one plus two heating and battery drain .......

1. gurps220
    Froyo Sep 17, 2015

gurps220 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    do let us know if there is any change.

2. lohit1989
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2015

lohit1989 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    I am facing these both issues.
    phone gets warm towards top in normal usage
    It gets hot while downloading or installing or using any heavy app.
    battery drain increases proportionally with its heat.

kraasz and Mrfantastic like this.
  3. prateek927
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2015

prateek927 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    Now this seems realistic somewhat..

4. zeitlins
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

zeitlins , Sep 17, 2015 :
    is your phone rooted?
    when yes you could try wakelock detector free to see what keeps your phone awake.

waiting for mine to be delivered

5. roboxo
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2015

roboxo , Sep 17, 2015 :
    36 h intensive usage? That sounds really good

6. gjdass
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2015

gjdass , Sep 17, 2015 :
    36-40h between 2 charges. I'm using quite a lot my phone so I would say 5h30-6h SOT.

Yeah that's not bad at all

7. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    Buy another phone.

8. Faithfull
    Froyo Sep 17, 2015

Faithfull , Sep 17, 2015 :
    Are you some kind of idiot? Any electrical item in the world will heat up with use regardless of whether its a £800 'Flagship Killer' or a £75 'Tesco Value' mobile phone. Maybe your referring with how well a phone is designed to displace said heat but at the end of the day, the heat will transfer through the body of phone and into your hands! People dont moan about tv's getting hot because you dont stand there holding it.

I will give you a little list of the phones ive owned in my life all of which got warm when used...(and when i use the term 'used' that generally means the phone is never turned off as even when the phone is locked and the screen is off you may be 'surprised' but the phone's internals are still working!!!:eek:

Panasonic GD85, BT Cellnet, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 7110, Nokia 8310, Sony Ericsson 750i, Ericsson T85i, iphone 3, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iphone 4s, Samsung GS3, Samsung GS4, Samsung Note 3, Samsung Note 4,Nexus 6, LG G2, G3 & G4 and most recently what i have swapped my OPT for was a Note Edge.o_O

ukumawat likes this.
  9. vijayvk84
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2015

vijayvk84 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    I get a battery backup of only one day with normal use of whatsapp, Facebook and little bit of browsing. And if I browse constantly for more than 15 mins then the upper part of the phone gets warm. If I play Asphalt 8 for 30 mins or more then I can start cooking eggs by turning the phone up side down, but I will have to cook fast as the battery would be drowning like crazy ;-)

Oneplus high time you launch an OS update to rectify all these issues before people start using OPT as frying pan.....

10. govindkrishna
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

govindkrishna , Sep 17, 2015 :
    In your lingo then - Yes I am having an issue with how the phone is dissipating heat -its doing a poor job, some doesn't have this issue. I am few of those unlucky rascals.

11. govindkrishna
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

Sure. I got this phone to play games I and few my friends have worked as dev on. And now this s**t happens, anyway I will let you know.

12. govindkrishna
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

No I have rooted my OP2

13. cheungo
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2015

cheungo , Sep 17, 2015 :
    Just my experience with the oneplus two so far,

Heat issue:
    charging with a OPT cable in a garmin sportswatch usb charger plug - no heat issue at all.
    charging with a OPT cable in a Sony mp3 player usb charger plug - no heat issue at all.
    charging with a OPT cable in a iPhone usb charger plug - HEATING ISSUE
    i found this with the OPO as well, it got really hot.. to the point it was like a kettle half boiled.... on my OPO it burned out the OPO cable as well... eventually worked again after it had cooled down... for that reason as soon as i felt it warm last night with the OPT ive stopped using that charger.

Battery issue:
    8am full charge this morning.
    8:45-9:00am down to 90% not having used it more than a message or 2.
    10am down to 80%...

spent time reading the forum threads where people have had issues, checked facebook app and google play services. both seem ok.

i then subsequently turned off the fingerprint scanner and security pattern on the phone and battery didnt go down by more then 1-2% for the next hour...

made alot of calls since then and the battery has gone down to 71%.
    turned the finger print scanner and security again at 14:00 and in 45 minutes the battery has only gone down 2%....

Cant make heads or tails of it but the battery is not discharging as quickly now thats for sure...

could it be something finger print scanner related??? id definitely suggest others try turning that off for now and see what happens....

and to confirm, i got the phone yesterday morning. brand new, not rooted at all or anything

shkr and Mrfantastic like this.
  14. zeitlins
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

zeitlins , Sep 17, 2015 :
    ok it´s rooted find the app in playstore and see if it is going to sleep when screen is off....
    you should then be able to identify the apps or services that keep the phone from sleeping -> battery drain

For the Heating Issue when is it observed?

As Mentioned above the Charger should be on max 2.1A 5v for the OPT as far as I can remember That's what the charging circuit is built for.

Maybe Apple chargers provide more current which has to be handled by the circuit to protect the battery

15. hadogumu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2015

hadogumu , Sep 17, 2015 :
    A2003, yes,
    and through the OTA update to 2.0.2, Yes,
    Game, no, not very interested in mobile gaming.
    Just used to play a game call tsum tsum which is not playable in my OPT now. For unknown reason.

16. ceharris24
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2015

ceharris24 , Sep 17, 2015 :
    Sounds like you accidentally added the double as a toaster option when you ordered......

17. cheungo
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2015

cheungo , Sep 17, 2015 :
    with the fingerprint scanner still on, again, an hour later having been on youtube, facebook, messaging, whats app a couple times each. still only having gone down by 2% since the last message on here.

this is more like what i was expecting from the OPT

18. govindkrishna
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

I am sorry for the typo - I wanted to say - no! it isn't rooted.

19. govindkrishna
    Eclair Sep 17, 2015

One quick question - right now I am playing games with the charger cable connected to my PC's USB. It isn't charging but my battery isn't dropping. Is this bad for the battery to do this?

20. capcase
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2015

capcase , Sep 17, 2015 :
    CM12.1 for OPT is available now?