OxygenOS One plus two getting less responsive

?

Why is my op2 getting slower is this the trick of one plus to make me move to new device like apple?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. suraj051
    Cupcake Mar 12, 2018

suraj051 , Mar 12, 2018 :
    My op2 works will till the latest patch update. From there onwards it has become horribly slow.is this the trick of one plus to make me think to guy a new device ?? Like apple. It's hardly two years of buying this device "marketed as flagship killer" now its having a market value of 4000 INR which kills the user with horrible performace.

If you guys can't handle your falgship itself well atleast for 2 years I dought where u are gng.

Now don't come up with genius suggestions like did u try clearing catch, might be due to apps installed lol staff as i have basic apps like Watsapp.dont even ask me to flash custom ROM which are full of bugs and nasty shit.

I expect official SW to be atleast stable enough for a normal user.

swathinag3686 likes this.
  2. MetalSinger
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2018

MetalSinger , Mar 12, 2018 :
    So you claim custom ROMS are full of bugs and nasty shit.
    For sure, you have NEVER tried a custom ROM. Without them I would have thrown this phone into the trashcan 1 year ago. But it still works, and works good with its custom ROM. As I can see yours doesn't seem to be as healthy. So who's full of shit?

victorzmartin, Hydra Bob and nilz22 like this.
  3. nilz22
    Gingerbread Mar 12, 2018

Hydra Bob likes this.
  4. mpickelsimer
    Donut Mar 12, 2018

mpickelsimer , Mar 12, 2018 :
    My OP2 is on the latest stable release of Oxygen OS for this device. It runs and works just fine. Try a factory reset and you'll notice an improvement in performance.

victorzmartin and eye842 like this.
  5. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 12, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Mar 12, 2018 :
    After a lot of updates, your phones performance will degrade over time. As of now, I say that this is pretty normal for every phone. Your solution is to either 1. Factory reset your phone, 2. Install Custom ROM, 3. Sell your phone and get some new one which your problem will occur again within 2 years. Choice is yours ;)

eye842 likes this.
  6. eye842
    Lollipop Mar 12, 2018

eye842 , Mar 12, 2018 :
    Sorry buddy either your phone was faulty to begin with or you need to do some maintenance yourself.
    Mine is running pretty smooth but it needs to be looked after now and then.

And they did look after this phone for 2 years as they promised.

NeVeR_SeTTLe likes this.
  7. suraj051
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

suraj051 , Mar 13, 2018 :
    D

I think you will use your custom ROM op2 only for calls lol. R u from op2 getting fully frustratedtaed or nightly ROM builder who never released stable then?? Instead be sensible to be a passing cloud. As a random guy looking at threads and replying like mad I agree with u that you are full of shit ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

8. suraj051
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

Guys I have tried Lineage ROM both with nauget and Oreo. in nauget full of network issues and in Oreo my Bluetooth headset connects but won't work for calls.
    I am a software engineer who has other important work than giving shots on nightly builds. Does any one come across a stable custom ROM release ?

9. suraj051
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

Thanks for your time but looking after for 2 years just with patches?? and all are aware how good is op2 with keeping their promise with nauget. Do u think they even have a mind set to look after their so called old falgships ;)

10. suraj051
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

Yeah true I agree with u :) I feel better will be android one devices but there is no economic good spec available and Google pixel is carzy on price which lands me again on op5t

11. Bilgewater Fandango
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

Bilgewater Fandango , Mar 13, 2018 :
    As someone with a non-working OnePlus 2, but who also owns a well-working Samsung Note 4 (and who flashes custom roms all the time because it is kinda fun), I have a few thoughts for you.

1. An update, whether custom rom or factory rom, almost *always* runs slower for a while until it finishes all the setting up, downloading of google app updates, and so on. Run the rom for a few days or even a week. Is it still slow?

2. Custom roms come in all flavors. If you like the standard rom but want it faster, download a rooted and debloated version of the factory rom. If you want to try Oreo, download a completely custom rom. These roms *should* run just fine on your phone and in addition give you more speed.

3. It isn't just OnePlus that tries to get people to buy new phones by not updating the old phones. My Note 4 wasn't updated after Marshmallow. I like that phone too much to give up on it, so enjoyed learning about rooting and customizing my phone. I hope one day I can get this OnePlus 2 working so I can play with it as well... It is true that these companies try to force customers into buying new phones by letting the older ones' updates stop. But that's no surprise. Android allows us to ignore them and keep updating anyway...

I hope you have some fun and speed up your phone with a custom update. But that is your call. Neither OnePlus nor (in my case) Samsung care about listening to us complain about their lack of updates.

12. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Mar 13, 2018

Rusty NZ , Mar 13, 2018 :
    My OnePlus 2 works perfectly. You just need to clean up your phone from all the nasty stuff you downloaded with a factory reset.

13. elanglois
    Lollipop Mar 13, 2018

elanglois , Mar 13, 2018 :
    Uhmmm, people complain that OOS has bugs and is slow, and that OOS has spyware and on and on, but an open source OS available for peer review that lacks said bugs and slowdowns. ... is full of bugs and nasty shit? Isn't that what you just said about OOS?

And you posted to a forum. We can't fix the bugs in OOS. Best we can do is tell you to clear caches (and you said you did or won't) or recommend a better OS (which you refused). Exactly what are you hoping to achieve with your post?