OnePlus Support.